Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
Can anyone write how it looks *A Gold for the second year if you get 15k status miles.
It is about people who didn't have the condition of 15k status miles Turkish Airlines.

You know: "if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years".

As you wrote, many people who fell to *A Silver returned gold.

I wonder what the situation is now.

I have some flights to get Frequent Traveler (Miles & More). Unfortunately, my flights are at a time when there is a change for the better (TK Gold for the second year) or worse (TK Silver)
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tomwro
Can anyone write how it looks *A Gold for the second year if you get 15k status miles.
It is about people who didn't have the condition of 15k status miles Turkish Airlines.

You know: "if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years".

As you wrote, many people who fell to *A Silver returned gold.

I wonder what the situation is now.

I have some flights to get Frequent Traveler (Miles & More). Unfortunately, my flights are at a time when there is a change for the better (TK Gold for the second year) or worse (TK Silver)
If you get the 15k miles within the first year, you will need 22500 miles in the second year. So 37500 miles in two years time.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:03 am

I will have 27k status miles in the first year (including 7k TK status miles).

I need 15k status miles in the first year (as shown by the message to status match).

But as you know, the rules are not quite clear. For some it is 15k status miles, for other 15k TK status miles. For me - 15k status miles...

I know what to do in the second year, and I know that it needs 37,5k status miles.

My question is to people who are now passing the first year after the status match. Are there any problems now if you didn't have 15k TK status miles, and have 15k *A status miles?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tomwro
I will have 27k status miles in the first year (including 7k TK status miles).

I need 15k status miles in the first year (as shown by the message to status match).

But as you know, the rules are not quite clear. For some it is 15k status miles, for other 15k TK status miles. For me - 15k status miles...

I know what to do in the second year, and I know that it needs 37,5k status miles.

My question is to people who are now passing the first year after the status match. Are there any problems now if you didn't have 15k TK status miles, and have 15k *A status miles?

For everyone, the rules they appear to be enforcing are 15k TK miles.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:59 am

@PVDtoDEL, if you read some posts from February-March, people who got downgraded to Silver and had condition 15k status miles, after 2 months had Gold back. Some people have heard of this when they got a TK*G ticket and have lounge access.

So the condition of 15k TK status miles is probably not for everyone. And that's why my question.

Of course, I can wait until June (end of first year) and find out what it looks like. But as I wrote above - I have 17 LO flights. Unfortunately 9 in May and June.

For me, it's better to have Miles & More silver than TK silver.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Has anyone recently managed to get their gold membership from a status match extended for another year despite not meeting the 15000 TK status miles requirement?

My spouse got a status match to gold in May 2016 and her welcome email says if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more. It was silent on whether the 15000 status miles must be earned on Turkish Airlines flights.

I have emailed TK twice to find out what will happen and they keep insisting that the 15000 status miles must be earned on TK flights. Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: TG, TK
Originally Posted by bensim
Has anyone recently managed to get their gold membership from a status match extended for another year despite not meeting the 15000 TK status miles requirement?

My spouse got a status match to gold in May 2016 and her welcome email says if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more. It was silent on whether the 15000 status miles must be earned on Turkish Airlines flights.

I have emailed TK twice to find out what will happen and they keep insisting that the 15000 status miles must be earned on TK flights. Thanks.

Hi. It's my first post. I want to share my experience with this confusing status match.
- My first year ended in early March 2017 (I had 2k (TK) + 14k (*A) , I was downgraded briefly and changed back to Elite at around Mid-March (The same time as everybody else), so it was not 2month wait. It seems that TK updated their system at that time.
- All status miles in 1st year has been reset to 0. Now I am in 2nd year of Elite. The system says I still need 37,500, so it seems that I have to collect all 37500 miles in the remaining 1 year.

Now you need to know if anyone keeps their Elite when their first year ended after March 2017. I speculate that after that TK started to use new 15k on TK rule.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by kristh3
Hi. It's my first post. I want to share my experience with this confusing status match.
- My first year ended in early March 2017 (I had 2k (TK) + 14k (*A) , I was downgraded briefly and changed back to Elite at around Mid-March (The same time as everybody else), so it was not 2month wait. It seems that TK updated their system at that time.
- All status miles in 1st year has been reset to 0. Now I am in 2nd year of Elite. The system says I still need 37,500, so it seems that I have to collect all 37500 miles in the remaining 1 year.

Now you need to know if anyone keeps their Elite when their first year ended after March 2017. I speculate that after that TK started to use new 15k on TK rule.
Thanks for the info. This is what I am trying to find out so I hope data points can be provided. It has been a frustrating time dealing with TK feedback team over this as the welcome email on the trial membership does not say the 15k must be earned on TK flights. Yet they keep insisting otherwise.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:35 am

I got the challenge and I did fly already my flight last week but end dates seems to be still be the orinal date (after 4 months). Also I'm flying tomorrow with SAS and on their online check in my TK status seems basic. So during challenge the elite doesn't work on other airlines? I don't even have the card yet to prove my status at SAS check in desk tomorrow

Edit. Tried to all Elite hotline (no pickup lol) and normal call center and they were clueless.

