Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:10 am

I still have no decent reply from TK regarding not delivering on their promise to grant two-year *A-Gold after completing 1 international flight and 15 status miles. But I will keep complaining through all channels until it is resolved (and if not will involve my lawyer).

If you are also in the same situation check on your miles&smiles online account ("card operations") - even there it says "Your Elite membership is a trial period. Card Upgrade (Must earn 15.000 status miles in first 12 months)". No mention of any requirement to earn those status miles on TK flights.

I have just received this through TK Twitter:
"Hi, it was definitely not our intention to disappoint you or make you wait so long. We have urged our team again and they will get in touch with with you the soonest. Again we apologise for the inconvenience. Best regards."

I would recommend that everybody keeps complaining in writing until they give in and deliver on their promise. Do not give up!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Donegal
I still have no decent reply from TK regarding not delivering on their promise to grant two-year *A-Gold after completing 1 international flight and 15 status miles. But I will keep complaining through all channels until it is resolved (and if not will involve my lawyer).

If you are also in the same situation check on your miles&smiles online account ("card operations") - even there it says "Your Elite membership is a trial period. Card Upgrade (Must earn 15.000 status miles in first 12 months)". No mention of any requirement to earn those status miles on TK flights.

"Hi, it was definitely not our intention to disappoint you or make you wait so long. We have urged our team again and they will get in touch with with you the soonest. Again we apologise for the inconvenience. Best regards."

I would recommend that everybody keeps complaining in writing until they give in and deliver on their promise. Do not give up!
Don't you think that is a little bit extreme? And unlikely to get you anywhere as I am pretty sure that the M&S T&C will say something along the lines of retaining the rights to withdraw an offer/benefit or chnage the conditions for A B & C at anytime and without giving notice.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Please keep us updated, I will try calling and messaging on my sides as sell.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB

Up till today I wrote 5 mails to TK customer service containing screen shots, e-mails and the original status match, which they can easily look into if you provide the file number, however, even when emphasising in the mail to actually please answer my stated questions and not give a standard reply, all I received, 5 times, was the same standard reply from TK.

There is also no chance to talk to anyone on the phone through the call center that is authorized to make adjustments. Only by mail.

My assumption is that the whole status match program seems to be a scam on the highest level, as it brings additional revenue to TK from various customers for at least 1 year without handing out any profit to the customer.
As not even customers who actually managed to fly 15,000 miles on TK seem to get the extra year extension.

However, I am not really surprised that this turkish company only seems to have the aim to rip off their customers. And they call themselves the best european airline......I think they couldn't be further from european standards and ethics.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:06 am

Hi, apologies if this has already been answered in the various threads on this status match.

I've applied for a match and am about to book a flight with TK. If I book it before the match comes through, but fly after it does, will it still count?

I read somewhere that the qualifying flight to extend to 12 months must be booked after status is granted, but I wasn't sure if that was rather imprecise language.

Does anyone know for sure?

Interestingly as a data point for anyone trying in the future, I have twice submitted the requested screenshots/evidence via the website file upload as directed and neither time was it received with my request. Not sure what's going on there, but the Twitter team were able to accept my file and attach it to the request.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
This issues has been highlighted on http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/02/16/b...tradicting-tc/. Instead of writing individually, another way is send a letter to the CEO of TK with all the membership numbers of all those who are or will be affected. The letter can enclose a copy of the terms and conditions that was sent at the start of the trial saying the 15000 status miles do not need to be earned on TK flights. Anyone thinks this is a good idea?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Hi, apologies if this has already been answered in the various threads on this status match.

I've applied for a match and am about to book a flight with TK. If I book it before the match comes through, but fly after it does, will it still count?

I read somewhere that the qualifying flight to extend to 12 months must be booked after status is granted, but I wasn't sure if that was rather imprecise language.

Does anyone know for sure?

Interestingly as a data point for anyone trying in the future, I have twice submitted the requested screenshots/evidence via the website file upload as directed and neither time was it received with my request. Not sure what's going on there, but the Twitter team were able to accept my file and attach it to the request.

Shouldn't be a problem.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
Shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks.

I'm now crossing my fingers it comes through before Sunday when I travel. It's been over three weeks now.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
I bought TK ticket, then doing status match. After flight all was ok.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:09 am
zse

I have asked for Status Match a week ago, today received a reply asking for passport copy (forgot to attach it with initial request). So I guess it will take another week or so to process it, right? Should I try to use Facebook/Tweeter to quicken the process?

Also, will flights taken before the match (if it will happen) count towards challenge goal?

One more question. Does anyone know, if I will have less then 15000 miles with Turkish but more then 40000 overall, will it satisfy the criteria and will I get another year as Elite?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by zse
I have asked for Status Match a week ago, today received a reply asking for passport copy (forgot to attach it with initial request). So I guess it will take another week or so to process it, right? Should I try to use Facebook/Tweeter to quicken the process?

Also, will flights taken before the match (if it will happen) count towards challenge goal?

One more question. Does anyone know, if I will have less then 15000 miles with Turkish but more then 40000 overall, will it satisfy the criteria and will I get another year as Elite?
40k in a single year means you qualify for TK Elite.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by zse
My match took three weeks with several nudges via their very responsive Twitter team. It came through 10 minutes after I politely informed them a couple of days ago that I wasn't prepared to book TK for my trip this weekend before receiving a decision either way (Yes/No). Coincidence?? Maybe... or maybe not.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:51 am
zse

Originally Posted by Granite64
40k in a single year means you qualify for TK Elite.
Even with status match challenge going on?
Btw if I have some status miles before the match will the burn in case the match happens.

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
My match took three weeks with several nudges via their very responsive Twitter team. It came through 10 minutes after I politely informed them a couple of days ago that I wasn't prepared to book TK for my trip this weekend before receiving a decision either way (Yes/No). Coincidence?? Maybe... or maybe not.
Interesting... I also got contacted about the passport just couple of hours after I asked on Facebook to check the status of my request. Btw, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you were, waiting for their decision to make mine. I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to bug M&S Facebook only a day after...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by zse
Even with status match challenge going on?
Yes, 40K in on year is enough to qualify for TK Elite.

Someone else in this thread also took part in the status match challenge, he flew 40k (on different *A carriers) and he got his TK Elite card.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Applied for a status match about a week ago. Prodded them via Twitter yesterday as I'm flying TK next week, and today was denied.

I had provided my United 1K/Million Mile details, a list of all of my *A travel last year (over 200K miles flown, across 12 different *A airlines), and had explicitly pointed out that I had flown enough on TK business class to have earnt Elite if I had been crediting to them instead of United.

To which I got the very blunt reply :

Referring to your request, we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.