Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: DL EZ TG AS
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I'll share part of a PM that I recieved from a member...

I am all for a list of contacts, but I think thateach individual representative should be contacted and asked if they wish to have their information listed before it is added. How do others feel? Good idea?

TK, If I'm around, either in Bangkok or Phuket, it's a deal. It'd be great to see you again.
I think it's a great idea! Specially if those contacts can post upcoming events and promotions. That will be a two way benefit.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Starwood's Thailand growth mirrors rise in tourism market

The company currently owns and operates 16 hotels in Thailand, including four Sheraton hotels, one Four Points by Sheraton hotel, one W hotel, six Le Meridien hotels, two Westin hotels and two Luxury Collection hotels.

In the upcoming years, eight new hotels will be launched in Thailand. By the end of 2011, Thailand will be the second Asia Pacific market to represent eight of nine Starwood hotel brands.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/starwoods-t...90000-826.html
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:06 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Website's hotel price index reveals drop in room rates in Thailand

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/ne...es-in-thailand
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Apartment hunt

we are arriving in a week and going to look for an apartment in Bangkok to rent for a period of one to three months... can someone suggest a preferable way to find one?

We would aim at a medium to somewhat better level of accommodation - one bedroom at least - in a good location (eg BTS would be nice).

A trustworthy agent would be a start or a newspaper with adds or something like that...

The one recommendation I got is not bad - I assume there are much more

thanks in advance
Old May 2, 2011, 4:43 pm

What will be the best hotel to stay close to nana BTS station. last time we stayed at centerpoint wireless rd but this time i dont want to spend that $80.
any suggestions??
Price range i am thinking around $50.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:30 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Many hotels in that area. The Kingston Suites on Soi 15 (which is halfway between Nana & Asoke stations) is around that price range, but not the closest one. Four Points, Dream, and S15 are all on Soi 15. Soi 11 has the Presidents, Le Fenix, and a few more. Soi 4 has the Ibis which is certainly below your budget, while Soi 2, a bit further away has the Marriott, which will certainly be above your budget, but is a great hotel. Of course these are just a few of the places in the area.
Old May 3, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saatx
any suggestions??
In can recommend Mac Boutique Suites at Soi 7 ... there are also a couple of good budget hotel in Soi 8, like On 8 or Citadines or Adelphi Suite.

Every hotel mentioned is located within a 5 minute walk from BTS station Nana.

If you are willing to spend a little more money (around 100 $) you can stay at a 5-star hotel like the Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok (a former Sofitel), 3 minutes from Nana station
Old May 3, 2011, 11:10 am

thanks for the help i am thinking about adelphi suites i think its worth it to spend little extra for the comfort
Now same request for pattaya and what will be the best area to stay there?
I am thinking close to the beach and soi 2 Any suggestions?
Old May 3, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Many hotels in that area. The Kingston Suites on Soi 15 (which is halfway between Nana & Asoke stations) is around that price range, but not the closest one. Four Points, Dream, and S15 are all on Soi 15. Soi 11 has the Presidents, Le Fenix, and a few more. Soi 4 has the Ibis which is certainly below your budget, while Soi 2, a bit further away has the Marriott, which will certainly be above your budget, but is a great hotel. Of course these are just a few of the places in the area.
I agree with these suggestions and would add to the list any Citadines hotel, Legacy Express, and Furama.
Old May 4, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Adelphi Suites on soi 8 is my 'home away from home' when in BKK (3-4 times per year). I just left there yesterday morning, after a 2-week stay. AS is beginning to show some wear. It's still a good deal for the money. I like the executive apartment, the room numbers that end in -01. The location is hard to beat (although @8 Hotel is closer to the Nana BTS station, sitting right below the escalator... IF you can stand a cheap (new) room that has no windows... I'd be claustrophobic).
Old May 4, 2011, 8:01 am

I s kingston suites as good as it looks on the pics? i heard not to trust the pics What about S15? and what would you prefer b/w the two? Thanks in advance for your recommendation.
Old May 4, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
IBIS is way down Soi 4 and more than 5 minute walk to BTS , but its pretty new and cheap and I hear has a good cheap all you can eat lunch,

Rally
Old May 4, 2011, 6:55 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I have not stayed at the Kingston Suites, but trust the FlyerTalkers that I have that say it is GREAT value.

I have stayed many times at the IBIS and they are great for the price... A genuine 3 star (AAA 3 Diamond) hotel with small rooms, and an even smaller washroom, but I recommend it... IF the price is right. (I used to use the Advantage Plus card for its additional discount that it offers).

How strict are you that the hotel be in the Nana BTS area? Because by adding Asoke, you could easily get another dozen good choices. And Lung Suan area has great values like Natural Ville and the new Novotel too... to name just a few.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:50 pm

I have not stayed at the Kingston Suites, but trust the FlyerTalkers that I have that say it is GREAT value.

I have stayed many times at the IBIS and they are great for the price... A genuine 3 star (AAA 3 Diamond) hotel with small rooms, and an even smaller washroom, but I recommend it... IF the price is right. (I used to use the Advantage Plus card for its additional discount that it offers).

How strict are you that the hotel be in the Nana BTS area? Because by adding Asoke, you could easily get another dozen good choices. And Lung Suan area has great values like Natural Ville and the new Novotel too... to name just a few.
I think Asoke will work too if it gives me some good options
Old May 5, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Asoke is good because you also have the Metro - Subway station there.....

Rally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.