Last edited by darios; May 3, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old May 3, 2017, 11:42 am

Yes, the trial status is also working on other airlines it just takes a while until systems are updated. I recommend you take the upgrade mail or a print from your online account and show to SK check in agent. They can manually add the Gold Status so it shows correctly on your boarding pass.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Donegal
Yes, the trial status is also working on other airlines it just takes a while until systems are updated. I recommend you take the upgrade mail or a print from your online account and show to SK check in agent. They can manually add the Gold Status so it shows correctly on your boarding pass.
Didn't work. They said they cannot add it manually and they cannot do anything to help me. I had to pay my extra luggage and couldn't access lounge :/ They said that Turkish saves names in a way that many other airlines cannot recognize and thus they cannot see my status. In my case I believe turkish has saved my name in all capitals, and SK cannot understand that even though spelling of name is same I think I'll stick with Oneworld. At least their systems are not from 20th century.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: *A (SQ G, TK E)
Status match extended to two years

UPDATE:
I received my status match on 9 Jan 17 - typical 4 month trial. I flew an international flight on TK metal to get extended for 1 year. The original offer said that I only needed 15k status miles (without saying they had to be on TK metal), so I accumulated more than that on *A partners. Then, I asked if my status would be extended, and received the message that the status miles must be on TK metal. So, I wrote them again - and copied and pasted both (conflicting) messages. Today, I received word that they had accepted my *A status miles and my status is extended to 7 Jan 2019! What's more, it also said that if I achieve the 37,500 threshhold before my status expires, it will be extended again! So, despite all the confusion, it worked out really well for me (I already have enough *A flights scheduled for this year alone to get to 37,500). Hope everyone else gets similar treatment eventually... Here is the actual message I received:

"Due to your request, your account has been checked and it has been seen that you have collected 19032 miles. Please be informed that, your status match expiration date has been extended to 7th of January 2019. We kindly would like you to check your account after the 9th of May 2017 date.

"If you collect 18468 miles until to 7th of January 2019, your status match expiration date will be extended."
Old May 6, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
I have just been renewed after the 1st year.. flew about 19000 miles on TK, plus a return trip on Swiss.
Anyway, I logged in today to find all of the status miles from Year 1 zeroed out, and it the message says I need to do the full 37,500 this year to keep status. Anyone else had this? It's a bit annoying.. why make us start again?

The message is below..

"In order to re-qualify for Elite membership , you need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 club miles within 2 years of your Elite membership. You may find in the below chart the necessary amount of Status Miles needed to renew your membership which is calculated by taking your existing Status mileage and the above mentioned mileage criterias into consideration".
Old May 7, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi,
Not sure if it is any help but got my status match to BA gold 10 days ago. Took over 3 weeks after sending my details twice and numerous Facebook messages ( don't have a Twitter account). Lots of hassle but hopefully worth it since have a few star alliance including Turkush airlines flights coming up.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by mrcurtis08
UPDATE:
I received my status match on 9 Jan 17 - typical 4 month trial. I flew an international flight on TK metal to get extended for 1 year. The original offer said that I only needed 15k status miles (without saying they had to be on TK metal), so I accumulated more than that on *A partners. Then, I asked if my status would be extended, and received the message that the status miles must be on TK metal. So, I wrote them again - and copied and pasted both (conflicting) messages. Today, I received word that they had accepted my *A status miles and my status is extended to 7 Jan 2019! What's more, it also said that if I achieve the 37,500 threshhold before my status expires, it will be extended again! So, despite all the confusion, it worked out really well for me (I already have enough *A flights scheduled for this year alone to get to 37,500). Hope everyone else gets similar treatment eventually... Here is the actual message I received:

"Due to your request, your account has been checked and it has been seen that you have collected 19032 miles. Please be informed that, your status match expiration date has been extended to 7th of January 2019. We kindly would like you to check your account after the 9th of May 2017 date.

"If you collect 18468 miles until to 7th of January 2019, your status match expiration date will be extended."

Congratulations on this - couple of quick questions though:

1) You say you wrote to them and asked things multiple times - was this via Twitter or a specific e-mail address? I've found e-mails to be ineffective.

2) Just to be clear - in your first year of trial you achieved 19k Status Miles on *A, and they extended you until Jan 2019? Surely this is a typo? I thought they extended for one year only and not two...if so it truly sounds like you lucked out (and we can only hope there's some of that for the rest of us!)

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.