Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Got a LAX-ZRH on the 77W in August. Any opinions on 4A vs 7K? For me a bulkhead seat is strongly preferred given the larger footwells. The only question is whether the single seat and mini cabin are worth the $200 fee to snag 4A in advance. 4K is not available.

FWIW I do prefer the mini cabin over the main cabin, but it is not as strong a preference as bulkhead/non-bulkhead.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
FWIW I do prefer the mini cabin over the main cabin, but it is not as strong a preference as bulkhead/non-bulkhead.
If you already have experienced both cabins, then the only question remains: is this preference worth $200 to you? (For me, it wouldn't be)

And for what it's worth: I deliberately chose 4D over 4A a couple of days ago on the same route. Being a side sleeper, the thrones feel too narrow for me.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I would not pay the $200 for the seating, I would wait 48 hours prior to trip and see if they open up..
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goliath
If you already have experienced both cabins, then the only question remains: is this preference worth $200 to you? (For me, it wouldn't be)

And for what it's worth: I deliberately chose 4D over 4A a couple of days ago on the same route. Being a side sleeper, the thrones feel too narrow for me.
I should say that I have experienced both cabins on non-LX aircraft. This will be my first time on any LX aircraft, though I assume the difference in the two cabins is almost the same across all airlines.

If the bulkhead weren't so important to me, I'd be fine leaving this to T-48, when I expect there to be at least a few throne seats left. However, I think any of the non-bulkhead thrones are a nonstarter, so we're looking at two thrones that I'd pick: 4A or 7A.

Last edited by dkc192; Apr 23, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:25 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Don't pay them the 200$... They will feel justified in asking for such prices for seat reservation in Business Class then!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Don't pay them the 200$... They will feel justified in asking for such prices for seat reservation in Business Class then!
My next flight on LX is just about zero’ed out in C but there are 12 seats open on the seatmap: all thrones or preferred seats. Good for SEN or HON making a late booking and for those who haven’t had a seat assignment yet.
bawm likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Nick Art
At least it used to be that way... But on all the flights I just checked on swiss.com they are still blocked even after T-48... Weird.
Any recent updates as to whether row 4 is still blocked to non-elites inside of T-48?
Old May 3, 2019, 11:40 pm

Flying LX 65 on July 1st, on A330-300. Flying with SO, first time in business so would like to sit next to each other. What are good seats to pick? We're in 12DG now, but I see 9DG and 11DG are open, and so are 14AB. I'm thinking of switching to 14AB since we like to peek through the window and don't mind just one armrest? Any specific downsides to 14 as the last row, or anything else AB specific? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2019, 1:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Any recent updates as to whether row 4 is still blocked to non-elites inside of T-48?
Yep, sadly that's still the case. The only seat available in row 4 is 4A that could be purchased outside of T-48.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
is 6k a good seat, I'm traveling alone on the A330 to Zurich and continue to Delhi on both segments in 6k, should I choose the aisle seat instead?
Old May 7, 2019, 9:22 pm

Booked a round trip on LX for a family of four across the Atlantic and 5AB and 6DG. My little brother is young so I wanted him in an “inside” seat as I don’t want him having direct access to the aisle.

7AB, 7D is booked and given we have a tight 50 minute connection in ZRH (from E gates to A gates I’m assuming YUL-ZRH-VIE), thought it might be worth it to seat us all as close to the door as possible. Flight’s in late December so a little concerned about weather delays. Can anyone chime in?

I’ve flown by myself before (6A) and remember lots of ppl walking past to use the lavatories so on the return YUL-ZRH booked 11AB, 11DG as row 14 was blocked.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Dhamal
is 6k a good seat, I'm traveling alone on the A330 to Zurich and continue to Delhi on both segments in 6k, should I choose the aisle seat instead?
On the A333, 6K is a bulkhead single seat with an armrest between the aisle and the seat and a large table between the window and the seat.

It is among the better seats for solo travelers that is available for ASR without a fee/without status.

I would keep it and check at OLCI if something else becomes available.
Dhamal likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Chase, United
I’m confused at seemingly conflicting info on the seatplan of the 777 business, in particular the minicabin 4d and 4g. On the Swiss site plan (and seatguru too) 4g is shown as the exposed to aisle seat, 4d having two tables:
https://www.swiss.com/us/EN/fly/fleet/boeing

but the seat map I am offered when choosing seats (not that I, a non sen, am allowed to book these seats prior to t-48), and the pic linked, it is the reverse: 4d is exposed and 4g has two tables
https://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/...7/DSC05832.jpg

which is it? Was it changed? In any case, of more practical relevance for non sen passengers, we can count on the main j cabin seatplan being stable, e.g. 14d has two tables?

thanks!
zc
Old May 19, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
4D is "exposed", 4G is closed on both sides - as in the linked "real life" picture.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zoechow
I’m confused at seemingly conflicting info on the seatplan of the 777 business, in particular the minicabin 4d and 4g. On the Swiss site plan (and seatguru too) 4g is shown as the exposed to aisle seat, 4d having two tables:
https://www.swiss.com/us/EN/fly/fleet/boeing

but the seat map I am offered when choosing seats (not that I, a non sen, am allowed to book these seats prior to t-48), and the pic linked, it is the reverse: 4d is exposed and 4g has two tables
https://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/...7/DSC05832.jpg

which is it? Was it changed? In any case, of more practical relevance for non sen passengers, we can count on the main j cabin seatplan being stable, e.g. 14d has two tables?

thanks!
zc
Make sure to check at T-48, but recent experience showed that the SEN reserved seats (only the buyable blue throne seats become available) do not become available at T-48 anymore, but only at OLCI! So don't panic if you can't select them at T-48 hours, you will be able to do so at OLCI and if you can't select them there either, the Check-In Desk or Gate Desk should be able to help. Please report back!
zoechow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.