Reload this Page >

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement for FlightTrack?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:09 pm

Thanks re VariFlight. Am trying it now. Wish it had TripIt integration.

So far I find Flight Update Pro to be the best and AITA to be the most useless.

But still bemoan the loss of FTPro. I still use it to keep track of flights (i.e., to answer friend's questions of "when are you leaving for ----"). But its utility decreases to zero as you get close to flight time. The applicable flight "greys out" about a day before takeoff and becomes useless.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:00 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BThumme
Not bad!

"flight tracker" has still been my default app (mainly for push notifications), with miFlightTrack for all the data (actual takeoff/runway landing, plane notifications"

But This one is aesthetically pleasing. Has some work to do, but liking what I see so far!

One thing my family has asked for that these apps haven't delivered on is the option to change settings to your current time zone. So if I'm flying DEN-ORD, the app would show the flight times all in eastern and not Mountain to Central.

Also - if you click on similar apps (or look from the same developer, "FEEYO.COM E-COMMERCE CORP" - there is a gold "pro" version, but in chinese. From the screenshots it looks like there is some additional content. I don't currently have 0.99, but wondering if someone could take one for the team and buy it and report back?
What I ask to you is to share your reviews and requests with developers of Variglight by mail or with a review in the store. It helps a lot of work! Variflight is on the right way ^
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Does the The Flight Tracker by Impala Studos still support TripIt? For some reason it doesn't pick up TripIt even though the "button" is switched on..
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Does the The Flight Tracker by Impala Studos still support TripIt? For some reason it doesn't pick up TripIt even though the "button" is switched on..

I do not know if flight tracker is a good app. Customer support is really bad. Send suggestions and they will not answer you
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by reseller
I do not know if flight tracker is a good app. Customer support is really bad. Send suggestions and they will not answer you
I know their Customer Service is awfUl..took 5 days for the

To respond and with a generic answer. Hoently, Inhave forgotten if I had paid for this App ..
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
It’s been 8 months. Has anyone found a replacement for flight track pro? I still haven’t. I’ve been juggling between three other apps just to track my flights and nothing compares. FlightView, FlightStats, FlightAware

I’m no longer able to keep a nice history of my flights like flight track pro.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:06 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
To me FlightUpdate is still the closest I could get to FlightTrackPro, having tried 4 or 5 others.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
It’s been 8 months. Has anyone found a replacement for flight track pro? I still haven’t. I’ve been juggling between three other apps just to track my flights and nothing compares. FlightView, FlightStats, FlightAware

I’m no longer able to keep a nice history of my flights like flight track pro.
For history, "Flight Tracker" is probably the closest, but I find it lacks a bit more of the in-depth info.

For the rest, although not the prettiest, "Flight Tracker" has all the info.

And I just now realized that both of these have the exact same name displayed under the icon.

For aesthetics - "The Flight Tracker" by Impala Studios

For detailed info - "mi Flight Tracker" by Appeclectic Ltd. - they also have a flightboard app that is pretty good and similar to what FTP had.

I still miss Flight Track Pro though, it was just so good.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by thesun
The price appears to have changed, it is now $29.99 for 1 year or $49.99 for lifetime. Pretty steep price that I'd pay if I knew the app was going to stay around and improve over time. But after getting burned by buying the old FlightTrack and then FlightTrack5 which was prettier but functionally worse and never really improved, I'm not sure.
While making a phone call on my iPhone, I happened to notice a pop-up message on my iPad from App in the Air claiming 50% off for Black Friday. However, I have not been able to confirm this by trying to purchase a subscription in the app on my iPhone or iPad. Is there another way to find out whether they meant 50% off one year or lifetime?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Flight Tracker by impala studios is the one I've settled on as a Flight Track Pro replacement - but every time I open it up I feel sad that it isn't FTP and wish they'd never had to shut it down.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: EB Gold
Hi everyone, after searching for a flight tracking app to use after FlightTrack we decided to take it into our own hands and build the most powerful and beautiful app ourselves.

We are a group of designers, developers, and flight nerds creating @FlightyApp

To make sure we don’t only build what we want but also what you want it would help us a lot if you could take our 3 min survey on flightyapp.com. In doing so, you can gain beta access to our exciting new app and a chance to win free Flighty for life.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Flightyapp? Cool. I’ll give it a shot.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: EB Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Flightyapp? Cool. I’ll give it a shot.
Thanks for your interest and for taking the survey!
Looking forward to release more information soon.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I filled out the survey. Looking forward to checking out the beta!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by maarstad
Hi everyone, after searching for a flight tracking app to use after FlightTrack we decided to take it into our own hands and build the most powerful and beautiful app ourselves.

We are a group of designers, developers, and flight nerds creating @FlightyApp

To make sure we don’t only build what we want but also what you want it would help us a lot if you could take our 3 min survey on flightyapp.com. In doing so, you can gain beta access to our exciting new app and a chance to win free Flighty for life.
I didn't see it mentioned on your survey, but I'm much more inclined to pay a one time payment ($10-20) rather then a subscription model that everyone seems to be using now.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.