Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Pull up the reservation online or call in and verify what the name, DOB, sex are in the Secure Flight Data fields. ..... Also have them remove the number and reapply it.
If both of the above approaches are undertaken and don't work even when/if the GE membership is still showing as active/unexpired on GOES, it's possible that PreCheck outcomes have been systematically impacted to the detriment of an individual and may or may not cycle back eventually to again having PreCheck approval.

One thing that sometimes help if the above doesn't? To change the booking channel/method and/or method of payment.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If both of the above approaches are undertaken and don't work even when/if the GE membership is still showing as active/unexpired on GOES, it's possible that PreCheck outcomes have been systematically impacted to the detriment of an individual and may or may not cycle back eventually to again having PreCheck approval.

One thing that sometimes help if the above doesn't? To change the booking channel/method and/or method of payment.
I have tried all above methods except the booking channel/method of payment. My account is "active" on GOES website. Perhaps you are suggesting to book the flight then through a third party vendor such as orbitz instead of directly through AA?

So again who does one contact in the GOES department to find out if one is "impacted"? I'd like to know where that 100 dollars went at the very least...
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by northernlights1
I have tried all above methods except the booking channel/method of payment. My account is "active" on GOES website. Perhaps you are suggesting to book the flight then through a third party vendor such as orbitz instead of directly through AA?

So again who does one contact in the GOES department to find out if one is "impacted"? I'd like to know where that 100 dollars went at the very least...
Book via an online travel agency and use a different payment method from a different IP address and/or device. Not a guaranteed thing to improve the outcomes, but there is some small chance that this may make a difference sooner or later for an individual who has seen reduced PreCheck outcomes at check-in.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I fly almost exclusively with AA. I have had Global Entry Membership for about 2 years. Up until 1 month ago I have received a PreCheck on every single flight. I had one flight booked by a travel agency through work and ever since then all 5 flights I no longer get PreCheck. I call AA and they said the number is correct. I walked into the enrollment center in Phx to ask for help, they could provide ZERO information and ZERO direction on who to contact. Getting a little frustrated. My name and Global Entry number are accurate. Middle name is in every reservation. Anybody have a clue why 5 consecutive flights have no PreCheck? Who can I contact in TSA or Global Entry to find out what the problem is?
It's a long shot, but use twitter/Ask TSA or TSA's Facebook to look into it after you book your next flight.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:33 am

I've had my Nexus card for over 3 years and I travel weekly. Up until recently I have always gotten TSA Pre-Check. However two weeks ago I did not get pre-check on my way to JFK. Fortunately, my home airport has a Nexus line. So it didn't affect me.

On the way back home I didn't get pre-check again. Luckily the regular line was very short. So it didn't affect me much; still had to take off my shoes and all the other stuff pre-check doesn't require.

Last week was the same thing. I didn't get pre-check on the way to JFK. While I was in NYC I received an email from American Airlines. It seemed to imply that I failed to put my KTN in my profile and I need to go update my profile. The truth of the matter is that I haven't edit my profile in years. I assume they lost my KTN. I went back into my profile and my KTN was there. I updated it again just to be safe.

When I checked in to come home, again, I didn't get pre-check. This time when I got to JFK the regular line was rather long. So I went to the agent at priority line to see if this could be corrected. Normally I see 1 to 3 people at the priority line but today there was a significant line up; it took me almost 20 minutes to get to an agent.

She explained that TSA made some changes recently and that is why I was not getting pre-check. She asked if I knew my KTN; I gave her my Nexus card, passport and boarding pass. She attempted to correct my ticket. She tried again. She tried something different. She started trying different things on two computers. After 10 minutes she told me she couldn't fix it and I'd have to use the regular line.

Now I was at risk of missing my flight because I just wasted 30 minutes trying to get this situation corrected. She insisted that it wasn't American Airlines fault because TSA had made some changes. However I develop software for a living and have actually worked these systems for other airlines. If TSA makes a change then we'd deploy a patch to fix this issue; we went tell thousands of valued customer it was TSA fault.

I've started flying Delta now but I still have 3 more weeks of flying American Airlines. I'm hoping to fix this. I'm also wonder if other people are finding they aren't getting TSA pre-check for the last few weeks. Is it just American Airlines or am I going to have the same problem with Delta?

So far I have tried:
  • re-saving my AA profile.
  • delete my KTN, save the profile, add my KTN, save the profile.
  • add my middle name (I didn't have that saved previously).

I've gone to GOES and checked the information they have on file for me and everything seems to be the same. The only thing which might be different is that I have my home number on the GOES site but I gave AA my mobile phone number. How do I add my mobile number to the GOES site?

Thanks for any help people can provide me,
Darrell
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by darrell888
I've had my Nexus card for over 3 years and I travel weekly. Up until recently I have always gotten TSA Pre-Check. However two weeks ago I did not get pre-check on my way to JFK. Fortunately, my home airport has a Nexus line. So it didn't affect me.

On the way back home I didn't get pre-check again. Luckily the regular line was very short. So it didn't affect me much; still had to take off my shoes and all the other stuff pre-check doesn't require.

Last week was the same thing. I didn't get pre-check on the way to JFK. While I was in NYC I received an email from American Airlines. It seemed to imply that I failed to put my KTN in my profile and I need to go update my profile. The truth of the matter is that I haven't edit my profile in years. I assume they lost my KTN. I went back into my profile and my KTN was there. I updated it again just to be safe.

