FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   TK status match (2017 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1812948-tk-status-match-2017-onwards.html)

starflyergold Jan 4, 17 11:11 pm

TK status match (2017 onwards)
 
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...62-fttkfaq.jpg

FAQ 7: TK status match (2017)

TK does operate a discretionary status match programme. The rules are not published and and there is no right to a status match.

The status match is a recent development and consistency does not always seem to be the case. If you are gold/platinum/emerald or have any other shiny elite card it is worth trying.

Unusually for a *A carrier TK seem to be matching some Star Alliance Golds and not just Oneworld or Sky Team elites. Nowadays TK issue a challenge for those seeking to status match.

They are not matching to mid level i.e. classic plus (Star Alliance Silver) or non alliance carriers (such as Emirates, Etihad etc.).

How to match:

Sign up to Miles & Smiles (unless you already have an account)

Send an webmail requesting a match and include a PDF of your latest account statement and a picture of your card.

Note that the process can take anything from one to more than four weeks (or much longer).

In some cases patience will be rewarded but you may need to remind them if you have not heard in 4 weeks. Call centre staff know nothing about the status match so no point in calling.

Card dispatch:

There are conflicting experiences about the dispatch of the card pack. Some FTs have been told that the card will only be sent out once your credit some miles (any miles) to your Miles & Smiles account. Others received it without.

If you have been matched but not yet received the card and happen to pass through IST you can pick up the card at the M&S helpdesk in IST.

Please post successful/unsuccessful status matches below. Last year's thread might give you an idea how the status match works as well: FAQ 7: TK status match (2016)

jimaleg Jan 6, 17 1:59 pm


Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 27707190)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...62-fttkfaq.jpg

FAQ 7: TK status match (2017)

Card dispatch:

There are conflicting experiences about the dispatch of the card pack. Some FTs have been told that the card will only be sent out once your credit some miles (any miles) to your Miles & Smiles account. Others received it without.

If you have been matched but not yet received the card and happen to pass through IST you can pick up the card at the M&S helpdesk in IST.

Please post successful/unsuccessful status matches below. Last year's thread might give you an idea how the status match works as well: FAQ 7: TK status match (2016)

I got the batman superman card even though I'm in the trial membership phase....

Steve_19 Jan 8, 17 5:55 am

Hi All,

Was able to obtain the status match period of four months and then flew on one international TK flight, now over a month ago, to meet the requirements for the one year status match.

However after numerous (6-7) calls to TK seems they always keep telling me to wait "2-3 days" till the system updates my info - they do not dispute I have met the match, but keep saying to wait.

Anyone else have this issue and gotten to a resolution?

Mict Jan 8, 17 7:22 am


Originally Posted by Steve_19 (Post 27724485)
Hi All,

Was able to obtain the status match period of four months and then flew on one international TK flight, now over a month ago, to meet the requirements for the one year status match.

However after numerous (6-7) calls to TK seems they always keep telling me to wait "2-3 days" till the system updates my info - they do not dispute I have met the match, but keep saying to wait.

Anyone else have this issue and gotten to a resolution?

Are you at the end of the 4 months? It only updates the validity at the end of the 4 months.

Steve_19 Jan 8, 17 8:40 am


Originally Posted by Mict (Post 27724733)
Are you at the end of the 4 months? It only updates the validity at the end of the 4 months.

No not there yet, four month period ends at end of February. Thanks for the info - from my talks with TK they made it sound like the new extended date should show up on TK.com and I should get a new card in the mail regardless of when the four month period ends.

alsaire Jan 8, 17 2:25 pm

If I book a codeshare flight (in my case TAP Portugal) that flies on Turkish metal, does that count for the international flight requirement?

DavidKN Jan 8, 17 8:09 pm


Originally Posted by Steve_19 (Post 27725026)
No not there yet, four month period ends at end of February. Thanks for the info - from my talks with TK they made it sound like the new extended date should show up on TK.com and I should get a new card in the mail regardless of when the four month period ends.

