Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
If you're willing to spend big, then Sofitel So ... just take a look at the videos I posted here
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
St. Regis BKK, one of my favourites. Has a BTS station outside the building connected by walkway, well located right next to a bunch of malls.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
St. Regis BKK, ....well located right next to a bunch of malls.
Next to BTS, yes.
But several long blocks to Central and Siam Paragon [I don't consider Penisula Plaza a mall]
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:34 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dtsm
Next to BTS, yes.
But several long blocks to Central and Siam Paragon [I don't consider Penisula Plaza a mall]
One BTS stop between the St. Regis and the mega malls of Siam Square. The St. Regis is directly connected to Ratchdamri BTS station through its second floor.

My favorite chained hotels are the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, the Grand Hyatt Erawan, and the newly opened Marriott Sukhumvit 57.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is spa cottage award option at GH?

otherwise st regis.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:41 am
Suspended

Peninsula is a chain, is it not?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: all
Best chain hotel in Bangkok?

Four seasons and the st Regis are up there
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by flyboy60
Peninsula is a chain, is it not?
It is, and so is MO.
But OP limited his option to SPG, Accor, Hyatt and Marriott.
Among those, St. Regis would be the best IMHO.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: all
Best chain hotel in Bangkok?

I love the st Regis but it is not the best location. I know location is so subjective in bkk depending on which part you want to be in and what you want to do
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:42 pm

I would do the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (great breakfast and the Lavana spa is just around the corner) or the Hyatt (nice set afternoon tea at the Hyatt Tea Room). I also like the location of the St Regis but I haven't stayed there.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
SGS Bangkok has an amazing breakfast imo. Best I've had anywhere.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
We have stayed at Grand Centrepoints Wireless and Rachadamri (multiple times; but not newest T21) and neither has disappointed. Location, value, facilities...all bueno, er, ดีมากๆ.

Last edited by CaptRobPhD; Oct 4, 2013 at 9:21 am Reason: Grammar police self-ticket.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by CaptRobPhD
We have stayed at Grand Centrepoints Wireless and Rachadamri (multiple times; but not newest T21) and have not been disappointed. Location, value, facilities...all bueno, er, ดีมากๆ.
Got to agree. I've stayed at 4 CPs & they were all great - T21 the 'Belle of the Ball'.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:14 am

Im going to Bangkok in December and will stay at either Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (SGS) or the neighbour hotel Sofitel Sukhumvit. Im a platinum member in both Starwood and Accor. Have stayed in both hotels some months ago, but never as a platinum in Starwood. Priceways Sofitel is a little bit cheaper than SGS. In sofitel I have always been upgraded to Club floor with access to lounge and free breakfast. Lounge is great. SGS is starting to show its age (at least the rooms), and the pool area is always full of people. SGS has no lounge that Im aware of. SGS breakfast is great.

Since Im now platinum in Starwood as well, which hotel is recommended?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tommyh80
Im going to Bangkok in December and will stay at either Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (SGS) or the neighbour hotel Sofitel Sukhumvit. Im a platinum member in both Starwood and Accor. Have stayed in both hotels some months ago, but never as a platinum in Starwood. Priceways Sofitel is a little bit cheaper than SGS. In sofitel I have always been upgraded to Club floor with access to lounge and free breakfast. Lounge is great. SGS is starting to show its age (at least the rooms), and the pool area is always full of people. SGS has no lounge that Im aware of. SGS breakfast is great.

Since Im now platinum in Starwood as well, which hotel is recommended?
If you want to be accosted by taxis and hookers then evenings at the Sofitel is your cup of tea. If not then I'd choose the SGS.

[Spoken only slightly tongue-in-cheek]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.