Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:26 am

Wife, son, and I all conditionally approved on 8/3.

Wife and I applied on 5/18, son on 5/23.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. Things are moving faster now.
Really? How much faster? And how do you know?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
Really? How much faster? And how do you know?
I wish I have the crystal ball for you. From reading recent posts, many have received conditional approval recently after waiting for 11+ weeks.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:22 pm

After about 3 months with virtually no activity, a significant subset of 2-3 weeks of applications (small sample size) were approved in a week.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:58 pm

I wish I have the crystal ball for you. From reading recent posts, many have received conditional approval recently after waiting for 11+ weeks.
Gotcha. I'm in no hurry. My travel season is over for this summer. Maybe a trip to see the parents at Thanksgiving. I recently spent 90 minutes heading southbound (northbound crossing took 45 seconds) through the Pembina/Emerson land crossing wishing I had a Nexus card. Then I reached the booths and there were no Nexus lanes so it wouldn't have mattered.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
Gotcha. I'm in no hurry. My travel season is over for this summer. Maybe a trip to see the parents at Thanksgiving. I recently spent 90 minutes heading southbound (northbound crossing took 45 seconds) through the Pembina/Emerson land crossing wishing I had a Nexus card. Then I reached the booths and there were no Nexus lanes so it wouldn't have mattered.
I believe NEXUS lanes are not open 24/7 at all boarder crossings.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I believe NEXUS lanes are not open 24/7 at all boarder crossings.
The NEXUS lane(s) at Blaine operate 7AM-midnight AFAIK, but the crossing is open 24 hours. The following is about a 24 hour opening of NEXUS at the Peace Bridge between NY and Ontario near Buffalo, NY.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...ario-1.2713090
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
NEXUS lanes are definitely not open 24/7 especially the south bound ones.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:14 pm

Is half a loaf better than none?

My wife and I had been waiting since mid-May on our NEXUS applications. I got my approval yesterday, but my wife is still waiting for approval. It's possible that hers may be delayed longer than mine because she was born in Canada but is now a US citizen. I managed to get an appointment next Monday at Trudeau (there was just one), delaying my trip back to the US a day to get it. Hopefully my wife will get approved and an appointment slot will open before she heads home in a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Simalot
My wife and I had been waiting since mid-May on our NEXUS applications. I got my approval yesterday, but my wife is still waiting for approval. It's possible that hers may be delayed longer than mine because she was born in Canada but is now a US citizen. I managed to get an appointment next Monday at Trudeau (there was just one), delaying my trip back to the US a day to get it. Hopefully my wife will get approved and an appointment slot will open before she heads home in a couple of weeks.
Welcome to FT. A few reported conditional approval a few hours or a day later. Good luck and let us know your wife's result.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:32 am

Welcome to FT. A few reported conditional approval a few hours or a day later. Good luck and let us know your wife's result.
Thanks! We just received her conditional approval (almost two days to the minute after receiving mine). Now to figure out when she can get an interview.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:34 pm

Thanks! We just received her conditional approval (almost two days to the minute after receiving mine). Now to figure out when she can get an interview.
You are welcome. Now is the fun part. According to recent reports, YVR and 1611 Main Street location were wide open as well as Blaine, WA. Let us know what you find.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Good thing I had outlook.com forward the conditional approval message as SMS to my mobile. I wouldn't have otherwise checked as conditional approval email was sent shortly after midnight ET.

Applied MAY 25 at 11:59 AM ET as existing GE members. Received approval email AUG 6 at 12:09AM ET. Took 73 days.

At least YUL looks fairly open 3 weeks from now. Was able to snag three consecutive slots for spouse and kids.

Looks like they are processing these applications in a first come first serve basis as the conditional approvals were sent in the same order we applied in. Applicants being GE members and kids being elementary school age made no difference.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:51 am

Can people please post when they get approvals for June 2016 applications? That should start in the next day or so I hope.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am

.... because she was born in Canada but is now a US citizen.
Is she dual or just US? In either case it should not matter.

edit: great its all resolved ...

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Aug 8, 2016 at 7:39 am Reason: did not see the subsequent post ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.