Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:29 am

Has anyone been able to reserve F seats yet? Checking Expertflyer for ATL-IST, it looks like F seats are blocked on all flights up until 3/22/20. I guess the strategy is to still just book an E seat and see if you can switch your seat at check-in.

Last edited by acesh1gh; Sep 4, 2019 at 8:06 am
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by acesh1gh
Has anyone been able to reserve F seats yet? Checking Expertflyer for ATL-IST, it looks like F seats are blocked on all flights up until 3/22/20. I guess the strategy is to still just book an E seat and see if you can switch your seat at check-in.
This is a known issue, the current understanding is row F has been blocked by TK on all flights, and the online support team cannot bypass this, but at the airport the checkin agents can assign them. This seems to be very annoying, since the main draw of those seats is to sit as a couple, but they are also the least private if one pax books E and ends up having to sit by a stranger.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:15 am

Online availability to change B787 seats without calling

It appears now that you do not have to call the call center to make seat assignments on the B787 anymore.

I had messaged them via Twitter for a seat change and they said to just do it online. I was about to tell them that you can't on the 787, but tried it, and it worked.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Sep 6, 2019 at 2:21 am
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
It appears now that you do not have to call the call center to make seat assignments on the B787 anymore.

I had messaged them via Twitter for a seat change and they said to just do it online. I was about to tell them that you can't on the 787, but tried it, and it worked.
Well yes and no. As long as you want a window seat things are golden. There is no way for couples to select either middle seat configuration however since all F seats are blocked and all G seats still simply do not exist. Now that the imperfect seat map is up on the website the cabin on my flight is filling up with seat selections as well, so I guess I will have to be comfortable living with a window and an aisle unless we can be moved around at check in.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by HiAperture
Well yes and no. As long as you want a window seat things are golden. There is no way for couples to select either middle seat configuration however since all F seats are blocked and all G seats still simply do not exist. Now that the imperfect seat map is up on the website the cabin on my flight is filling up with seat selections as well, so I guess I will have to be comfortable living with a window and an aisle unless we can be moved around at check in.
Sure, I should have been more specific. I was, in fact, talking about the window seat/having to call for any change because the seatmap hadn't been loaded issues.
HiAperture likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:49 am

Is there any explanation why all the F seats are blocked?
And why the f**k doesnt TK clean up this mess?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:15 am

booked EF SEATS

Was able to book EF seats on the 787 via the app. didnt have to call or anything.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:34 am

Hi guys,

I just registered to the forum but I was reading this topics for a long time and I was planning to share my experience with you after the flight. Couple of weeks ago, I flew from Istanbul to Denpasar in Dreamliner Business Class cabin. So, If you have any questions about seat allocation process, airport, the aircraft... I would be glad to share with you.

I already wrote something in my website (But I cannot share it since I am a new member). It is a short review actually but hope it might help someone.

Again, please ask me anything about the flight and the aircraft I am here to answer.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Bestter
Same situation. I called the center: they were unable to unblock F seats...even if I will be traveling with my kid !
I asked them to assign 3E and 3K...I will see later if they finally unblocked seat 3F.
Unfortunately I faced the same problem and they could only unlock those seats when I checked in at the airport. I was able to get 1E-1F but those were the last honeymoon seats. There were a chaos for some couples in the aircraft to change the seats in order to sit together
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by shadowlines
Was able to book EF seats on the 787 via the app. didnt have to call or anything.
Odd, all of the F seats on my app showed them greyed out (and all of the E seats are available)
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:42 am

More information needed, what route, what dates are you flying, just in general checking your flight, or at online check in time?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:48 am

More information needed, what route, what dates are you flying, just in general checking your flight, or at online check in time?
iad to ist. april 2020. just managing my flights
HiAperture likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:03 am

iad to ist. april 2020. just managing my flights
I just downloaded the app and I see the same seat map as on the web, with all F seats blocked out. So Turkish must have stopped blocking those seats by the dates of your flight. Glad to hear that perhaps at least at some point in the future TK is going to make them readily available.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:23 am

I just downloaded the app and I see the same seat map as on the web, with all F seats blocked out. So Turkish must have stopped blocking those seats by the dates of your flight. Glad to hear that perhaps at least at some point in the future TK is going to make them readily available.
Those seats are blocked because they do not exist in any of the seat selection processes before airport check-in. I was called by a well-informed personel and she told me there is no F seat exists in their screens Somebody from TK has to fix this issue.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:58 am

Just a data point for selection of F seats. When I booked in mid Aug, I was not able to make seat selections online so I called them and selected roll 2 (even #) as we are traveling in a group of 3. I checked online on 8/29th or 30th and saw the seat maps online update but was not able to change seats online (I guess since I already have seats assigned?), so I called them and was able to changed seats to 3A, 3E & 3F. My flight is for July 2020 on IST to KUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.