Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Because half of the single non-throne seats are not reserved for Sen/HON.
Pic of the seatmap for the day after tomorrow of the 9 am ZRH to JFK flight:

It's within th eT-48 window and as you can see 4A is free to be assigned, while the Sen/HON reserved seats are not!
That’s exactly what I meant. I saw this in Jan, and even still I was able to get those seats (with the table on the aisle) assigned by calling in.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:07 pm

Just FYI: If you're SEN/HON and booking a LX flight where you *should* enjoy free ASR but the system is asking for CHF to grant your wish, just call the hotline. Had a nice quick talk with BSL (?) and the agent did pretty much confirm me that they're having issues with any booking not done straight through swiss.com and elite pax seat reservation "discounts".
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Nick Art

It's within th eT-48 window and as you can see 4A is free to be assigned, while the Sen/HON reserved seats are not!
How is 4A not a SEN seat?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:00 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by escape4
How is 4A not a SEN seat?
It’s a Throne seat and those can be bought for 250.- bucks. Even mighty 4A.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I'm most concerned with 4D/4G, so any data points there would be appreciated.
zoechow likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:39 pm

I'll be flying LX for the first time this fall and I'd really appreciate some input on a few questions.
There are 6 of us and we'll be in Y. Are 23 AB, DE, and JK our best options for extra legroom?
Once I have this flight ticketed, will I be able to pay to select these seats, or are they usually held back for those with status?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Rene23
I'll be flying LX for the first time this fall and I'd really appreciate some input on a few questions.
There are 6 of us and we'll be in Y. Are 23 AB, DE, and JK our best options for extra legroom?
Once I have this flight ticketed, will I be able to pay to select these seats, or are they usually held back for those with status?
We would need a route to answer that
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

We would need a route to answer that
Oops! It’s ZRH to ORD.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The route still doesn't do it in this case, as ORD is served by both 77W and 333...
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by goliath
The route still doesn't do it in this case, as ORD is served by both 77W and 333...
Indeed & the 777 packs them in like sardines
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
But row 23 is the first row in Y in both of these planes, marked as extra legroom in both. Difference is 2-4-2 or 3-4-3...
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR
But row 23 is the first row in Y in both of these planes.
Actually, row 23 on the windows and row 22 in the middle section.

Difference is 2-4-2 or 3-4-3...
Which does make a difference if you are trying to seat 6 pax travelling together, no?

My point is: if you want to get useful advice, please post all the details.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

Which does make a difference if you are trying to seat 6 pax travelling together, no?

Agree on the detail and stand corrected in row 22. As OP asked about 23 AB, DE, and JK as best options for extra legroom to me this indicates the legroom is more important than adjacent seats - close is good enough.

To to answer the question: these extra legroom seats won’t be bookable without a charge of between 60 and 115 CHF per seat.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:33 am

You're right. Apologies for not being specific enough. It was probably too late for me to have been posting. It is an A-333 aircraft.

Agree on the detail and stand corrected in row 22. As OP asked about 23 AB, DE, and JK as best options for extra legroom to me this indicates the legroom is more important than adjacent seats - close is good enough.

To to answer the question: these extra legroom seats won’t be bookable without a charge of between 60 and 115 CHF per seat.
We are traveling as 3 couples with 3 persons over 6 ft. tall, so yes, to the more legroom being more important. We'd like to be close to each other, but not necessarily all adjacent, so the 2-4-2 is actually preferred, especially with 23D. I considered row 29, but the proximity to the bathrooms (and lines of people waiting for them) makes 23 seem like the better choice. The center seat of row 22 is blocked out already for our flight, so that's not an option.

My concern was whether or not the option to purchase these would be offered at booking, or if they hold them for those with status until closer in to the flight. Glad to hear we would be able to secure them.
Thank you for the help. Much appreciated!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: Chase, United
777: 6g vs 12g

Going LAX to TXL. Managed to move from LH via FRA to LX vIa ZRH. progress.

now for seats. Have 12g. Is 6g better? Bigger footwell. But: noisier in general? Do bassinets mean a possibility of being bumped to worse seat if a baby shows up? Or risk that a baby would be in 6d!? Which would you choose?

thanks!

p.s. I can’t figure out how to search a thread in flyertalk for “6g”. Google search doesn’t seem to land you on the right page. Is there any way to get a full thread, all the pages loading at once to text search?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.