Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
All this talk of change... have anything been changed yet?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by agp423
Changed... to what? It seems we're debating whether there should be change, and the nature of the change, including possible tiers and names for them. (I'm not so sure that's a bad thing, because haste sometimes... well, you know.)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I don't know, changed to anything suggested over the course of the past 2+ years? Or changed in general?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... changed to anything suggested over the course of the past 2+ years?
Scroll back to around post 78 and you will see that there was ~2 year break in the discussion. Nothing has changed.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
If you want change, you have to convince 6 of the 9 TalkBoard members that it's a good thing.

I'm actually very, very much liking JDiver's recent suggestion. I am hopeful that we'll see some response to his idea from some of the current TalkBoard members.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jackal
If you want change, you have to convince 6 of the 9 TalkBoard members that it's a good thing.

I'm actually very, very much liking JDiver's recent suggestion. I am hopeful that we'll see some response to his idea from some of the current TalkBoard members.
I actually like JDiver's recent suggestion with maybe a bit of minor tweaking. I was going to bring it up in the TB forum, but I'm doing some real-life work this week so was going to wait a few days before doing so & to see if there was other input on his input.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is there some way to assign titles based on post per day? I liked Jdiver's idea of active member - but then realized there could be many here with 1K or more posts that could have been made over a long period of time. For 1K I think there should be a mix of 1K posts and X/posts per day or so.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is there some way to assign titles based on post per day? I liked Jdiver's idea of active member - but then realized there could be many here with 1K or more posts that could have been made over a long period of time. For 1K I think there should be a mix of 1K posts and X/posts per day or so.
What's the problem with someone making 1,000 posts over a long period of time?

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What's the problem with someone making 1,000 posts over a long period of time?

Cheers.
Gives the impression someone is good member when s/he could just be a lurker, coming primarily to get info, rather than contribute.

1K or 2.5K seem too small to be honored.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:52 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Gives the impression someone is good member when s/he could just be a lurker, coming primarily to get info, rather than contribute.

Making 1K or 2.5K in a short amount of time can equal someone who doesn't post much other than, "^" "" or "thanks" etc.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:12 pm

And there are many people who have been on FT for a while who don't have a gazillion posts that do contribute, but don't feel the need to reply just to up their post count if an answer has already been posted.

Given there are threads in the CommunityBuzz forum such as the "under 100 post club", "500 post club", "1,000 post club", "3,000 post club", "4,000 post club", "6,000 post club", "8,000 post club", "10,000 post club", "14,000 post club", I don't necessarily think other FTers will agree with you that 1K or 2.5K is 'too small to be honored'. Obviously being part of a post club is important to some FTers, even those with low post counts.

Currently the 2 titles that exist are based on post count alone. I think the new titles (if any are incorporated) will probably be based on that as well.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Believe it or not, I like JDiver's suggestions too. However, I would prefer that people who have an old title be given the option to retain theirs or not if they so choose.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
At least >1 post per day = active
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Making 1K or 2.5K in a short amount of time can equal someone who doesn't post much other than, "^" "" or "thanks" etc.
Not really, as that is post padding and many of those posts will be deleted (as when that happens to "speed up" one's post count to access various FT features). (As well, post counts can be reset by Admin.)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And there are many people who have been on FT for a while who don't have a gazillion posts that do contribute, but don't feel the need to reply just to up their post count if an answer has already been posted.

Given there are threads in the CommunityBuzz forum such as the "under 100 post club", "500 post club", "1,000 post club", "3,000 post club", "4,000 post club", "6,000 post club", "8,000 post club", "10,000 post club", "14,000 post club", I don't necessarily think other FTers will agree with you that 1K or 2.5K is 'too small to be honored'. Obviously being part of a post club is important to some FTers, even those with low post counts.

Currently the 2 titles that exist are based on post count alone. I think the new titles (if any are incorporated) will probably be based on that as well.

Cheers.
I think the post count generated title may be the easiest option for vB software. We know it's capable of it, though I don't know how much work it would take to modify what it does now.

My feeling about lower posts counts is the desire to acknowledge and encourage those who may have lower posts counts to further participate in discussions and contribute experiences, etc.

Trip Advisor does this at a much lower level, seeking to encourage and incentivise members to submit reports (since it's their bread and butter, so to speak). (A mere 21 reviews earns one the sobriquet of "Senior Contributor", and 50 for "Top Contributor" . I do not feel like a "Senior Contributor"! Hmm, at seventy next month, I MUST be.)

"Reviewer" was not something I suggested because we have no way of automatically quantifying reviews vs. posts. For TA, someone posted there:

Reviewer - 3-5 reviews

Senior Reviewer - 6-10 reviews

Top Reviewer - not seen

Contributor - 11-20 reviews

Senior Contributor - 21-49 reviews

Top Contributor - 50+ reviews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.