FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/760859-archived-nexus-information-thread.html)

YQMer Apr 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by patrick_usacanada (Post 13848099)
I have an interview in two weeks in Toronto.

How long did it take you to get the interview from the date you applied?

u2hibby Apr 26, 2010 5:52 pm

I got my card 5 business days after my interview. I went to Pearson and live in Toronto. My appointment was 6 weeks after I applied, but I just checked the website every 2nd day and got an appointment 4 days after the pre approval.

Originally Posted by YQMer (Post 13848110)

patrick_usacanada Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by YQMer (Post 13848110)

I applied on April 10. So about 2 weeks to get an interview.

Just hope if i am approved for the card, it does not take long than 3 weeks. I flying in and out of U.S.A Canada for work a few times in mid June.
^

patrick_usacanada Apr 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Thank You u2hibby

That is very good news, also I will now be checking the website for cancellations just in case i can move my date up.

I notice if people don't mind the drive to Fort Erie, there are dates available in two days.''

Just checked again, and was able to move up my interview to this Thursday.

Thank you u2hibby

patrick_usacanada Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Hey I'm a little worried, I live with my dad and i don't have any utility bills in my name, nor do i rent or have a mortgage.

Hope this wont be a problem, I do have my bills and all my tax forms with my address.

Thank you ..

u2hibby Apr 27, 2010 6:37 am

Bring any correspondence you have with your current address from the government and you should be ok. They didn't even ask for mine, but I have lived at the same address for 20+ years.

Originally Posted by patrick_usacanada (Post 13849359)
Hey I'm a little worried, I live with my dad and i don't have any utility bills in my name, nor do i rent or have a mortgage.

Hope this wont be a problem, I do have my bills and all my tax forms with my address.

Thank you ..

patrick_usacanada Apr 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Thank you for all you help.

Just one more question;). Do you know or anyone if there are nexus kiosk's in Toronto Terminal 3.

And thanks again

emcampbe Apr 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by patrick_usacanada (Post 13854739)
Thank you for all you help.

Just one more question;). Do you know or anyone if there are nexus kiosk's in Toronto Terminal 3.

And thanks again

There are definitely Nexus Kiosk's in YYZ T3. I almost never fly through there, but was rebooked on DL during the Christmas fiasco....it must have saved me over an hour in line at that time.

patrick_usacanada Apr 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 13854984)
There are definitely Nexus Kiosk's in YYZ T3. I almost never fly through there, but was rebooked on DL during the Christmas fiasco....it must have saved me over an hour in line at that time.

Thank You......^

mattm00se Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by patrick_usacanada (Post 13855353)
Thank You......^

Make a hard left into the crew/special services lane (there may or may not be a nexus sign, depends on the day) as soon as you enter the customs hall.

You might have to pass by some air crew to get to the machines (against the wall on the left once you get to the front of the SS line)..you'll probably get some nasty looks as you navigate in front of them.

errr..the above applies to US pre-clearance.

Instructions are the opposite for canadian side, proceed all the way to the right hand side of the arrivals area, there's a lane that's 90 degrees to the regular line up, seperated with metal railings, should say canpass or nexus overhead. Machines are against the very far right wall of the customs hall (right where they collect your exit cards)...however, if the machines are broken...the special services line is all the way on the *left* side of the hall..annoying.

patrick_usacanada Apr 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Thank you. mattm00se

Very helpful.:-:

cbob Apr 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Update.
Great service! Interview Apr 21. New Card in the mail today.

Something I was not aware of: although I'm renewing now (in April) for "5 years", the card states that it will expire on my birthday in October 2015. This seems to be intended to harmonize with our present BC driver licenses which always expire on our birthday. Now if we could only talk the passport folks into something this sensible...

CB

Originally Posted by cbob (Post 13833204)
I had my YVR interviews on Wednesday and had to wait 30 min. past the scheduled time. After that, everything went very quickly for me (a renewal) compared with others waiting "on the Group W bench". Turns out the folks in line ahead of me were all first-timers and I kept getting called ahead of them.

Perhaps it has something to do with sharing an office with the Canadian officers but the US interviewer was remarkably quick, polite and soft-spoken. What a difference from my first NEXUS interview back when you had to go to the little US Immigration office behind the UA counters and suffer a lot of "mouth" from everyone from the security guard to the interviewers.

By the time I got home, I had a e-mail confirmation from GOES that all was acceptable and my new card would be in the mail.
Painless, except for the wait.

CB

patrick_usacanada Apr 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Had my interview today, now I just have to wait 2 weeks until my card arrives.

My first interview was in 1 month but kept checking the website 3 days ago and was able to switch to today.

Thank you all.^

emcampbe Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by cbob (Post 13862678)
Update.
Great service! Interview Apr 21. New Card in the mail today.

Something I was not aware of: although I'm renewing now (in April) for "5 years", the card states that it will expire on my birthday in October 2015. This seems to be intended to harmonize with our present BC driver licenses which always expire on our birthday. Now if we could only talk the passport folks into something this sensible...

CB

Nexus cards have always expired on your birthday. Prior to Nexus though, when I had Canpass, I don't remember it being that way.

ckccan Apr 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Problems at YYZ early am common?

I landed in YYZ from EZE at about 5:20 a.m. on the 27th and went to the Nexus kiosks.

I tried a few of the kiosks, but each one gave me an error, either indicating it couldn't do an iris capture (after the audible shutter sound and the "Thank you for your co-operation"), and/or an error message after that step on the screen that said something to the effect of "System Problem, please try again".

I went through the regular customs lane and explained to the extraordinarily surly agent that the Nexus kiosks didn't seem to be functioning.

Later that same day, I used the kiosk at YVR heading to US and no problem.

I am wondering if this was attributable to some sort of reboot/early morning issue as I suspect that is one of the earlier flights to land at YYZ.

Anyone else experience same?

ckc