Reload this Page >

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
You may want to either remove those screenshots or obscure the AA record locator in them. Not suggesting that FT members have any nefarious means, but this is a public site.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by techie
You may want to either remove those screenshots or obscure the AA record locator in them. Not suggesting that FT members have any nefarious means, but this is a public site.
Good point. Done. Thanks. FT folks have a nefarious reputation!
Old May 9, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by nestorph
I've been a loyal Kayak user for searching for flights and, after getting the flight confirmation from an airline (or hotel). forwarding the info to Kayak which then automatically creates an entry in my calendar. While at airports, I get gate change and delay notifications typically faster from Kayak then even some of the airline apps. Like others here, I miss Flight Track Pro. I purchased and have been using FlightView for the past few months. It's OK and also has the option to receive confirmation notices so that it fills in the itinerary automatically (unlike Flight Track that required you to manually add flights). I found the FV widget annoying in that it only indicated that a flight was scheduled instead of actually displaying the time (Note: I see in one of the posts above that it does show the times. Don't why it doesn't for me). The other day, however, I paid more attention to the Kayak widget and noticed that it showed me the flights as well as the times (see screenshot. It shows the two widgets with FV sitting above the Kayak one)! Furthermore, when I followed the link back to the Kayak app, I was presented with a neat and clean graphic detailing both legs of my trip with the anticipated layover times (see other screenshot). Further investigation showed detailed terminal maps--down to the individual restaurant and shop level, weather info, ticket details, booking info, and even the link back to the email containing the confirmation info.
Long story short--I think I've found my Flight Track replacement! And it's even free! (I curious about Flight Update Pro but it has some stiff competition at this point)

hello to all!
i'm following this discussion for a long time...
I miss app of mobiata studio and today i can say that there isn't an other good app like flight tracker 5.
Nestorph you are right, the best way today is kyak app but I can only enter the flight a few days before departure...

But today we have a very good news from GOOGLE!
in apple app stor i find GOOGLE TRIPS.
To date it does not send notifications and news about the flight but it is really well done. I have a lot of confidence in google and I'm convinced that with the upcoming updates we will not miss anything! In the app menu there is also a section to send feedback to google team. Do it all to improve this free application!!!
Old May 9, 2017, 8:37 am

Reseller: Not sure what you mean. When I send Kayak my reservation information, I get a confirmation back within minutes and the flight is entered into my Kayak account. I can see all of my future trips listed, including hotel reservations if I've sent those along, too.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:15 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by reseller
But today we have a very good news from GOOGLE!
in apple app stor i find GOOGLE TRIPS.
To date it does not send notifications and news about the flight but it is really well done. I have a lot of confidence in google and I'm convinced that with the upcoming updates we will not miss anything! In the app menu there is also a section to send feedback to google team. Do it all to improve this free application!!!
We already have a thread discussing Google Trips:
TWA884
Old May 20, 2017, 6:49 am

mi Flight Track

As a long term user of Flight Track Pro, I was shocked and disappointed to discover that Mobiata just switched it off.
I've done a bit of research and found mi Flight Track, which seems very similar to FTP and there is a sister app, mi Flight Board. Maybe not as great as FTP, but a close second maybe. The paid for version is a one-off £3.99 or you can buy a bundle of all the three mi Flight apps for £12.
I hope this is of help
Old May 21, 2017, 11:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by StephenArg
As a long term user of Flight Track Pro, I was shocked and disappointed to discover that Mobiata just switched it off.
I've done a bit of research and found mi Flight Track, which seems very similar to FTP and there is a sister app, mi Flight Board. Maybe not as great as FTP, but a close second maybe. The paid for version is a one-off £3.99 or you can buy a bundle of all the three mi Flight apps for £12.
I hope this is of help
This one does look good, anyone else try it?
Old May 21, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Microwave
Which one specifically is being suggested?
Old May 21, 2017, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I hope this is of help
Which one specifically is being suggested?
Old May 21, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I looked at the app and am befuddled at any comparison to Flight Track Pro.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Xeno
I looked at the app and am befuddled at any comparison to Flight Track Pro.
At this point it could be closer to a solar powered toaster oven... If it lets me easily look up and add flights by flight number and city pair, and track my upcoming flights and gate information, with a reasonably decent UI, I'll take it.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
I hope this is of help
I'm testing miFlighttrack now for some weeks and I noticed that several fights of big carriers here in europe where not in ( kl/af, az, all for this summer).
Some om the daily flights from A to B are in but not all the (nonstop) flights.
Only a few days ago they were put in after I've send the app makers a message.

If that is how it will go in the future I might not use this app further.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:57 am

Lightbulb Variflight flight tracking app

For those using iPhones I would recommend Variflight-Live on Time app. It is free.

It has the flight tracking function that allows users to check real-time flight status, incl. :

---time of arrivals and departures

---take-off time

---landing time

In addition, it displays airport weather and time table info, aircraft type and age.

Download link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1198164839?mt=8
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:42 am

THANKS!
Very very good this app! it is very young, notifications don't work and other issues but they are on the right way =)

Originally Posted by Daryl W.
For those using iPhones I would recommend Variflight-Live on Time app. It is free.

It has the flight tracking function that allows users to check real-time flight status, incl. :

---time of arrivals and departures

---take-off time

---landing time

In addition, it displays airport weather and time table info, aircraft type and age.

Download link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1198164839?mt=8
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by reseller
THANKS!
Very very good this app! it is very young, notifications don't work and other issues but they are on the right way =)
Not bad!

"flight tracker" has still been my default app (mainly for push notifications), with miFlightTrack for all the data (actual takeoff/runway landing, plane notifications"

But This one is aesthetically pleasing. Has some work to do, but liking what I see so far!

One thing my family has asked for that these apps haven't delivered on is the option to change settings to your current time zone. So if I'm flying DEN-ORD, the app would show the flight times all in eastern and not Mountain to Central.

Also - if you click on similar apps (or look from the same developer, "FEEYO.COM E-COMMERCE CORP" - there is a gold "pro" version, but in chinese. From the screenshots it looks like there is some additional content. I don't currently have 0.99, but wondering if someone could take one for the team and buy it and report back?

Last edited by BThumme; Jun 20, 2017 at 10:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.