Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have had GE since 2012 and am 100% for pre check. Unless I'm flying UA I always double check to make sure my trusted traveler number is in my profile or connected with my ticket. I have been randomly selected to be rescreened after going through pre check.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Since paying for it, I have only missed it once, but it didn't matter because that particular day TSA at BHM shut down any form of PreCheck for everyone, regardless of whether you had it on your BP.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:07 pm

Anybody else ever had a Pre Check boarding pass that wouldn't scan and get shuttled to the regular line?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
That it wouldn't scan shouldn't put you in another line and if it did you should get put at the front of it. I have never had my pass not scan.

-Patrick
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
Since I became GE I have had Pre on my boarding passes every time. I have heard from some other travelers that they have not had it about 1 in 10 itineraries(roundtrip).

-Patrick
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Thanks for the insight. I bought a last-minute ticket (decided to take an extra day in LA to go to the beach) so I'm assuming I probably hit some random rule that excluded me this time, but good to know it's probably just a fluke.

I did ask at the AA counter in SFO and the agent tried reprinting my BP to no avail. Then again, he also didn't know you could now apply and pay for access to Pre-Check, so I'm not putting money on him knowing what he was doing...
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by malexander131
Thanks for the insight. I bought a last-minute ticket (decided to take an extra day in LA to go to the beach) so I'm assuming I probably hit some random rule that excluded me this time, but good to know it's probably just a fluke.

I did ask at the AA counter in SFO and the agent tried reprinting my BP to no avail. Then again, he also didn't know you could now apply and pay for access to Pre-Check, so I'm not putting money on him knowing what he was doing...
Not sure what the last minute tripwire is but there supposedly is a timeframe that is too close to the flight for PreCheck.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by TIGA31328
That it wouldn't scan shouldn't put you in another line and if it did you should get put at the front of it. I have never had my pass not scan.

-Patrick
I did get shuttled to the front of the other line. I have GE and the PreCheck had worked on my outbound flight but on the reentry from Europe, no. It was an airline issued boarding pass. The agent asked if I had another version of the boarding pass to try. I guess I could start downloading to my phone as backup.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TIGA31328
That it wouldn't scan shouldn't put you in another line and if it did you should get put at the front of it.
I think this is not correct. This past week as I was approaching the document check stand (I think it was at ATL), there was an obviously new TSA doc checker being coached by a TSA trainer/supervisor. The supervisor was telling the newbie that if the BP doesn't scan as PreCheck, the pax is not PreCheck, EVEN IF THE BP SAYS PreCheck ON IT (emphasis by TSA trainer/supervisor).
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
I have GE. This is a bit different from OP. I went through PreCheck in LAX once, but was "randomly searched" afterwards.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:40 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Since getting NEXUS in 2012, I have never not had Pre on an eligible itinerary at a checkpoint that offered it. (Before getting NEXUS I got it fairly regularly on DL via status.)

In several of those cases (DL BOS-YYZ, DL out of MDW, UA out of EGE) I would now get it because either the restrictions have eased (the YYZ trip was before international itineraries were eligible) or because the airports now have Pre (EGE had Pre-light then). In others (PD BOS-YTZ, VS BOS-LHR, 9K BOS-ACK-BOS) the airlines are still not participating.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
As a US-born GE member (with plenty of cleared FBI background checks), I have a lower percentage of check-ins giving me PreCheck LLL boarding passes than some of my foreign-born relatives who have never paid into DHS membership programs and never even been elite with the US airlines' loyalty programs. [I find it all rather amusing that some of those foreign-born relatives have 100% LLL in recent years, particularly given some of these foreign-born relatives are the immediate relatives of people listed in CIA files for having opposed or stalled US interests.] In my case, it's largely because doing enough one-way, non-US-originating trips bought on the day of travel for mixed travel parties isn't always free of consequence.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott PM, Delta DM
GE for nearly two years, traveling 3-4x/month....100% pre-check success.

Travis

(yay, my first post)
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Travisaurus
GE for nearly two years, traveling 3-4x/month....100% pre-check success.

Travis

(yay, my first post)
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Essentially 100%. Only missed once that I can recall in the last couple of years, was a ticket purchased two hours before the flight, and on Southwest, where I don't even have a Rapid Rewards account. I believe my TA put the KTN into the res, but who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.