Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:23 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by exp
Are there any plans for LX to go to 1-2-1 layout?

So I am flying GVA-ZRH-SFO. Does that mean when I can check in for the flights, I should be able to pick?

GVA flight departs 3 hours before the ZRH-SFO flight.

Also I'm currently in Annecy, which is less than an hour drive from GVA but apparently ZRH is one hour ahead.
so you will be able to check-in for the LAX flight 27 hours before departure. Switzerland and France are in the same time zone.

no plans to go 1-2-1 on the 777 as far as I know.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:13 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
OK, I checked manage booking and it still displays the 23 hours message.

But when I check in online, it has a page to select seats and I was able to grab 16A. 11A and 7A were also available as well as 17K.

Odd, I tried sending mobile pass both to email and phone and it gets internal server error so I will need to get it printed as well as baggage tag since I don't have access to a printer where I'm staying.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:09 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by exp
OK, I checked manage booking and it still displays the 23 hours message.
yes, but that is 23 (actually 24) hours prior to your GVA departure, which is 27h prior to LAX.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:42 am

any news on LX a330 refurbishment? Or which (if any) are leaving?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:47 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Definitely worth getting the throne seat.

process of choosing one is a PITA but well worth it.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
You can‘t grab seats for free outside the check-in window which is T-24 (unless you through check from another flight, then typically T-36, which could be the indicator why the throne seat was taken). Ever since LX moved from the PARS System in 2016 and DCS in 2017 (I worked for the IT provider) to Amadeus/Altea you cannot book seats within these 48 hours as I have noticed. I presume they do not have a common seat map to handle the situation as the former system did (unbelievable actually). Seating and re-seating is generally still a big issue at Amadeus, they cannot handle this well enough.
I am a little over 47 hours from my flight and checking just now am able to select throne seats for free. At OLCI (~24hrs) the HON reserve seats will open up as well for anyone to book
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ckaught78
I am a little over 47 hours from my flight and checking just now am able to select throne seats for free. At OLCI (~24hrs) the HON reserve seats will open up as well for anyone to book
interesting that they do not reserve the throne seats for HON...
Frankly I also do not understand that throne seats are overhyped... because they have a more tight footwell, I find them rather inconvenient, in particular during sleeping
good is the bulk head throne seat, which has a larger footwell....I do not mind the proximity to galley and lavatory
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:39 am
formerly a193991

LX and LH having seating issues

Although I am SEN, I am unable to book the "stared" preffered seats in a reservation.
I made another mileage booking and am also unable to block the preferred seats. i called up the M&M team and the agent was also unable to book the available preferred seat. He told me they are having lots of seating issues since many weeks (if not months), and he has to send in a request to have them blocked.

Just FYI should you be wondering. I presume everyone will have these issues.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:57 pm

Although I am SEN, I am unable to book the "stared" preffered seats in a reservation.
I thought those with a star are just for HON?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:34 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I thought those with a star are just for HON?
no for SEN and HON. See screenshot. There can‘t be that many HON either to justify blocking so many seats.

in the mean time LX confirmed my seat assignments on all segments.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 6:12 am

no for SEN and HON. See screenshot. There can‘t be that many HON either to justify blocking so many seats.
thanks!
then I will use this privilege on my next long haul, if not suddenty F seats get available for that flight
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:08 am

throne seats on LX 777 have a pretty tight footwell, right? do the bulk head seats (7A and 4A) have a larger footwell (like for example on OS)?
the throne seats are still free to reserve for HON and SEN, right?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by BinSabai
throne seats on LX 777 have a pretty tight footwell, right? do the bulk head seats (7A and 4A) have a larger footwell (like for example on OS)?
the throne seats are still free to reserve for HON and SEN, right?
yes yes and yes

Narrow foot wells only for seats that are directly behind the table between the two seats in a pair. Only thrones have this therefore but not the bulkheads.

NB on the airbus fleet, the single K seats are not thrones so don’t have this issue. However, half of them are open to the aisle instead.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
yes yes and yes

Narrow foot wells only for seats that are directly behind the table between the two seats in a pair. Only thrones have this therefore but not the bulkheads.

NB on the airbus fleet, the single K seats are not thrones so don’t have this issue. However, half of them are open to the aisle instead.
thanks!
just changed to 7A for my next long haul
MichielR likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan Basic; BA Executive Club Blue;
Travelling in economy from Chicago-Zurich at the end of December on the B777-300. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to sit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.