Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by behuman
fyi seat alert is free on expertflyer https://www.expertflyer.com/free-program
Oh, I did not know that. Thanks a lot for the info!

UPDATE
Got an email from LX on seats changed due to operational issues.

Looks like the plane is changed to A330 as the seat map now has single seat on the starboard side with Row 9 indicated as no window. Bummer!

LX put us on same row separated by the aisle - that means one of us would sit next to another passenger. We opted for 2 window seats instead. Many seats are taken already.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 20, 2020 at 6:54 pm
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Seat 10k - B777

Hi,

First time on this specific thread!

Does someone here have any review on seat 10K on SWISS B-777?

It was all I could get at on-line check-in for tomorrow LX 92 some 32 hours before the flight (since I have a feeder flight before: LIS-ZRH).

I tried to change my seat at T48, to get seat 4A or 7A or 9A, but it was not possible to change seats both on website and App.

At check-in online, there were only throne seats available on the right side of the plane (K seats).

So, this 10K seat is a “real“ throne seat or is a privacy seat with less space than the privacy seats on the left side?

Best regards,

Criske.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: Chase, United
I think the solo side business seats on 777 are the same on left and the right of the plane. They are all thrones in the same sense: two tables, left and right. Differences among solo seats on 777, in my experience, is just that

* bulkheads have more room and especially foot room
* bulkheads in the large cabin are potential baby bed areas.
* different seats are different distance from lavs and kitchens.

jk
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:44 am

10k looks like a perfectly fine throne, and I find thrones to be great.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:52 pm

First time traveling with the SO on Swiss A330 in business class. I skimmed through this thread but wasn't sure if there was a consensus as to which seats I should pick.

I have the options of 5A/B in the mini-cabin. And then 7A/B, 9A/B, and all the middle pairs in main cabin (except 6D/G).

4D/G are blocked currently, will they be available at T-24?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
First time traveling with the SO on Swiss A330 in business class. I skimmed through this thread but wasn't sure if there was a consensus as to which seats I should pick.

I have the options of 5A/B in the mini-cabin. And then 7A/B, 9A/B, and all the middle pairs in main cabin (except 6D/G).

4D/G are blocked currently, will they be available at T-24?
Depends a bit on whether you really want a window or want aisle access for both. I like the minicabin and would go for 5A/B and change only if 4D/G became available, checking already at T-48. If you want aisle access, book a middle pair now and look out for row 4 later.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by zoechow
10k looks like a perfectly fine throne, and I find thrones to be great.
I am here on LX92 just sitting on seat 10K and everything is perfect to me.

I was tempted to pay in advance for the throne seat, but thanks to this thread I did not commit this insanity!! I had paid for a business ticket, and never expected to pay for a seat!

The seat is much, much better than TAP A-330 Neo seats, and the service and food is also much better!

First time ever flying Swiss, and I am very happy with it!!

Best regards,

Criske
Yahtzee and zoechow like this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:07 pm

Great to hear! My last experience as well was that some thrones were available at t-48 and some, inexplicably as far as I could tell, were blocked. Maybe someday we will get as far as a map of what is most likely to work out. In the meantime, enjoy!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:58 pm

I searched this thread and had trouble finding a lot of discussion of seating in Y on the A330, but hope someone can answer my questions.

Am considering booking on the new ZRH-IAD daytime flight. All seats in rows 22, 23, and 29 are available for purchase. I like to be able to stretch my legs. I had the following questions:

1. I understand that 23D has a lot of legroom because there is no 22D. However, do people keep crashing into your legs due to the aisle running right in front?

2. Do 23ABJK have more legroom than 22DEG due to the lack of row 22 seats in front and how generous is the legroom in the bulkhead row? Is it possible to get out of 23A and 23K without disturbing one's seatmate?

3. Do the lavatories in front of row 29 open into the aisle or direclty in front of the seats? For 29AK, does the door bulge in and restrict the legroom?

4. Any general rec for the overall best seat(s) to pick?

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Quick question, do the seats that are reserved for HON/SEN members in the business class cabin become available for everyone 48 hours before takeoff?

Last edited by Granite64; Apr 2, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Often the "Throne" seats do become available when check in opens
Granite64 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:35 pm

Yes, they get available for everyone at T-48h.. edit: shouldn't open a thread and leave it for a while
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:35 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Granite64
Quick question, do the seats that are reserved for HON/SEN members in the business class cabin become available for everyone 48 hours before takeoff?
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Yes, they get available for everyone at T-48h.. edit: shouldn't open a thread and leave it for a while
Thrones are unlocked at T-48, While SEN/HON seats are only released at OLCI. This change was recently implemented together with the one that you can't access the seatmap online (or via call center agent) between T-48 and OLCI. Backoffice can still edit it though.

This is the case for most flights, although there are some reports with circumstances where the seatmap was available between OLCI and T-48 anyway.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Thrones are unlocked at T-48, While SEN/HON seats are only released at OLCI. This change was recently implemented together with the one that you can't access the seatmap online (or via call center agent) between T-48 and OLCI. Backoffice can still edit it though.

This is the case for most flights, although there are some reports with circumstances where the seatmap was available between OLCI and T-48 anyway.

So calling Swiss at T-48 to get the SEN/HON seats isn't possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.