When I checked in to come home, again, I didn't get pre-check. This time when I got to JFK the regular line was rather long. So I went to the agent at priority line to see if this could be corrected. Normally I see 1 to 3 people at the priority line but today there was a significant line up; it took me almost 20 minutes to get to an agent.

She explained that TSA made some changes recently and that is why I was not getting pre-check. She asked if I knew my KTN; I gave her my Nexus card, passport and boarding pass. She attempted to correct my ticket. She tried again. She tried something different. She started trying different things on two computers. After 10 minutes she told me she couldn't fix it and I'd have to use the regular line.

Now I was at risk of missing my flight because I just wasted 30 minutes trying to get this situation corrected. She insisted that it wasn't American Airlines fault because TSA had made some changes. However I develop software for a living and have actually worked these systems for other airlines. If TSA makes a change then we'd deploy a patch to fix this issue; we went tell thousands of valued customer it was TSA fault.

I've started flying Delta now but I still have 3 more weeks of flying American Airlines. I'm hoping to fix this. I'm also wonder if other people are finding they aren't getting TSA pre-check for the last few weeks. Is it just American Airlines or am I going to have the same problem with Delta?

So far I have tried:
  • re-saving my AA profile.
  • delete my KTN, save the profile, add my KTN, save the profile.
  • add my middle name (I didn't have that saved previously).

I've gone to GOES and checked the information they have on file for me and everything seems to be the same. The only thing which might be different is that I have my home number on the GOES site but I gave AA my mobile phone number. How do I add my mobile number to the GOES site?

Thanks for any help people can provide me,
Darrell
If you have a twitter account, tweet Ask TSA and ask for help. They'll want you to DM your name and flight info.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
If you have a twitter account, tweet Ask TSA and ask for help. They'll want you to DM your name and flight info.
Thanks for the quick reply chollie. I have twitter but never use it. I sent a DM to askTSA and I sent a tweet with @askTSA in it. Hopefully they'll be able to help.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by darrell888
Thanks for the quick reply chollie. I have twitter but never use it. I sent a DM to askTSA and I sent a tweet with @askTSA in it. Hopefully they'll be able to help.
Good luck!

Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:02 am

Okay now on my 8th flight in a ROW. No precheck. I got the same email initially from American that darell888 got and since then nothing. I've tried having people take info on reservations out and back in but to no avail. Is this an AA thing or TSA thing? At least at AA I can talk to someone. It's inexcusable that there is not a customer service number for TSA that I can talk to. Nobody can help fix this. Insult to injury my daughter was assigned precheck on our latest flight and she breezed through and was waiting for 10 minutes while I languished in the preferred line. Anybody else have ideas?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:43 am

Okay now on my 8th flight in a ROW. No precheck. I got the same email initially from American that darell888 got and since then nothing. I've tried having people take info on reservations out and back in but to no avail. Is this an AA thing or TSA thing? At least at AA I can talk to someone. It's inexcusable that there is not a customer service number for TSA that I can talk to. Nobody can help fix this. Insult to injury my daughter was assigned precheck on our latest flight and she breezed through and was waiting for 10 minutes while I languished in the preferred line. Anybody else have ideas?
Have you tried tweeting Ask TSA? They regularly respond to people tweeting that they've paid and they aren't getting Pre on their BPs. AskTSA regularly responds, offering to work on a case-by-case basis. You have nothing to lose.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If it can't be fixed, pursue s redress #. All it takes is that someone with a name that is a close match, a DOB close enough and who has close to the same flying patterns as you showing up on a watch list, and you can win up off Pre-Check for a while.

That's what the redress # is for. It's the last check box on the form:

https://trip.dhs.gov/
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Redress # is for people that closely match a person on a naughty list and thus get SSSS or regular secondary by CBP. It is not intended to help people get PreCheck on the BP when the KTN and name/DOB info do not match.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:19 pm

Okay. So I did tweet TSA and about half an hour later got a call from American Airlines Special Relations personnel. So that's positive. He is perplexed at what is going on. He did verify all my info is correct and was going to look further into it and get back to me. I even went into Global Entry office at SeaTac to see if they could help. They said their system shows everything is okay but they don't have access to TSA info and gave me the following number to try. AA did elude to the fact I could have been placed on a TSA exclusion list and was checking that. Let's hope this gets resolved.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:04 am

Good luck and thanks for keeping the thread updated.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:54 am
Suspended

Okay. So I did tweet TSA and about half an hour later got a call from American Airlines Special Relations personnel. So that's positive. He is perplexed at what is going on. He did verify all my info is correct and was going to look further into it and get back to me. I even went into Global Entry office at SeaTac to see if they could help. They said their system shows everything is okay but they don't have access to TSA info and gave me the following number to try. AA did elude to the fact I could have been placed on a TSA exclusion list and was checking that. Let's hope this gets resolved.
Nice to see AA so responsive.

At least you haven't said anything about being on the TSA's extended selectee list. That's worse then being on an extended exclusion list.

There are government blacklists and there are airline/airline contractor blacklists that come into play in this arena. If it's not just one of those responsible, then it's the other or both.

The blacklisting of sorts isn't always based on just the passenger's Secure Flight and ticketed name info. It would be interesting to find out what the "solution" ends up being. Good luck and thanks for the updates.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 14, 2016 at 8:04 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.