Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:55 pm

Have TTID - strange pattern

I was denied GE due to error on my record about international border crossing incident. But I was still getting TSA Pre around 30% as a Delta medallion. Instead of fruitlessly trying to clear my customs record, I just applied directly to PreCheck and got a TTID assigned rather quickly. It worked every time...until a recent trip from Detroit>Paris.

Will I have further issues in the future even with domestic travel or was this just a one-off?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:04 pm

I've not gotten it twice. The first time was when it wasn't added on a SWA reservation, then later added. Second time was on AA.

I've found that with some of the legacy carriers where I don't have a FF#, the KTN drops out of the reservation sometime between booking and checking in. Not sure why this happens. The ticket counter people have to manually re-add it, which is what led to me not getting it on AA. This has happened on United, US Airways and AA.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: Premier, Marriott Gold, Alamo Race Car tester
same, im on GE and it seems like US airways skips my precheck from time to time. Happened today and I have GE since the day it came out. I would say 90% of the time i have precheck on my tickets. Just flew UAL and AA 3 weeks ago and both had my precheck no issues. Kind of annoying because the airlines says call TSA.. which I assume is a blackhole
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
It is that sensitive. If your GE Card says John William Doe, and your ticket and FF account are under John Doe, is likely you WON'T get precheck. Change the names in your FF accounts.
I too have this question - my FF accounts have my first, middle initial, and last name, like it shows on my driver's license. My passport however has only my first and last name, so that is what I used to apply for GE just the other day. Will I have any issues once I get GE?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If your tickets are booked differently than the name which appears on your passport and GE card, down to extra spaces and punctuation, you will likely not get PRE or, if you do, it will be much less often.

Easier to eliminate your middle name from FFP's than your passport. But, most carriers require you to call in to get it done.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
If your tickets are booked differently than the name which appears on your passport and GE card, down to extra spaces and punctuation, you will likely not get PRE or, if you do, it will be much less often.

Easier to eliminate your middle name from FFP's than your passport. But, most carriers require you to call in to get it done.
Thank you! Once I get done with the GE process I'll call my FF programs and have my MI removed. Hopefully it won't be an issue that, on my GE application, I put my name as it appears on my license (with middle initial), and listed my name as it appears on my passport for that section of the app (no middle initial).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't know whether CBP Officers at interview stations have access to the name fields in GE, but you might ask at the time of the interview whether you can have your name matched to your passport.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:23 pm

I don't know whether CBP Officers at interview stations have access to the name fields in GE, but you might ask at the time of the interview whether you can have your name matched to your passport.
Will do! Thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:18 pm

Silly Q, but knowing the system is sensitive - all caps/case sensitive on names in profiles?

I.E. - on GOES, my name is Flyer Smith Talk. On Delta/AA profiles, my name is FLYER SMITH TALK - any issues?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:04 pm

Making sure your GE name exactly matches your passport is something to bring up at your interview. When my GE card came in the mail, it did not. Although they "changed it in the system" and the kiosk wasn't a problem, TSA PreCheck only came through on the outbound flight. I was already getting PreCheck pretty often without having signed up for anything, so now I just don't know if GE worked at all for PreCheck, or if there's a glitch how to fix it. My FF account names had already been changed to match my passport and GE, so it isn't that.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by levilevi
Silly Q, but knowing the system is sensitive - all caps/case sensitive on names in profiles?
No. An A is an a.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Since enrollment in GE I have gotten it on 4/4 of my last trips.

That said, my Dad missed out last year during Columbus Day weekend and my Mother missed out this week right after Memorial Day (they're both also enrolled in GE). An AA agent at RDU said that she'd seen a bunch of people not getting it who had GE and she suspected it was due to the Holiday weekend ending.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I'm 100% since I received GE, with roughly 350 flights on UA, and 3 on DL.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had my first miss last weekend. I was on a RDU-MSP r/t ticket on US. I had it on the way out but not the way back. My family who also paid for GE got it both ways but I didn't, how odd.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
100% of the time with the exception of being SSSS'd (once in many, many years). But there are ways around that too that I'm not describing here. Nothing illegal of course, just not advertising...it doesn't happen often. If you do it right there's no reason not to get PreCheck if you have a KTN. I was selected for the body scanner last week for the first time ever.. I was still in the Pre lane though..I know I could have opted out..I could still keep on my shoes and belt so I was fine with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.