Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:51 pm

Since getting GE approval in Fall 2014, I am 100% for getting TSAPre. This is on both UA and DL, and for flights booked well in advance and flights booked extremely near departure time.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: MR-Platinum, HH-Diamond, MileagePlus 1K, AAdvantage Gold
Known Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Hello everyone,

I have had GE for about 3 years and in that period of time, haven't once had to go through standard security unless precheck was closed. This morning for whatever reason I did not have precheck on my boarding pass and missed a flight due to having to wait in a very long security line at ORD. Is this a random occurrence or did United/TSA somehow screw-up here?

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Krischey
Hello everyone,

I have had GE for about 3 years and in that period of time, haven't once had to go through standard security unless precheck was closed. This morning for whatever reason I did not have precheck on my boarding pass and missed a flight due to having to wait in a very long security line at ORD. Is this a random occurrence or did United/TSA somehow screw-up here?

Thanks
Most probably random. PreCheck is not guaranteed with any Trusted Traveler program.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some GE members sometimes get <SSSS> boarding passes -- pretty much means the person won't be allowed to use the PreCheck LLL screening process.

Getting PreCheck LLL screening is far from guaranteed, even as most GE/PreCheck members will have a very high percentage of PreCheck LLL boarding passes when flying PreCheck eligible airlines from PreCheck eligible airports.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 9, 2016 at 11:05 am Reason: Term more appropriate for the Policy Debate forum
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I have never missed Pre-Check, but have had occasions where something has glitched and it has not showed up on my BP at check-in. Never had a problem though when I've called in and had the KTN removed and reinserted or double-checked that the carrier hadn't inserted an extra space or some such in my name.

However, I do know people who have been deselected on occasion. It is theoretically random and thus some people won't always get it.

It's yet another reason to OLCI.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:38 pm

Over 200+ flights and I've only had an issue twice. Once with AA when the KTN was lost somewhere between the online reservation and the ticketing system, they tried repeatedly to add it and it didn't give me PC. The other time was on SWA when I forgot to add it and attempted to do so later, they added at the airport it but I still didn't get precheck.

Curiously there have been a few instances where PC wasn't denoted on the boarding pass but upon scanning it with the ID checker I got three beeps and they let me into precheck.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: MR-Platinum, HH-Diamond, MileagePlus 1K, AAdvantage Gold
Thanks for the replies. Just checked again and for whatever reason on my flight tomorrow there is no pre-check. I just double checked on UA's website and its there and correct. I will have to give them a call and see what we can do. This has gotten a bit nuts.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Krischey
Thanks for the replies. Just checked again and for whatever reason on my flight tomorrow there is no pre-check. I just double checked on UA's website and its there and correct. I will have to give them a call and see what we can do. This has gotten a bit nuts.
It happened to me one time on DL. They told me that they still randomly select people for detail check. Once selected, that cannot be changed.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I had a no PreCheck BP once in the last 24 months, and it was on the second flight of a 2 flight itinerary. Since I was already airside (originating BP had PC) it didn't really bother me too much.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:23 pm

Only once for me and it was a group check-in with Southwest which apparently can't do PreCheck on group issued boarding passes.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Have then uncheck you in and remove the number and then at the airport have them add your pass ID in and get a boarding pass. Also make sure all info matches your GE card info.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:43 am

Just got approved for GE yesterday and added my KTN to my flight yesterday and my flight today. Haven't gotten precheck for either... Must not be active in TSA's system yet. How long does this take usually?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
In the past two years I have not had it once, in dozens of flights.
I think it was a USAirways flight and after that I called up and manually added my number to each booking separately.
For AA I just add it to the booking at the bottom of the form (on the US site, doesn't work on the US site) and get PreCheck.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Markie
In the past two years I have not had it once, in dozens of flights.
I think it was a USAirways flight and after that I called up and manually added my number to each booking separately.
For AA I just add it to the booking at the bottom of the form (on the US site, doesn't work on the US site) and get PreCheck.
I found it sort of interesting that USAirways seemed to be the the US carrier with the most KTN integration use problems, as USAirways and the TSA have a history of being located in Crystal City/Arlington, Virginia with their employees having walked the same corridors but being more out of step with each other than say NW/DL and TSA. It couldn't just be because NW/DL's Richard Anderson was a prosecutor and Doug Parker was the prosecuted.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Ha - I am 0% since getting GE. I was usually TSA precheck before but since getting my GE I was SSSS on the outbound and return AUS-MCO. I think I have only had SSSS one other time maybe 4 years ago?

However, I just got back from Turkey in August and was told by Ticket Agent that probably triggered it - she was shocked to see it on a frequent flyer. LOL - me too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.