Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:15 pm
Community Director Emerita

From our tech guy, IBxAnders:

More than 10k posts = 300 users.
More than 40k posts = 13 users
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Random useless historical fact: during the first several months I was on FT back in 2000, the threshold for "Evangelist" was 250 posts
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Forced to guess, I would have put the Legends at 5 or 6 and the Evangelists much higher at 500+.

Interesting factoid. Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Random useless historical fact: during the first several months I was on FT back in 2000, the threshold for "Evangelist" was 250 posts
If someone met that standard in 2000 but then practically stopped posting and never reached 10,000 posts, was the person grandfathered in as an Evangelist? In fact, are there any Evangelists with less than 10,000 posts and, if so, how many?

This also raises the question of the grandfathering of titles when forums that previously counted no longer do. Was anyone denoted when there were changes in the way various OMNI threads counted? Does anyone know?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Is there a way to see these lists, the way we can see the list of current moderators? I'm a bit curious how many of theese folks are no longer active of FT.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was anyone denoted when there were changes in the way various OMNI threads counted? Does anyone know?
The entire board was reindexed at the time that counting guidelines changed for the Omnis. People's post counts changed and match current practices.

Is there a way to see these lists, the way we can see the list of current moderators? I'm a bit curious how many of theese folks are no longer active of FT.
No. However, I did see the list of 13. 11 of the 13 currently post. Several of the legends are identified in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ng-legend.html

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 6, 2014 at 9:51 pm
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Fewer than I would have thought too, though it makes me feel special to be 1 of 300 out of 500,000. Or the 10,000 or so who post actively.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If someone met that standard in 2000 but then practically stopped posting and never reached 10,000 posts, was the person grandfathered in as an Evangelist? In fact, are there any Evangelists with less than 10,000 posts and, if so, how many?

This also raises the question of the grandfathering of titles when forums that previously counted no longer do. Was anyone denoted when there were changes in the way various OMNI threads counted? Does anyone know?
I don't know if this applies universally, but the title for this user was grandfathered.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I don't know if this applies universally, but the title for this user was grandfathered.
There's a true legend who has just posted.

I noticed the title tonight that you mentioned. He was not among the 13 counted today. Your title is set automatically by the software. For all mods and company reps, software is not sufficiently complex to be able to indicate the position and the forum or company. It has to be handtyped in. And it has to be hand removed when appropriate. So at one point, this person had their handle entered by hand but the change in status went unnoticed.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I forgot that titles for moderators, ambassadors, (etc) are manual.

That explains the new legend that has a slightly different legend title than the rest.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:22 pm

That explains the new legend that has a slightly different legend title than the rest.
Thanks, now corrected.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?

Who knew I was part of such an elite* group

(or talkative - you decide )
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:23 am

I see Evangelist now on that profile, with somewhat over 33,000 posts, so it's been "fixed".

How did the new legend title appear before it was corrected to be consistent with the others.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp
While I have a feeling it's beyond what is easily possible for the site, it would be interesting to have the titles reflect where the user is most active. Something like 5,000 posts and the majority are in CC forums have a "Miles and Points Junkie" title. If they are in the Hotels category have "Mattress Connoisseur" if they are in Airlines maybe "Upgrade Champion." Just a thought, but I can already see the arguments against this.
Personally, I would be against this because it could be interpreted as denoting a particular expertise. Indicating a particular forum with a title would be even worse. Plus, some Evangelists and especially Legends "play the field" and post widely across many very different fora on FT.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Fewer than I would have thought too, though it makes me feel special to be 1 of 300 out of 500,000. Or the 10,000 or so who post actively.
Eh, I'm not that far away from Legend & I don't feel special given the title is based solely on post count. I feel special by being part of a great community like FT. I feel more special when I contribute info to FTers that is helpful & they say thanks for the info/help. Those are the things that make me feel special, not a title given just because my post count hits a certain number. But I realize it's different for others, especially on a BB where points/miles/elite levels are important.

On a dif note - I'm really surprised by how low the #s are for both Evangelist & Legend titles. Given how much angst there's been over people alledgedly post-padding, going for titles, etc, one would think there'd be a lot more E&Ls.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.