Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
Originally Posted by alsaire
Thanks for the response David. In your experience, what's been the best method of contacting reps that understand (at least to some extent) about the status match program? I know the wiki says to use the feedback form, but the call center yesterday had someone who knew the basics at least. Would the local USA offices perhaps know more? (e.g. NYC/LA) I have to imagine these dedicated agents have to know something right?
You may try the USA office, but the Miles & Smiles Call Center in Istanbul told me about that they are the only department to handle issues related to membership.

TK office in Hong Kong (where I station) simply handle tickets and reservations. The best they can do is to hurry the reply for your online feedback form when provide them with the case number.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
Originally Posted by thelister
Would a screenshot of my virtual card be alright? I have been travelling for work quite a bit, and lost my card......
The TK app now provide you with a e-card when logged in. But at the end of the day you may still need a replacement from TK.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by DavidKN
The TK app now provide you with a e-card when logged in. But at the end of the day you may still need a replacement from TK.

​​David, I think you may have misunderstood me. I meant if I could status match with a screenshot of my AA status (executive platinum)? It doesn't seem very logical if I couldn't... What do you think?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:16 am

15.000 status miles should be earned by flying on Turkish Airlines

Originally Posted by Aviatore: I have the same problem, have been downgraded to Classic Plus, despite having fulfilled all requirements. I wrote TK several (similar) messages and I have still not received an answer.
I'm curious if you will get an answer.
I got my answer...unbelievable:
Please be informed that your 15.000 status miles should be earned by flying on Turkish Airlines . According to Miles &Smiles program rules, Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years. Therefore, we are sorry for that we are unable to meet your demand positively.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:51 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
To update my earlier post - I received an email from TK saying they noted the one international flight and would extend my status for a year. However will not be shown online until the 4 month trial period ends (for me) in early March. Will see then I guess if they actually update it - somehow I have a feeling I will need to call again
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Steve_19
To update my earlier post - I received an email from TK saying they noted the one international flight and would extend my status for a year. However will not be shown online until the 4 month trial period ends (for me) in early March. Will see then I guess if they actually update it - somehow I have a feeling I will need to call again
when I status matched one year ago, I had to contact them at the end of my trial because my account didn't automatically renew to elite. It was fixed in one quick email though, no real burden.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by thelister
​​David, I think you may have misunderstood me. I meant if I could status match with a screenshot of my AA status (executive platinum)? It doesn't seem very logical if I couldn't... What do you think?
Usually they will require a photo of your plastic card with your statement, but you may try.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by aviatore
I got my answer...unbelievable:
That is awful. They never mentioned 15,000 status miles has to be earned on TK flights! Status miles from other *A airlines shall count. Well worth a follow up.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DavidKN
That is awful. They never mentioned 15,000 status miles has to be earned on TK flights! Status miles from other *A airlines shall count. Well worth a follow up.
Well they downgraded me even after getting 30k on TK flights... So I don't think that is actually correct. Luckily for me I was mid itinerary to the states and got my 40k just 4 days after the downgrade, so in theory I got an extra year due to their mix up.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by deleter
Well they downgraded me even after getting 30k on TK flights... So I don't think that is actually correct. Luckily for me I was mid itinerary to the states and got my 40k just 4 days after the downgrade, so in theory I got an extra year due to their mix up.
So within 1 year (including those 4 months) you got 15k miles on TK and they still downgraded you?!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Granite64
So within 1 year (including those 4 months) you got 15k miles on TK and they still downgraded you?!
Yes

I earned 31,168 miles on TK operated and marketed flights from February 2016 to October 2016, and I was status matched on January 4 2016.
I was downgraded January 8 2017 and at that moment 38,428 miles (the other 7,260 miles were earned with other partners).
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
I understand that if I have now 19,000 status miles, but only 7,000 of TK, the rest from other *A airlines, this is my trial period at 12 months will not be extended?

"Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of the start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period these international Turkish Airlines flight should be Realized for extending your card validity date is 1 year, if 15,000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend one more year and the total validity date will be 2 years. "

There is no word to make 15.000 status miles on TK flights.

I am a little surprised, because until June I have *A flights for about 10,000 status miles, but not with Turkish.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AY Gold, LO Ftl, SU, AF
Ridiculous.. So to say.

I often travel to Asia. My company got an office in Guangzhou. I used to fly to Asia with AY or SU because of convinient layovers.
I fly longhaul almost every week. In a past six months I was 21 times in North America and 6 times in Far East. My schedule is flexible and I always buy the tickets couple days before flight so the fares aren't low. What would you say, Am I a good airline customer spending 5-6k usd monthly? Really?
Unfortunetely AY (where I am Finnair Plus Gold) changed their timetable from my city and I searched for a better connection to Asia. I spoke to TK representative during my last layover in TLS and she told me that I should try TK, because of their service is outstanding and they have state of the art lounge in IST. She said they match my gold status easily :-) after I book my full fare flight with TK. So i send the scans of a card, passport, mileage status screenshots using TK feedback form. Contacted them three times via Twitter asking for an answer :-)
In a meanwhile I boooked full fare flight to CAN with TK and waited three weeks for any answer. They told me by the Twitter that I should be patient. OK...
Eventually I have to fly via IST with 7 hous layover without lounge access because my Lufthansa FTL card is not sufficient there.
I was very angy and I told TK Miles and Smiles stuff in IST to remove my account and all my data but instead the guy at the booth said "OK, OK" and gave me MIles and Smiles classic card. He did not understand that I have them and whole their programme deep in my .... :-))
TK sucks.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
Hey guys,

so has anyone who got a status match from TK in the past year and achieved the 15k miles actually gotten that extra year that was promised?? All I seem to find is error reports from TK not honoring the agreement.
Any news would be greatly appreciated as I currently sit on 30k and am really contemplating to make a mile run to get those 37,5K needed in the two years to secure Gold. Thanks guys
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:08 am

I also got downgraded to Classic plus.
Although I reached the 15K status miles necessary to extend one year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.