Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by gizmoo
update: after not hearing back I had given up on this topic. Today, 2 months after my downgrade, I was back on Gold! Expiry jan 2018. No message or email from TK yet. My assumption is they realised the messup and are fixing it. Has anyone else experienced this?
The same by me. But the account shows zero number of status miles even though I had more than 30000 status miles that are OK for extension for 2 years... so I suppose we can expect another happy conversations in one year.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Same here, back to Elite
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by yks82
The same by me. But the account shows zero number of status miles even though I had more than 30000 status miles that are OK for extension for 2 years... so I suppose we can expect another happy conversations in one year.
correct. The story continues. Especially since it is not clear how the extension works after this second year.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:29 am

Also here back to elite!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hello Guys,

I am actually considering a status match to TK. I have the following flight pattern ahead of me (on *A only):

In 3 weeks: Flight with LH in Premium Eco - this would earn me ~ 15k Miles.
In ~ 3 months: Another flight (not TK!) - again earning ~ 15k Miles.
In ~ 6 months: Another flight (not TK!) - earning ~ 12k Miles.

So my considerations are:
Match status now, benefit from *G for the upcoming two trips. Get downgrade after 3months then as I do not fulfil the requirements to keep the status for 1 year (2 flights on TK). The third flight will be w/o ~G status then. But now the tricky part: Will I be eligable to earn *G again due to the regular qualification requirements (40k miles in 12 months) and get bumped up to Elite again?
Does anyone have experience on this specific matter?

Thanks
FlyDUS
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hello Guys,

I am actually considering a status match to TK. I have the following flight pattern ahead of me (on *A only):

In 3 weeks: Flight with LH in Premium Eco - this would earn me ~ 15k Miles.
In ~ 3 months: Another flight (not TK!) - again earning ~ 15k Miles.
In ~ 6 months: Another flight (not TK!) - earning ~ 12k Miles.

So my considerations are:
Match status now, benefit from *G for the upcoming two trips. Get downgrade after 3months then as I do not fulfil the requirements to keep the status for 1 year (2 flights on TK). The third flight will be w/o ~G status then. But now the tricky part: Will I be eligable to earn *G again due to the regular qualification requirements (40k miles in 12 months) and get bumped up to Elite again?
Does anyone have experience on this specific matter?

Thanks
FlyDUS
I believe this should work, as the miles in the previous 12 months count
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:30 pm

update: after not hearing back I had given up on this topic. Today, 2 months after my downgrade, I was back on Gold! Expiry jan 2018. No message or email from TK yet. My assumption is they realised the messup and are fixing it. Has anyone else experienced this?
I got upgraded yesterday also. This is fun. I was on a trip with Turkish yesterday. In Belgrade, at lounge didn't get me in, because Classic plus status, but then, when I come to Istanbul, and wanted to try lounge again, they printed new boarding card with Elite status. I checked online and it's Elite now.
I've sent 5 times emails complaining, couple of times on Twitter... and always got same response 'didn't meet criteria' ... and now they gave me Elite back.
It wasn't in vain all effort.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: LH FTL
I believe this should work, as the miles in the previous 12 months count
That is what I'd be hoping for. But if they cut all status miles after the 4 months challenge it would be a pain in the a**. I could alternatively start posting to a to be opened OZ account and get a little less status miles there (15k TK vs. 13.5k OZ) but have full 24 months to reach the 40k miles. Of course I wouldn't benefit from *G then for the upcoming flights...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
Your recent posts is very good news, because in the first year, I had about 30,000 status miles (7000 TK status miles). I thought that after a year I say goodbye *A Gold.

Now the basic thing. I must have 37.5 thousand miles in two years. Question what rules will apply in the second year.

Because you write that you have a *A Gold, but a zero status miles in TK account.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by tomwro
Your recent posts is very good news, because in the first year, I had about 30,000 status miles (7000 TK status miles). I thought that after a year I say goodbye *A Gold.

Now the basic thing. I must have 37.5 thousand miles in two years. Question what rules will apply in the second year.

Because you write that you have a *A Gold, but a zero status miles in TK account.
that is my question as well. My status miles were reset, and it states that 37500 miles are needed in this year to requalify... my suspicion is that the system setup cannot handle this status match challenge. With no clear message about the requirements, I am wondering what they will come up with... The callcenter will surely not have the answer. I suggest everybody to start writing to TK again to get a critical mass of questions on the same topic going.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
that is my question as well. My status miles were reset, and it states that 37500 miles are needed in this year to requalify... my suspicion is that the system setup cannot handle this status match challenge. With no clear message about the requirements, I am wondering what they will come up with... The callcenter will surely not have the answer. I suggest everybody to start writing to TK again to get a critical mass of questions on the same topic going.
Thanks for the update and great to hear that TK has upgraded you back to Elite. My spouse got her gold through a status match in May 2016 and has met the 15000 status miles requirement on a mixture of TK and non-TK Star alliance flights, so by May this year, I hope that she will re-qualify for another year automatically.

I believe that if your residential address is not in Turkey, you will need 25000 status miles within 2 years to re-qualify for Gold under normal circumstances (ie, without a status match). I am, of course, wondering if this also applies to those who got gold through a status match. Hopefully, someone can answer this question.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Yes Elite status back for me as well correctly to end of December 2017 and my status miles still in place at 30,096 !

I have a return flight from LGW to ATH next month in J and that will see me over 37,500 so let's see what happens then about getting the extension for 2 years...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
Question for people who have back Elite status. What message do you have in the "Card Renewal" in TK account?

I have now: "Your Elite membership is a trial period. Upgrade Card (Must earn 15,000 status miles in first 12 months)." And my trial period ends in June 2017. So, now, I think, the next year I will also have Elite.

I want to know what happens in my TK account after year. What is main message
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:51 pm

Question for people who have back Elite status. What message do you have in the "Card Renewal" in TK account?

I have now: "Your Elite membership is a trial period. Upgrade Card (Must earn 15,000 status miles in first 12 months)." And my trial period ends in June 2017. So, now, I think, the next year I will also have Elite.

it just says 'Card renewal'.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold

I have: "The amount of Status Miles to be collected until the expiry date of your card: 37,500". The expiry date is December 2017

That makes sense as I am now in my second year - I will hit 38,000 in a trip to Athens next month which I hope will extend me two more years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.