Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
After a second resend of details, I got reply below (I am AC Elite 50K now) which upsets me.....

Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by fakeman
After a second resend of details, I got reply below (I am AC Elite 50K now) which upsets me.....

Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
But when I login my account, they says the Elite card expiry date 12/2017.....I'm confused....
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus

Finally! Maybe now they will cut down on the FF cards collectors.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Just to follow up on my successful match: The card and luggage tag arrived in a very nice kit yesterday. It took them about 2 weeks to ship it which I find perfectly fine and acceptable. My booked flights for beginning of 2016 will get me to 25k miles within no time so I can extend my status to 12/2019 which is really nice!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a closing date for the status match with TK?

2) And for people who matched from a previously matched Alitalia, did you have any miles on the account when you matched? I have around 5k miles that I earned before the status match and I am not sure if I'll have a problem.

Cheers!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Yesterday I messaged TK on Facebook about results over my request. I got this reply: "Hi, your request is at our customer unit now. Make sure that we are on alert in case of any update. Thanks." Nothing so far.

This has definetly been the toughest statusmatch ever. I've been contacting with them since August. It's amazing that some of you have been matched over the course of 12 hours.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:38 am

Well today they finally replied. Asking for the account statement... I did include it along with a picture of my plastic card and my passport copy like I have for the past three months. At least I have Avianca Brazil Gold to save me. Any ideas what I can do since this is an unsual way of handling this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Well today they finally replied. Asking for the account statement... I did include it along with a picture of my plastic card and my passport copy like I have for the past three months. At least I have Avianca Brazil Gold to save me. Any ideas what I can do since this is an unsual way of handling this.
Well...there are some reports that TK has stopped giving 2 year match. Instead they give 4 month trial period in which you have to fly with them to extend it for one year. Be prepared...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Hilton Diamond

Same results here. More of a challenge rather than a match. Not too thrilled having spent a few months communicating with them.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by lento
Well...there are some reports that TK has stopped giving 2 year match. Instead they give 4 month trial period in which you have to fly with them to extend it for one year. Be prepared...
At least I have an existing booking with them. If they give me the 4 month challenge, I'm contacting them that I asked BEFORE they converted the match into a challenge and have been waiting since August.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Originally Posted by gregster
Same results here. More of a challenge rather than a match. Not too thrilled having spent a few months communicating with them.
i tried matching with Etihad Gold, After nearly a month of reminders on facebook and twitter and despite showing flights to IST on my etihad statement, i logged into my account only to see my validity till 04/2016

Not too thrilling

Does anybody know if the 15000 miles have to be only on Tk or can they be across on Star alliance

Karan
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Karan
... i logged into my account only to see my validity till 04/2016

Not too thrilling

Does anybody know if the 15000 miles have to be only on Tk or can they be across on Star alliance

Karan
As far as I understand, you need to fly 1 International flight with TK within 4 months for your validity to extend until 12/2016.
To extend it until 12/2017, you need to have 15000 status miles by 12/2016 irrespective of metal flown.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:59 am

As far as I understand, you need to fly 1 International flight with TK within 4 months for your validity to extend until 12/2016.
To extend it until 12/2017, you need to have 15000 status miles by 12/2016 irrespective of metal flown.
Can it be a codeshare flight booked under Turkish code?

Karan
Old Dec 26, 2015, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Karan
Can it be a codeshare flight booked under Turkish code?

Karan
It can be if the operating carrier is *A member.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:26 am

It can be if the operating carrier is *A member.
Thanks,

if booking a discounted ticket which gives 25% miles say BOM-IST in P class, as per the table it gives me 746 miles,

but will i get the full status miles for the trip which is 3729 miles? or will status miles only be 746 miles?

Karan

Last edited by Karan; Dec 28, 2015 at 2:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.