Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I too was also wondering about this.

They say time heals all wounds, and it seems like only now am I getting over FlightTrack Pro. I still can't believe how awesome it was. So fast, so sleek, very easy to use interface....I miss it
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:09 pm

Hi guys.
Is the soon to be flighty for iOS only? Planning an Android version?
Old May 22, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by automapic
I am now using:
Flightradar24 to search for flights on specific routes
Tripit to keep things organised (but the interface has much to be desired)
Flight Tracker to search/track flights but it is not by any means ideal.
So FlyerTalk what apps are you using in 2018?
AppInTheAir is rather decent and interface is pleasing, unlike TripIt (which is a disaster, I agree).
Old May 22, 2018, 9:43 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
I manily use FlightTracker still. Still not fully happy about it, but it is the closest (to me) to what FlightTrackPro was. I wish the developer kept paying attention to users’ feedback (they did that for a while but then got lazy or bored or lost interest). Appintheair is too fancy/cluttered for my taste (tried it again today, having deleted it from my phone months ago). If at least would allow users to organize flights by trips as well, not just by date and time. If for instance I track two trips that overlap in time, there is no way to select just one trip (and see the itinerary of that person only) - you always get to see the entire list of flights, organized by date and time. I really hate that. There are other (less important) things I dislike about Appintheair, but the lack of ability to organize flights other than by date and time is my main beef with it.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:18 pm

FlightTrack 6

Hi everybody,

Just like you I was also very disappointed as FlightTrack 5 was discontinued. Which is why I spend the last couple of months building a replacement. I am using the same data provider as mobiata (FT5) to ensure accurate and fast information. This data comes at a cost which is why I'm not able to give away the app for free and push notifications require a monthly charge, which is why they are not implemented yet.

However this is an App you don't have to wait for and I am happy to hear your feedback and improve upon it. It's also much faster and more intuitive than the current solutions, which I've tried as well.

I encourage you to have a look on the AppStore: FlightTrack 6

- Tim
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by flighttrackdev
Hi everybody,

Just like you I was also very disappointed as FlightTrack 5 was discontinued. Which is why I spend the last couple of months building a replacement. I am using the same data provider as mobiata (FT5) to ensure accurate and fast information. This data comes at a cost which is why I'm not able to give away the app for free and push notifications require a monthly charge, which is why they are not implemented yet.

However this is an App you don't have to wait for and I am happy to hear your feedback and improve upon it. It's also much faster and more intuitive than the current solutions, which I've tried as well.

- Tim
Thanks! Does it have TripIt integration - or will it? Absolutely critical feature for me, I can do without ... almost everything else, lol.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:38 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by flighttrackdev
Hi everybody,

- Tim
I suppose you are still working on it? There are airports (smaller, but with scheduled, commercial flights) which one cannot select as your app does not consider them valid origin or destinations.
To give an example, I tried to input a BL (Jetstar Pacific) flight from DLI to HUI. None of the two airports are recognised by your app.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Thanks! Does it have TripIt integration - or will it? Absolutely critical feature for me, I can do without ... almost everything else, lol.
Agree, anything without TripIt integration is a joke, that too a paid app.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I saw ft6 in the store yesterday, went back today to get it and it’s gone.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BThumme
I saw ft6 in the store yesterday, went back today to get it and it’s gone.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed from the App Store due to a registered trademark violation. Mobiata still owns the FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro trademarks.
flightyryan likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by TWA884
I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed from the App Store due to a registered trademark violation. Mobiata still owns the FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro trademarks.
Odd as they shouldn’t have allowed it in the first place - the App Store vetting process is fairly strict.

Anyway I hope it comes back. Looked pretty good - just needed TripIt!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Looking forward to checking out this new option. I went with FlightView a while back when FlightTrack ended. It was fine for a while but I stopped using it since it just wasn’t the same.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:14 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I've had a decent experience with FlightLogger. The main alternative(?), App In The Air, is just too cluttered for me.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Xlr
I've had a decent experience with FlightLogger. The main alternative(?), App In The Air, is just too cluttered for me.
Out of curiosity, I had a look at App In The Air. I totally agree with what others said before, it is just too cluttered. Sometimes it even gets it totally wrong like showing a delayed flight that didn't take off yet as in the air, or reporting a delayed flight as landed with an arrival time in the future.

My favorite so far has been The Flight Tracker, but I would appreciate a little more information like the plane type e.g. Besides that, many times The Flight Tracker does not display the gate numbers.

Thus, I decided to take a look at Flightlogger. Looks nice, has aircraft information, seems to have most of the gate numbers. What I find highly irritating though is that a trip of 4 legs gets displayed in 2 blocks of 2 legs each. The first block contains the flight date, leg 1, and leg 2 with next day arrival. The second block contains the next day's flight date with leg 3 and leg 4. Can't find any way to change that.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:38 pm

Mobiata Flight Track Pro Replacement: Flightfolio

We feel just as sad Flight Track got shutdown. We are actually working on a replacement called Flightfolio. As an avid former Flight Track Pro user, this project was inspired by Mobiata's product because it was so well-done and well designed (we have a mobile designer on our team). We are also planning to integrate with the same high-quality data provider. If you follow us on Facebook, you will be notified when we launch our Kickstarter.

facebook .com/flightfolio

Unfortunately the aviation data has proven to be too expensive to launch a premium free app without a little help from the community. That's why we are in the process of setting up a Kickstarter. Our promise is to bring back the features and user experience that made Flight Track Pro great.

Feel free to reply to this comment if you have any questions!
Bohemian1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.