Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:47 am

SWISS Keeps Changing Seats To Sit Us Together When We Don't Want To

Hi - apologies if this is in the wrong place or was answered elsewhere (I did look for a while...) but my wife and I often travel together but have different seating preferences that are more important than sitting together. For an upcoming shorthaul flight we paid for a window and an aisle exit row seat (it's an A320) - 11A and 11C. We are on the same reservation/PNR but do not have the same last name. However, SWISS has changed us to be sitting together in 11B and 11C. I have no idea why and absolutely hate middle seats.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change this in our preferences anywhere? Right now it says I have to contact the call center to change seats (not doing that as multiple times they have messed up our reservations) so I will have to wait until OLCI to change them. And, just in case this is relevant, we have auto check in enabled.

It's a short flight and not the end of the world this time but I really want to fix this as it seems like we've had seat changes for every single one of our EU flights over the last year (both Business and Economy).

Thanks for any help or guidance!
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Bulkhead non-throne vs non-bulkhead throne: discuss! :-)

Quick opinion sought...

ZRH - SIN
Me: 6'5", size 12, side sleeper who doesn't toss and turn but found it terribly annoying if you can't easily 'stand up and get out' from seats in bed mode (I'm not 30 anymore...). Prefers to sleep during a flight. Not looking to keep awake for the experience. Also not too bothered about window seats, but I do not really like aisle seats. *A Gold with SQ, so no free selection.

Currently in 6G because I learned here, that the bigger footwell makes all the difference. I also prefer a cooler cabin, and I read that row 6 might be just that: cooler.

When checkin opens I will of course snag 4A/7A/4G if available (unlikely). Almost all the reviews I read are raving about the throne seats, but I think those are not from frequent Swiss flyers, so here's my question:

Non-bulkhead throne or bulkhead G seat? And how much privacy from the aisle does the thingamajig between the seat and the aisle in rows G actually provide?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by henkybaby; Mar 16, 2024 at 8:00 am
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:54 pm

Beware of changing your seat reservation around or past the 48h mark from departure. This will result in losing your old reservation and not getting your new reservation. Also hotline can't fix it (according to one agent).
henkybaby likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:15 pm

Hi looking at advice/input on the J biz cabin on the A330-300. We're a group of 4 and are okay with side-by-side DG seats. I was looking at booking the last 2 rows (12DG and 14DG) as the mini cabin is full. But in some of the pictures I can find - it looks like the overhead storage bin above 14DG are half the size. Can anyone confirm if they'll fit standard carry-on? Our other option is to book first 2 rows (6DG and 7DG)....however I've read that these seats can be disrupted by the galley and bathrooms (and light filtering through the curtains that can make overnight sleeping difficult). Thoughts/advice? Thanks all.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by quarterpipe2001
Hi looking at advice/input on the J biz cabin on the A330-300. We're a group of 4 and are okay with side-by-side DG seats. I was looking at booking the last 2 rows (12DG and 14DG) as the mini cabin is full. But in some of the pictures I can find - it looks like the overhead storage bin above 14DG are half the size. Can anyone confirm if they'll fit standard carry-on? Our other option is to book first 2 rows (6DG and 7DG)....however I've read that these seats can be disrupted by the galley and bathrooms (and light filtering through the curtains that can make overnight sleeping difficult). Thoughts/advice? Thanks all.
Looks like you consulted seatGuru or similar. Go for 6 and 7, the light is no issue and you can use an eye mask just in case. The galley noise isn't bad and earplugs also work really well.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
FWIW: throne seats are pretty uncomfortable for sleep if you’re over, I would say, 190 cms tall. especially if you are a side sleeper and occasionally switch sides.

Better off with a middle aisle seat probably. Unless you can snag row 4 or 7 of course.

All in all, does a lot of things well, except the main thing I fly business for.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I've done it couple of years ago.

Just to confirm, UA MP elites can try to reserve a throne seat at online check-in, which would be T-24?

It's not looking good right now, just a couple of throne seats and no seats of any kind available on the first 10 rows.

So if I can't get one of the throne seats, do all the middle seats have aisle access? Or are they like the 2 seats by the windows where the passenger can only get to the aisle through the other seat?

IOW, if you have to take one of the paired-seats, the middle ones have aisle access for both seats but the ones on the side have aisle access for just one of the seat pairs?

Last edited by frappant; Apr 19, 2024 at 3:41 am
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by frappant
I've done it couple of years ago.

Just to confirm, UA MP elites can try to reserve a throne seat at online check-in, which would be T-24?

It's not looking good right now, just a couple of throne seats and no seats of any kind available on the first 10 rows.

So if I can't get one of the throne seats, do all the middle seats have aisle access? Or are they like the 2 seats by the windows where the passenger can only get to the aisle through the other seat?

IOW, if you have to take one of the paired-seats, the middle ones have aisle access for both seats but the ones on the side have aisle access for just one of the seat pairs?
OLCI is at T-23 but often available earlier.

All middle seats have aisle access. Half have the big table between the seat and the aisle, the other half only the armrest.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
OLCI is at T-23 but often available earlier.

All middle seats have aisle access. Half have the big table between the seat and the aisle, the other half only the armrest.
So if your meal isn't cleared from the table, you're trapped in the seat?

Or can the tables be partially rotated so that you could squeeze out in and out of the aisle?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:57 am

So if your meal isn't cleared from the table, you're trapped in the seat?

Or can the tables be partially rotated so that you could squeeze out in and out of the aisle?
You're overthinking this. Each seat in the middle pair has this big table at the side that you can use to put a tray/plate on if your wine consumption has accidentally exceeded bladder capacity .
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:12 am

Probably.

But I've been on some seats where the table does trap you inside.

So the big table is in addition to the regular table for holding the meal trays?

In the seat map, I could in even-numbered rows, the left seat in the middle pair has a gap to reach the aisle so presumably this is the big table. And vice versa for the odd-numbered rows.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:32 am

Probably.

But I've been on some seats where the table does trap you inside.

So the big table is in addition to the regular table for holding the meal trays?

In the seat map, I could in even-numbered rows, the left seat in the middle pair has a gap to reach the aisle so presumably this is the big table. And vice versa for the odd-numbered rows.
The table folds down out of the divider in the middle
frappant likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:58 am

Hmm, now the seat map only shows 11A and 17K available.

It's about T-63 now.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:01 am

I just checked in.

However, they assigned me a Throne seat already!

I guess they assigned me one of the remaining Throne seats because all other seats have been claimed?

I wonder what percentage of passengers will pony up the additional €239 or whatever it is to claim a Throne seat outside the T-24 window.
MichielR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.