Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Sorry to hear about your experience, Indieglo; unfortunately it seems that all of us here are destined to get the same reply and nothing much we can do about it. My trial period is due in November but no way I'm going to make 15K on TK metal. I'll stick to my plans and hope for the best.

By the way, on my card is says that it is valid through 11/17 - does that mean that I will enjoy the status benefits until the end of November or will it be until the exact date on this month (the 15th, if I remember correctly)?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:36 am
zse

During first 4 month trial, when should I see that my status is extended? I had my flights couple of weeks ago and I see my miles were credited correctly. Still my status expiration date didn't change yet. Thank you!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Gold
I have Miles&Smiles silver and my status will expire in September. I am taking a trip LAX-IST in August but it won't be enough for me to re-qualify.

I just got American Airlines Gold this month. I have given a trial that will be extended to two years of gold status once I hit a certain number of miles by September.

Being in this situation, is there any way I can get Miles & Smiles to match my American Airlines status once it becomes permanent in September?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by zse
During first 4 month trial, when should I see that my status is extended? I had my flights couple of weeks ago and I see my miles were credited correctly. Still my status expiration date didn't change yet. Thank you!
IIRC, you will not know that your status is extended until the day the 4-month trial expires (or even a few days after that). If your status is extended, your Elite status will be updated with the new expiration date.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by georgina80
I have Miles&Smiles silver and my status will expire in September. I am taking a trip LAX-IST in August but it won't be enough for me to re-qualify.

I just got American Airlines Gold this month. I have given a trial that will be extended to two years of gold status once I hit a certain number of miles by September.

Being in this situation, is there any way I can get Miles & Smiles to match my American Airlines status once it becomes permanent in September?
TK only matches Oneworld Emerald so your gold status is not useful here. Also, AA Gold is a first-tier level (comparable to M&S Classic Plus). Even if TK matches it, I don't think it will be useful to you either.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:41 am

I'm in the one year challenge phase and I should fly 15K on TK until Feb 2018.
Now, with 2 flights in October I could reach 40K miles on other airlines, would that overrule the challenge or I still need the 15K on TK?
Did anybody try this out?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by dbru
I'm in the one year challenge phase and I should fly 15K on TK until Feb 2018.
Now, with 2 flights in October I could reach 40K miles on other airlines, would that overrule the challenge or I still need the 15K on TK?
Did anybody try this out?
If you rely on the status renewal meter on the new TK website, you should be fine. However, as always, I would expect a surprise since we are dealing with TK after all.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold - Aeroplan Elite - UA Mileage Plus Gold - AA Airlines Gold
Hi all,
I got my status match on TK M&S ( matching from Skyteam AF Gold ) back in November 2016 and flew my first TK flight to get my extension in January 2017. They have extended the validity of the Elite membership to November 2017.
After reading the previous reports about the 15K miles, I sent a message to M&S to find out and indeed, I got the reply that the 15K miles should be flown on TK metal:

Dear Mr. ..............,

As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulated from only Turkish Airlines flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.

Related transactions with your Miles&Smiles and more information you may call our Call Center 24/7 or You can share your comments, feedback and suggestions via https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en by clicking.

Turkey :+90 212 444 0 THY(849)

From Abroad : +90 850 333 0 849

Germany : 00180 5 849 266

USA : 1800 874 8875

France : 0825 800 902

England : 0 844 800 6666

Thank you for choosing us on your travels.

Sincerely Yours,

Merve G.

Turkish Airlines INC.
Customer Relations Center
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
For those who are unhappy that they did not get their elite membership extended for one more year because they did not earn the 15k miles on TK flights when the welcome email did not specify this, I suggest you write to the CEO to protest. You can find his email address or twitter account by doing a google search. My spouse is similarly affected and I am very unhappy over this because she never received any email saying they had changed the rules.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by rashaja
Hi all,
I got my status match on TK M&S ( matching from Skyteam AF Gold ) back in November 2016 and flew my first TK flight to get my extension in January 2017. They have extended the validity of the Elite membership to November 2017.
After reading the previous reports about the 15K miles, I sent a message to M&S to find out and indeed, I got the reply that the 15K miles should be flown on TK metal:

Dear Mr. ..............,

As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulated from only Turkish Airlines flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.

Related transactions with your Miles&Smiles and more information you may call our Call Center 24/7 or You can share your comments, feedback and suggestions via https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en by clicking.

Turkey :+90 212 444 0 THY(849)

From Abroad : +90 850 333 0 849

Germany : 00180 5 849 266

USA : 1800 874 8875

France : 0825 800 902

England : 0 844 800 6666

Thank you for choosing us on your travels.

Sincerely Yours,

Merve G.

Turkish Airlines INC.
Customer Relations Center
Does the welcome email you received when they approved your elite trial have the 15k miles on TK condition? Many in this thread are unhappy because theirs do not and yet their elite membership was not extended for another year.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:56 am
zse

Originally Posted by godsquare
IIRC, you will not know that your status is extended until the day the 4-month trial expires (or even a few days after that). If your status is extended, your Elite status will be updated with the new expiration date.
Thanks! I can confirm that. I saw the extension only after 3 days of previous expiration.

Another question. Now I'll have to fly 15K miles (btw, for those who are interested, my status match email said that only TK flights will count towards this) to get 2nd year extension. But how it will work after? Will all status miles burn on the day of extension and will start 0? If yes, does that mean that I will need then to get 25K miles in my second year to re-qualify?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by zse
Thanks! I can confirm that. I saw the extension only after 3 days of previous expiration.

Another question. Now I'll have to fly 15K miles (btw, for those who are interested, my status match email said that only TK flights will count towards this) to get 2nd year extension. But how it will work after? Will all status miles burn on the day of extension and will start 0? If yes, does that mean that I will need then to get 25K miles in my second year to re-qualify?

You will need 37500 miles in two years to extend it with two years.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: *A (SQ G, TK E)
Originally Posted by freetgy
I got denied the requalification (2nd 1 year extension) with the statement that i didn't collect 15k on TK flights. Nice joke, since i got a confirmation in an earlier feedback that i completed the 15k by reaching (by flights with TK & LH).

im 1,6k to 40k so it doesn't really effect me.
As I have stated before, I got the notice that my 15k status miles (not on TK metal, mind you) were enough to extend my 2d year. Then (this being TK and all), when I asked for a card with an expiration date that reflects this, I got the "the 15k has to be on TK metal" line. Well, that ain't gonna happen.

However, I do have a lot of status miles in the pipeline before my 1st year expires. Here's my question, if anyone can help:

Do I need 37.5k or 40k to qualify (or requalify, whichever it is) in my 1st year on Elite status? I have seen both numbers and I'm not sure which one applies to me. As of now, the trips I have planned, plus what I already have accumulated, will give me 38k+. I need to know whether or not I need to take a short (2k) trip. (I have one planned already, but I was thinking I would go economy; I could go business instead and get the 2k miles, but I'd rather not spend it if I don't have to for a 3 hour flight).
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold - Aeroplan Elite - UA Mileage Plus Gold - AA Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by bensim
Does the welcome email you received when they approved your elite trial have the 15k miles on TK condition? Many in this thread are unhappy because theirs do not and yet their elite membership was not extended for another year.
It did not mention the condition.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by rashaja
It did not mention the condition.
Then it gives us more reason to write to the CEO to complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.