My four months trial period ended on 7 Jan 2017, in which I made 4 segments of international TK flights in J class in Dec 2016 (ICN-IST-TXL) However, the expiry date did not update by now.

Filed a feedback on TK website, and followed up by calling customer services and twitter TK help desk. They just asked me to wait and said they would help me. But no updates by now. Don't know what to do next. Any advice?

PVDtoDEL Jan 8, 17 11:14 pm


Originally Posted by DavidKN (Post 27728367)
Filed a feedback on TK website, and followed up by calling customer services and twitter TK help desk. They just asked me to wait and said they would help me. But no updates by now. Don't know what to do next. Any advice?

IST is in the midst of a massive snowstorm right now.. I wouldn't bother following up until weather and TK operations have returned to normal.

Steve_19 Jan 9, 17 1:41 am


Originally Posted by DavidKN (Post 27728367)
My four months trial period ended on 7 Jan 2017, in which I made 4 segments of international TK flights in J class in Dec 2016 (ICN-IST-TXL) However, the expiry date did not update by now.

Filed a feedback on TK website, and followed up by calling customer services and twitter TK help desk. They just asked me to wait and said they would help me. But no updates by now. Don't know what to do next. Any advice?

Unfortunately no advice from my end as in similar situation, whenever I call the agents confirm the match has been meet and that all is fine, system just needs "time" to update. When I point out has been close to 40 days they just keep repeating it takes "more time" - my strategy is to keep calling back every few days. I have not tried Twitter yet but maybe will do this as well.

alsaire Jan 9, 17 10:07 am


Originally Posted by alsaire (Post 27726824)
If I book a codeshare flight (in my case TAP Portugal) that flies on Turkish metal, does that count for the international flight requirement?

Sorry to bump but does anybody have an answer to this?

In addition, when you apply for a status match, is it possible to select a specific date to start the match? Or does it automatically start whenever they approve you?

The reason I'm asking is because the wiki says it can take up to a month for the status match to be approved - and I'm worried it wouldn't until after I already fly my international TK flight.

DavidKN Jan 10, 17 8:08 am


Originally Posted by alsaire (Post 27731246)
Sorry to bump but does anybody have an answer to this?

In addition, when you apply for a status match, is it possible to select a specific date to start the match? Or does it automatically start whenever they approve you?

The reason I'm asking is because the wiki says it can take up to a month for the status match to be approved - and I'm worried it wouldn't until after I already fly my international TK flight.

Not sure about the codeshare thing, you may have to use feedback form to ask TK.

Certainly planning is required before taking challenge. Once begins, the four month time frame can't be changed. Maybe you would like to book only after a challenge is given. Given the chaos in IST these two weeks, you may expect a longer wait time for reply.

DavidKN Jan 10, 17 8:10 am

Just want to update. My elite period was extended today to Sep. Finally someone is doing the right thing. :cool:

alsaire Jan 10, 17 9:39 am


Originally Posted by DavidKN (Post 27736940)
Not sure about the codeshare thing, you may have to use feedback form to ask TK.

Certainly planning is required before taking challenge. Once begins, the four month time frame can't be changed. Maybe you would like to book only after a challenge is given. Given the chaos in IST these two weeks, you may expect a longer wait time for reply.

Thanks for the response David. In your experience, what's been the best method of contacting reps that understand (at least to some extent) about the status match program? I know the wiki says to use the feedback form, but the call center yesterday had someone who knew the basics at least. Would the local USA offices perhaps know more? (e.g. NYC/LA) I have to imagine these dedicated agents have to know something right?

thelister Jan 11, 17 5:02 am

Would a screenshot of my virtual card be alright? I have been travelling for work quite a bit, and lost my card......

mlqsko Jan 11, 17 7:09 am


Originally Posted by thelister (Post 27742399)
Would a screenshot of my virtual card be alright? I have been travelling for work quite a bit, and lost my card......

No.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:22 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.