Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: *A (SQ G, TK E)
Originally Posted by duvin
Just for clearness, you might want to refer to Turkish Airlines as TK, not TA, which used to be Avianca El Salvador's IATA code. Also the other code (KF) you use in your user information belongs to the now defunct Blue1. If you mean KrisFlyer it's better to use the airline's IATA code SQ.
Mea culpa. Thanks. Any help with my question?

Last edited by mrcurtis08; Apr 12, 2017 at 6:51 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mrcurtis08
I, too, was originally led to believe status miles from *A partners would suffice, and I subsequently booked a number of flights thinking I would have the status match all wrapped up in no time. Now, because of all the confusion, I have decided to try to maintain my new TK Elite simply by accumulating enough status miles on the other *A airlines on which I prefer to fly. I don't want to give up on TK for status, though, because of the lower bar (37500 in two years vs. 50k in one year for most other programs).

On 9 January, I received a four month trial Elite status match. After flying a qualifying TK international flight, I was told that my Elite status would be extended for 8 additional months. On my most recent statement, it indicates that status requalification requires 37500 status miles in the first 2 years of membership, and that I presently have 5590 of those miles (from that qualifying international flight). Does anyone here know if I am correct in understanding that to mean my status will be renewed for 2 years as soon as I accrue 37500 status miles (assuming that I do so within the first two years of Elite membership, dated from 9 January 2017)?
The status match puts you in the second year of Elite Status (the status expires at the end of the year), so you'd need to earn the full 37500 miles within the first year.

It's probably a lot easier to fly the 15k on TK.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
The status match puts you in the second year of Elite Status (the status expires at the end of the year), so you'd need to earn the full 37500 miles within the first year.

It's probably a lot easier to fly the 15k on TK.
Thanks - but I will fly (more than) 37500 status miles on other *A partners in the 12 months following my TK status match - so that is my question: if I do so, will my Elite status be renewed if I credit those miles to TK? And, if so, will it be for two years? (I have asked TK via their feedback form, but so far I have only received very general replies without specifically addressing my particular question).
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:42 am
tcm

Thanks - but I will fly (more than) 37500 status miles on other *A partners in the 12 months following my TK status match - so that is my question: if I do so, will my Elite status be renewed if I credit those miles to TK? And, if so, will it be for two years? (I have asked TK via their feedback form, but so far I have only received very general replies without specifically addressing my particular question).
Fellow posters have better luck in contacting TK over twitter; the responses to the feedback form are often generic.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by tcm
Fellow posters have better luck in contacting TK over twitter; the responses to the feedback form are often generic.
I did see that earlier on the thread, so I used the Twitter HelpDesk - but they only passed my request along to the back office team who then sent out the generic replies - frustrating is the best way to describe my interactions with TK!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
If you fly 37500 miles within the first year after status match, I think the status will be renewed. However, I'm not TK, so I can't guarantee that.

I have multiple friends who earned Elite Plus during the status match period, so I know upgrades do work within the first year. I imagine renewals should work the same way.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Does anyone here know if I am correct in understanding that to mean my status will be renewed for 2 years as soon as I accrue 37500 status miles (assuming that I do so within the first two years of Elite membership, dated from 9 January 2017)?
Even if it is renewed for next 2 years, it will not be renewed as soon as you accrue 37500 status miles. Renewal happens after your current status period ends.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:17 pm

Anyone is approved for status match recently? I submitted my request about a week ago and have not heard anything since. Does chasing them on Twitter become necessary?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
Anyone is approved for status match recently? I submitted my request about a week ago and have not heard anything since. Does chasing them on Twitter become necessary?
I submitted a request 2 weeks ago as a UA 1K submitting a jpg of my 1K card and screen shot of my account and got an email today that I was denied.

Actual response:

"Referring to your request, we are unable to meet your demand positively."

Demand? Positively? Yikes.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by raidersfan1
I submitted a request 2 weeks ago as a UA 1K submitting a jpg of my 1K card and screen shot of my account and got an email today that I was denied.

Actual response:

They do not match from other *A airlines
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:32 pm

Actual response:

Do you have flying activities in 2017?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:06 pm

Do you have flying activities in 2017?
On United? Yes. On Turkish? No. I didn't realize that they don't status match *A, however. My bad.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:41 pm

On United? Yes. On Turkish? No. I didn't realize that they don't status match *A, however. My bad.
On United. I heard TK does not like elites without recent flying activities. There are also a few datapoints about TK matching *Gold though.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:17 am

If you accrue the 37500 status miles on *A partners while having TK gold Elite status, you will maintain your status for another 2 years. If you have not accrued the 37500 status miles being TK Gold Elite and fall back to TK Silver elite, you need to accrue 40000 status miles within the last 12 months, to requalify for TK gold.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
On United. I heard TK does not like elites without recent flying activities. There are also a few datapoints about TK matching *Gold though.

That's because they used to match other *A gold airline, I myself got matched from another star member, but they recently stopped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.