Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: EB Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
I didn't see it mentioned on your survey, but I'm much more inclined to pay a one time payment ($10-20) rather then a subscription model that everyone seems to be using now.
Thanks for your input. We haven't decided on a business model yet. Both one time purchase, subscription based or the option to buy packages with flights are on the table.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:30 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
How I will have to pay for such an app (a one-time, lifetime subscription or every year) is the least relevant part for me. If the app does what is supposed to do, I will pay for it, yearly or one-time, it doesn’t really matter.
My actual concern is if the app will really be a good replacement for FlightTrack. As I wrote here previously, after FlightTrack’s demise I tried pretty much every app out there and none was even close to FlightTrack. All were a waste of money, as I deleted them after a few days. The only app that, in my opinion: 1.came closer to what FlghtTrack used to do and 2. was not cluttered with lots of useless stuff still is FlightUpdatePro. However, the developer(s) of FlightUpdatePro promised to listen to feedback and tweak the app to get it where it needed to be. This happened up to a point and then nothing. I really hope this will not be the case with Flightyapp but we will have to see. I cannot wait to play with the beta version.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:49 am

Actually I am having second thoughts. I would rather have this subscription based. This way, if the app won’t be what I hoped for, at least I will have less of rip-off feeling when I’ll be disappointed and I won’t renew the subscription. And I guess a subscription-based app will be a better incentive for the developer to keep it up.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: EB Gold
Originally Posted by mihaid
Actually I am having second thoughts. I would rather have this subscription based. This way, if the app won’t be what I hoped for, at least I will have less of rip-off feeling when I’ll be disappointed and I won’t renew the subscription. And I guess a subscription-based app will be a better incentive for the developer to keep it up.
We are not going to recreate Flight Track, but hopefully create something even better.
Also, we will of course offer free trials if we go subscription based. Customer trust is important to us, and everyone should have a chance to try the product before they choose to pay for it.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by maarstad
We are not going to recreate Flight Track, but hopefully create something even better.
Also, we will of course offer free trials if we go subscription based. Customer trust is important to us, and everyone should have a chance to try the product before they choose to pay for it.
Great to hear that. I honestly wish you good luck and look forward to try the app soon.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

@maarstad started another thread about their new app.

For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss the Flighty iOS app and the survey in the following thread:
Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
Question The Original FlightTracker App

So I think we all know how good the original Flight Tracker app for iOS was. Sadly its been replaced by a bloated impostor that is full of useless info like all the codeshares and makes it difficult to see what plane the flight will be operated with etc. MyFlights is also no longer ;-( which I fear is irreplaceable. I feel 2017/2018 have seen a significant downgrade in terms of travel apps. I am now using:

Flightradar24 to search for flights on specific routes
Tripit to keep things organised (but the interface has much to be desired)
Flight Tracker to search/track flights but it is not by any means ideal.

So FlyerTalk what apps are you using in 2018?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by TWA884
Folks,

@maarstad started another thread about their new app.

For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss the Flighty iOS app and the survey in the following thread:
Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Link is not working.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txpenny
Link is not working.
I took a look at the actual URL, there are no errors in it. I also tested the it using several browsers in both regular and incognito/private modes. It works for me. Please try again.

If it still does not work, please try this link: Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

I you continue having issues, the thread is currently located about a third of the way down on the first page of the Travel Tools menu.

I hope that this helps.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by TWA884
I took a look at the actual URL, there are no errors in it. I also tested the it using several browsers in both regular and incognito/private modes. It works for me. Please try again.

If it still does not work, please try this link: Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

I you continue having issues, the thread is currently located about a third of the way down on the first page of the Travel Tools menu.

I hope that this helps.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
It works now. My have been a glitch with my mac. Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
It works now. My have been a glitch with my mac. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Subscribed to the thread. Hoping for something a bit more sleek and visually pleasant like the original FlightTrack - Flight Update is too barren for my taste. We’re in 2018, after all.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Has the Beta app gone out yet? I don’t recall getting a email link to download.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
How is the beta going? Would love to try this app out!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by automapic
How is the beta going? Would love to try this app out!
It looks like it will be coming out in Summer 2018
https://www.flightyapp.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.