Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Once you become a mod or on Talkboard, that title replaces your post count title. You have to PM the Community Director to have both showing. Perhaps Spiff just doesn't care.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Once you become a mod or on Talkboard, that title replaces your post count title. You have to PM the Community Director to have both showing. Perhaps Spiff just doesn't care.
Correct; when someone is appointed as a moderator or TalkBoard member, the Community Director hand-edits the title from any automatically-generated one to reflect the member's status as a moderator or TalkBoard member.

Where the moderator or TalkBoard member had a special title before being appointed to the new position, the Community Director will incorporate it into the new title, but if the moderator or TalkBoard member passes a threshold after he or she already has a custom title, the software will not make any changes automatically, and the Community Director must manually update the title.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JDiver
Mods have their moderated fora display instead of any posting title.
Can't they have both? Or is this a statement about what most mods consider to be more important?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can't they have both?
Yes, they can.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Can't they have both? Or is this a statement about what most mods consider to be more important?
See Post 271 and 272
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As has been mentioned, technically we can. But most of us would have to "send a kite" to the Community Director to request any changes from what's there. Whether we do that or not may address your second question.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Perhaps Spiff just doesn't care.
That would be my guess. Mod & TB titles are based on FT duties. Evangelist & Legend are based on post count. Not everyone cares about titles based solely on post count. Or perhaps they don't care enough to ask the CD to manually adjust the titles. Or they might not have even noticed the post count title isn't under their handle - how many people actually look at their own handles after they've been created.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 20, 2014 at 7:09 am Reason: fix typos!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:03 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
how many people actually look at their own handles after they've been created.
Every day or ever?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Every day or ever?

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:15 am

Posting entirely personally, I'd like to see titles that acknowledge people earlier and encourage them. 1,000, 2.5k, 5k, 10k, 25k or so. Names, well, maybe start with
  • Active Member (1,000)
  • Contributing Member (2,500)
  • Involved Member (5,000)
  • Committed Member (10,000)
  • Distinguished Member (25,000)
etc. or the like.

You may have better titles - be my guest. No ego here, just a way of trying to acknowledge involvement earlier than we do now and avoid "Evangelist" - though "Posting Legend" is OK title IMO, though Leading Member, etc. might be OK as well.

(What's the difference between "involved" and "committed"? One wag put it thusly: when you had eggs and ham for breakfast today, the hen was involved; the pig was committed... )
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Posting entirely personally, I'd like to see titles that acknowledge people earlier and encourage them. 1,000, 2.5k, 5k, 10k, 25k or so. Names, well, maybe start with
  • Active Member (1,000)
etc. or the like.

You may have better titles - be my guest. No ego here, just a way of trying to acknowledge involvement earlier than we do now and avoid "Evangelist" - though "Posting Legend" is OK title IMO, though Leading Member, etc. might be OK as well.

(What's the difference between "involved" and "committed"? One wag put it thusly: when you had eggs and ham for breakfast today, the hen was involved; the pig was committed... )
^^

And 50,000: Addicted Member.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
^^

And 50,000: Addicted Member.
This is he!

Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
  • Active Member (1,000)
etc. or the like.

I like it although the term "committed" could lead to jokes about miles and points addicts being commited to (mental) institutions.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like it although the term "committed" could lead to jokes about miles and points addicts being commited to (mental) institutions.
...and those jokes would probably be funny because there's an element of truth to them.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jackal
...and those jokes would probably be funny because there's an element of truth to them.
IP addresses for posts from FTers in mental institutions? As employees of such institutions, or as patients medically-assigned to such facilities?

Given how large the population of FT members is, and given the frequency of metal illness in the general population of the world and the need to treat those illnesses, there probably is some of both. That said, my parents taught me it's not funny to joke about the health problems of people unless it's one's own health issues that are being downplayed.

That said, a general travel OCD wouldn't be the worst of things.

http://www.butf.com/belts.htm for posting levels?

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 22, 2014 at 1:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.