I can't confirm the new flight details

Old Mar 18, 19, 4:46 am
Original Poster

I can't confirm the new flight details

Can someone help me with this? A few months ago some details regarding the time of my flight changed. Only like 10 minutes. When i log in TK to check my booking status i get this message: "Your flight’s date/time changed. You can confirm the new flight recommended to you, change or cancel your flight. Please select your preference."
I am given two options: cancel flight and change flight. But all i want is to confirm the new flight details so i can go back to looking at seats and stuff i know was there before this.
Of course i don't want to cancel the flight and if i go with change flight i then proceed to choose all the same flights and after trying to continue it don't work. Anyone can help me please?
opticalserenity likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by psysergic View Post
Can someone help me with this? A few months ago some details regarding the time of my flight changed. Only like 10 minutes. When i log in TK to check my booking status i get this message: "Your flight’s date/time changed. You can confirm the new flight recommended to you, change or cancel your flight. Please select your preference."
I am given two options: cancel flight and change flight. But all i want is to confirm the new flight details so i can go back to looking at seats and stuff i know was there before this.
Of course i don't want to cancel the flight and if i go with change flight i then proceed to choose all the same flights and after trying to continue it don't work. Anyone can help me please?
Hello,
Try to pull up your booking via the TK App on your phone.
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX21 View Post
Hello,
Try to pull up your booking via the TK App on your phone.
Ok so i tried, i get two options again, this time: "If you wish, New flights can be selected or you can cancel the flight" This is insane, NO i do not wish to select a NEW flight and NO i don't want to cancel my flight. I am perfectly happy the way it is. Why would i want to cancel my flight that i paid a lot of money for.

It has been like this for a few months now. My flight is in July and i thought i might want to check some seats and all that stuff that was there before they changed time of flight...
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:38 am

Programs: Skywards, Miles&More
I have same problem and can't do anything. I tried with TK with no success. I called local TK office and they told me to ignore it if I agree with new timings and when i emailed to TK they gave me numbers to call them to Turkey. I gave up and now I hope this will go away few weeks before our dates so I could make seat reservations.
Old Mar 18, 19, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TM78 View Post
I have same problem and can't do anything. I tried with TK with no success. I called local TK office and they told me to ignore it if I agree with new timings and when i emailed to TK they gave me numbers to call them to Turkey. I gave up and now I hope this will go away few weeks before our dates so I could make seat reservations.
Honestly i'm starting to think this can't even be fixed from our side. Seems like a problem with the website. I don't even know where to contact for support, is there an e-mail or something?
Old Mar 18, 19, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / SPG Gold
Similar issue but the number sent to me had multiple telephone contact and they sorted the problem with out any problem. It was a bit slow and they are very keen on making you conform every stage of the process but they were pleasant and helpful. Phone was answered promptly.
Old Mar 18, 19, 1:29 pm

This was their replay on my problem: '' For your issue, you need to give our worldwide customer service a call at +90 212 444 0 849 / +90 850 333 0 849. Our friends there will be happy to help. ''.
Old Mar 18, 19, 1:43 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I have exactly the same problem on two bookings on both the website and the app. Sigh.
Old Mar 18, 19, 4:44 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
It's just TK IT. Once I had to call the call center and speak to an agent only because the flight number of my flight was changed on a domestic route. She couldn't confirm my ticket as well and she told me that the IT department would make the necessary checks. Within 24 hours my ticket was confirmed. This occurred in November 2018

Few years ago, passengers were asked to confirm their flights through sales offices minimum 3 hours before their flights. So asked to be talking with a call center agent is a huge improvement for TK.

@:-) We are talking about an airline that you can't upgrade your flights online with your miles. So, what did you expect from TK IT? @:-)
opticalserenity likes this.
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
It's just TK IT. Once I had to call the call center and speak to an agent only because the flight number of my flight was changed on a domestic route. She couldn't confirm my ticket as well and she told me that the IT department would make the necessary checks. Within 24 hours my ticket was confirmed. This occurred in November 2018

Few years ago, passengers were asked to confirm their flights through sales offices minimum 3 hours before their flights. So asked to be talking with a call center agent is a huge improvement for TK.

@:-) We are talking about an airline that you can't upgrade your flights online with your miles. So, what did you expect from TK IT? @:-)
You just made my day with this. LOL I'm not so familiar with TK so lot's of things with it are new to me. We started to fly with them last year and so far we realy like it. If we fly only to IST I realy don't care much about it but since we'll be in transit i was little worried when we couldn't confirm it. But i stoped worring about it since we're not on longhaul flights where seats are more important to me.
Old Jun 7, 19, 4:31 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines
Originally Posted by binman View Post
Similar issue but the number sent to me had multiple telephone contact and they sorted the problem with out any problem. It was a bit slow and they are very keen on making you conform every stage of the process but they were pleasant and helpful. Phone was answered promptly.
What number did you use. The number I was given on email is on Turk and the other international local number nobody picks up. We do not have an office in the country so not sure what to do my flight is next week
Old Jun 7, 19, 5:16 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by TM78 View Post
This was their replay on my problem: '' For your issue, you need to give our worldwide customer service a call at +90 212 444 0 849 / +90 850 333 0 849. Our friends there will be happy to help. ''.
I used one of these numbers to talk to a support person, took a few minutes waiting for confirmation.
Clerk also told me confirmation can be done via app, not via web pc.
Hopely TK IT will master this issue some day.....
TM78 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 9:57 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Just to inform now the TK app allow to confirm the flight after schedule changes through manage bookings. The alert page shows the old and new itineraries and then you can click on "confirm new schedule/ticket", then you go to the last page with details and total cost (zero USD) and the final confirmation. Two seconds later I received the email with modified tickets.
I have a flight from CGK to Europe for next November and the IST-CGK leg departure time has been anticipated by 15 minutes from 2.35 am to 2.20 and knowing previous issues here I was ready to call TK, good to know isn't necessary anymore.
Old Sep 20, 19, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
Just to inform now the TK app allow to confirm the flight after schedule changes through manage bookings. The alert page shows the old and new itineraries and then you can click on "confirm new schedule/ticket", then you go to the last page with details and total cost (zero USD) and the final confirmation. Two seconds later I received the email with modified tickets.
I have a flight from CGK to Europe for next November and the IST-CGK leg departure time has been anticipated by 15 minutes from 2.35 am to 2.20 and knowing previous issues here I was ready to call TK, good to know isn't necessary anymore.

I just went through the same process, though i was sightly alarmed to be first offered the options of changing flights or cancelling: but it all got sorted out.

I think the big problem will remain for those who have upgraded flights with e-vouchers. It seems there's a measure of manual jiggery-pokery involved in detaching those pesky vouchers from the defunct reservation then reattaching them to the new one.
Old Sep 21, 19, 12:59 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
I just went through the same process, though i was sightly alarmed to be first offered the options of changing flights or cancelling: but it all got sorted out.

I think the big problem will remain for those who have upgraded flights with e-vouchers. It seems there's a measure of manual jiggery-pokery involved in detaching those pesky vouchers from the defunct reservation then reattaching them to the new one.
Indeed. I'm not touching my booking with a 40 foot pole. My plane is to show up at the airport as if nothing happened. It's the best approach for us with upgrades tickets

Search this Thread
Search Engine: