Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
on a day flight ZRH NBO in J (A330) and just wondering if 6DG bulkhead Seat’s are a good choice (No pair available in mini cabin)

We can shift back to Row 7 if that would mean improved legroom or much quieter or if the IFE screens aren’t quite so good etc

What would other couples pick?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Row 6 has the best legroom in the cabin (together with row 4), don't move to row 7.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by goliath
Row 6 has the best legroom in the cabin (together with row 4), don't move to row 7.
Great. Thank you (We are in 7 for the return)
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold

Sorry for the size of the screenshot, but could someone explain me why the row 11 to 12 were not available for me as FTL, but for two of my friends (no status - not that I think it matters). Is this just a IT glitch ? We were booked in exactly the same class.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
At T-24, J was wide open so I got 4A on a 333. Assuming that's the best single traveler seat? 5K/7K only has one desk and rows 8+ are closer to wings&engine (with 6A taken)
zoechow likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
At T-24, J was wide open so I got 4A on a 333. Assuming that's the best single traveler seat? 5K/7K only has one desk and rows 8+ are closer to wings&engine (with 6A taken)
HA! never mind, got upgraded to F at check in and now sitting in 2A! And that on an Aeroplan miles redemption... Hype!
Happy, goliath, zoechow and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: Chase, United
HA! never mind, got upgraded to F at check in and now sitting in 2A! And that on an Aeroplan miles redemption... Hype!
Woah - congrats! I wonder if whoever is in 4A gets upgraded first?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoechow
Woah - congrats! I wonder if whoever is in 4A gets upgraded first?
That's what I was thinking too. At least four other people in F were upgraded too (they were discussing it), so with 5 F-upgrades either the flight was HEAVILY oversold or it was an LX Merry Christmas present
zoechow likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: Chase, United
That's what I was thinking too. At least four other people in F were upgraded too (they were discussing it), so with 5 F-upgrades either the flight was HEAVILY oversold or it was an LX Merry Christmas present
Sounds like both to me!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:56 am

Hi, we are traveling ZRH to JFK on their A330 business. There are 6 of us all couples and was wondering if the two seats by the window or the middle with the extra arm rest are preferred? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:33 am

What's your experience in the bulkhead row of business class on the A330-300? I'm wondering if it might be more comfortable for sleeping as you do not need to stick your feet into the foot-pocket of the seat ahead. I will be with my wife and we have the center pair of seats in Row 6.

I'm also wondering if other PAX would be so cheeky as to use that area between seat and bulkhead to cut over from one aisle to the other.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:14 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
Hi, we are traveling ZRH to JFK on their A330 business. There are 6 of us all couples and was wondering if the two seats by the window or the middle with the extra arm rest are preferred? Thanks.
The middle ones are preferred because of the additional shelf. Keep in mind that on the seats that are open to the aisle people sometimes bump in to you if they are mot careful. But if you as a couple would like to enjoy a window the only option would be to opt for A B seats.
Originally Posted by Grand_Tour_18
What's your experience in the bulkhead row of business class on the A330-300? I'm wondering if it might be more comfortable for sleeping as you do not need to stick your feet into the foot-pocket of the seat ahead. I will be with my wife and we have the center pair of seats in Row 6.

I'm also wondering if other PAX would be so cheeky as to use that area between seat and bulkhead to cut over from one aisle to the other.
They have more room for the feet indeed and are therefore some of the best Business seats for couples on te A330. Don't worry. When people see the seats occupied they certainly won't cut over.
gogiantsfan11 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Choice of First class seat on A330

Hi,
First time to fly on Swiss and first time flying First on Swiss as well.
Night time flight from Delhi to Zurich with the wife.
Would people recommend 1A/ 2A or 2D/G (which we are assigned currently to)?
Thank you for any advice.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi,
First time to fly on Swiss and first time flying First on Swiss as well.
Night time flight from Delhi to Zurich with the wife.
Would people recommend 1A/ 2A or 2D/G (which we are assigned currently to)?
Thank you for any advice.
Definitely the middle seats if you're flying with your wife. (Unless you plan to not talk to her all flight, in which case... good luck!)

(note: you CAN choose to dine together even if sitting in different rows)
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Definitely the middle seats if you're flying with your wife. (Unless you plan to not talk to her all flight, in which case... good luck!)

(note: you CAN choose to dine together even if sitting in different rows)
Thank you😀
Normally prefer the window seat for the views but since it is mostly night, shouldn’t make a difference.
Will stick to the middle seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.