Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CoweyB

This is exactly the issue. I went back to them to point out that I had over 25K in the first year so why hadn’t I requalified as Elite?

As you can see from the message from them which I posted, the first year doesn’t count for requalifying purposes so you have to get all the 37,500 points in year 2.

The initial status match challenge emails just don’t make that clear at all but there we are...
OK. Now I think I see it. Your Year 1 was actually calendar year 2016 because of how you timed your match. Thanks for clarifying.

This is ultimately ridiculous. Starting from nothing, you'd need 40K in any 12-month period. With a status match, you need 37.5K within a very specific 12-month period. (and 52.5K over 2 years with the first 15K on TK).

Apart from a tiny bump on some J fares, Elite doesn't get you more miles. It does get you lounge access but I pity those trying to do 37.5K miles in Y, especially when so many TK fare buckets earn 25/50%.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So yea I got the same reply from customer service, they want 37.5k miles in the second year in case of status match and not over the 2 years of the match.

Time to switch to UA.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:23 am
zse

That definitely sounds completely unfair to me.
But there were reports here that if you can do 40K during the first status match year you'll get normal (and not matched) elite status. And the counter for status confirmation on the new TK site rather confirms this version. But can anyone confirm that this actually happens? Also does that mean that once this threshold is reached, the clock will restart with 2 years of elite from that moment?

I'm asking since I'm in the first year now and I'm already at 35K (including 15K on Turkish metal) and I still have time till March. So it won't be any problem to get that extra 5K. But if this won't help I think I better start crediting to smth like A3 from now on...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Hi.

I tried to status match my ANA Platinum (*A Gold) and they sent me an e-mail rejecting my petition. Anyone matched from ANA before?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Hi.

I tried to status match my ANA Platinum (*A Gold) and they sent me an e-mail rejecting my petition. Anyone matched from ANA before?
They stopped matching from *A carriers
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by zse
That definitely sounds completely unfair to me.
But there were reports here that if you can do 40K during the first status match year you'll get normal (and not matched) elite status. And the counter for status confirmation on the new TK site rather confirms this version. But can anyone confirm that this actually happens? Also does that mean that once this threshold is reached, the clock will restart with 2 years of elite from that moment?

I'm asking since I'm in the first year now and I'm already at 35K (including 15K on Turkish metal) and I still have time till March. So it won't be any problem to get that extra 5K. But if this won't help I think I better start crediting to smth like A3 from now on...
FYR:My friend recently finished the TK 4-month Elite Challenge. Actually she made even more than 45K with several TK business class flights within this 4 months timeframe...turns out that her status was extended to 1 year, starting from the beggining day of her challenge until +1 year...which is in essence +8 months only, not 2 years, though from our perspective the 4-month requirement and first year requirement have been met simultaneously in this case. Thus one should avoid expecting too much from M&S system.

Upon inquiry, the CS insists on the statement that even though she might have flown enough...regarding standard qualification criteria...she is still on the track of challenge: fly XXX and extend the status to another year, if conditions met the system will make it happen on the end of first year, bla bla. This does not sound like a good game to go for because of uncertainty. Anyway we are heading towards Elite Plus (just because we can) and see what might happen or if some system rules can eventually overrides the challenge settings, if member reaches even higher status.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by Mict
They stopped matching from *A carriers
WOW that sucks! Well They are losing someone who would fly 5 or 6 times with them a year!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK *G, Virgin Flying Club, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I have requested a status match from OneWorld Emerald. However I am curious about the 50% extra status miles for your first business class flight during the trial period. Is this 50% extra status miles for the whole first business class ticket (i.e. all legs of LHR-IST-DOH-IST-LHR) or just the first leg LHR-IST in my case?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TonyVD
I have requested a status match from OneWorld Emerald. However I am curious about the 50% extra status miles for your first business class flight during the trial period. Is this 50% extra status miles for the whole first business class ticket (i.e. all legs of LHR-IST-DOH-IST-LHR) or just the first leg LHR-IST in my case?
What has given you the impression that you get a 50% bonus on your first Business Class flight?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
What has given you the impression that you get a 50% bonus on your first Business Class flight?
http://statusmatcher.com/report/57102 (who says he is an AF Flying Blue Platinum) is also reporting a 50% bonus on the first business class flight within the challenge period.

TonyVD - welcome to the TK Board, do let us know if you did get 50% on your complete trip or just the first leg.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://statusmatcher.com/report/57102 (who says he is an AF Flying Blue Platinum) is also reporting a 50% bonus on the first business class flight within the challenge period.

TonyVD - welcome to the TK Board, do let us know if you did get 50% on your complete trip or just the first leg.
Interesting. Fly something ridiculously long like EZE-IST and you'll come close to 15K on that one flight...
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
because TK said so in the confirmation mail of Elite Trial
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TonyVD
Hi TonyVD
The 50% off business class ticket is for a fully flexible most expensive ticket. This has to be booked on the phone. I was also excited about this and rang the TK line (which is very poor by the way) and even with the 50% off, the price was still a lot higher than the non flexible cheapest business class fare. So it is a bit of a false info unless you normally pay for fully flexible fares. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi TonyVD
The 50% off business class ticket is for a fully flexible most expensive ticket. This has to be booked on the phone. I was also excited about this and rang the TK line (which is very poor by the way) and even with the 50% off, the price was still a lot higher than the non flexible cheapest business class fare. So it is a bit of a false info unless you normally pay for fully flexible fares. Hope that helps.
I think this might be different to what TonyVD is saying. His post refers to 50% of status miles.

Perhaps he, or someone who has got a similar challenge could post the text of the email?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:11 am

I think this might be different to what TonyVD is saying. His post refers to 50% of status miles.

Perhaps he, or someone who has got a similar challenge could post the text of the email?
Welcome to Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Program. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulated from Turkish Airlines flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years. There is an oppotunity to earn extra %50 status miles from your first business class flight in the trial period.

Elite card membership grants you access to CIP lounges on all domestic and international flights as well as a 50 percent discount for companion tickets on Business Class trips. You will also earn more Status Miles on Business class flights. You can now enjoy a 20 kg extra luggage allowance as well as check-in at the Business Class counter for domestic and international flights. Your Elite card enjoys the same status as the Gold Card used on other Star Alliance member flights. As such, it provides a myriad of advantages both on international Turkish Airlines flights and Star Alliance member flights. As you fly to any global destination, you will receive priority on reservation and airline waiting lists, on luggage delivery, check-in and boarding; you will also be able to use the CIP lounge.

You may use the link given below for more information;
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...its/elite-card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.