Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:45 am

Two of us will be traveling in business class on Swiss to Nairobi on their A-300-300 . Does any one know which pair of seats are better than the others?

I understand that the window-aisle pair of seats on the 777-300ER are narrower. Is this the case on the A-300-300?

I have a couple of options: 5D and 5G or 6D and 6G on both sectors. Which do you prefer?

Last edited by iker; Sep 3, 2018 at 10:58 am Reason: provide more detail
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: LX SEN
5D and 5G are too close to the lavs in my view. I would take row 6 or, even better, further behind.

I do not mind the A & B seats when I am traveling with Ms. Nic, as the seats themselves are not narrowever and A gets the window. They just lack one large armrest compared to the D & G seats, and A has no aisle access which is not an issue for a couple.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:50 am

I'm traveling in business class on Swiss' Airbus 321 and the CS300. Do the bulkhead seats have less legroom or is it better to get a row of seats further back?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by iker
I'm traveling in business class on Swiss' Airbus 321 and the CS300. Do the bulkhead seats have less legroom or is it better to get a row of seats further back?
The best way to answer this is that they have less legroom but more kneespace.

While the bulkheads don’t allow a stretch of legs under the non-existent seat in front, there is no knee bumping either.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:31 am

Thank you, Michiel
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:20 am

hey there,
I am booked on LX 161 NRT-ZRH in C but on the NH codeshare. I can't assign seats on the LX website even though its an LX flight but managed to reserve my seats on the NH website. I took 8G for now as its not directly in the aisle and not too close to the toilet/galley like row 6 and not too close to the toilet/galley like row 5. (So many things to consider!) The usual throne and odd-numbered K 'true' window seats, as well as row 4 in the Stübli are blocked as expected.
My questions:
1) at T-48, when the better seats get unblocked, who should I contact to reserve them? LX website, call center or NH website? Will the unblocking be correctly reflected on the NH website if I go there to change my seat? Or does LX have access to assign me seats even if booked on the NH codeshare?
2) I did a dummy booking right now on LX.com to see how T-48 works, interestingly I see that throne seats are available for free but the odd-numbered K seats in the main cabin and all of row 4 are still blocked with a gold star (SEN/HON only). I thought everything that isn't taken becomes available?

3) unrelated question, but looking at those dummy bookings, NRT seems to sell very well in all classes and can command quite a high price, why doesn't LX send the 77W there? Seems odd they send their oldest, least premium product to such a mature premium market, and send their 77W to places like BKK and TLV...

Many thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:04 am

Hello everyone,<br /><br />I am currently booked on a round trip from Zurich to Hong Kong on Swiss 777-300er in J, it's my first time with them and looking around i realized there's a lot of variance among the seat quality. Since i am traveling alone i would opt for a throne seat, but i refuse forking out a further 400Eur on a business fare so i was wondering whether you can suggest me some seats to select now in case i wont be able to get a throne 48 hrs before departure.<br /><br />I am currently in a 16D and 12G since the smaller cabin was full already and these 2 seemed to offer more separation from the aisle and the privilege of not having to step on anyone. <br /><br />What do you think?<br /><br />Thanks a lot
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: LXFF
If you can't get a single window seat, then I would get a middle seat before a twin window seat...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
3) unrelated question, but looking at those dummy bookings, NRT seems to sell very well in all classes and can command quite a high price, why doesn't LX send the 77W there? Seems odd they send their oldest, least premium product to such a mature premium market, and send their 77W to places like BKK and TLV...
I think you answered your own question. For some reason LX has very good load factors on the NRT flight and has for years. Just look at the promotions, NRT is almost always excluded. There are a few regulars in F that add to the bottom line as well.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ced_lx
I think you answered your own question. For some reason LX has very good load factors on the NRT flight and has for years. Just look at the promotions, NRT is almost always excluded. There are a few regulars in F that add to the bottom line as well.
yes, I see your point as in, they don't have to make any effort and people still buy their tickets, but wouldn't they have higher margins if they sent the 77W to NRT? I think they would have no problem filling that plane and with the high fares and lower operating costs per seat on the 77W, they would make a killing on that route? if I am not mistaken, this is the only east asian destination where they have a monopoly?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:33 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I think NRT will be the next destination to receive 77W seevice as soon as LX gets their last two B77Ws.
Currently I guess it’s just a timetable issue. (a rotation to NRT takes about 5 hours longer than to BKK) and for a 1pm departure time there’s maybe just no plane available.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:02 pm

yes, I see your point as in, they don't have to make any effort and people still buy their tickets, but wouldn't they have higher margins if they sent the 77W to NRT? I think they would have no problem filling that plane and with the high fares and lower operating costs per seat on the 77W, they would make a killing on that route? if I am not mistaken, this is the only east asian destination where they have a monopoly?
Sure, but the way I see it, they have better margins on the NRT route so it makes the 343 economically viable. Don't get me wrong, this is out of necessity, SWISS would have replaced all 343's had they had their way... in the end i'm only guessing
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I think NRT will be the next destination to receive 77W seevice as soon as LX gets their last two B77Ws.
Currently I guess it’s just a timetable issue. (a rotation to NRT takes about 5 hours longer than to BKK) and for a 1pm departure time there’s maybe just no plane available.
do you know when the last 2 77Ws are arriving?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:55 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
do you know when the last 2 77Ws are arriving?
Yes, I do.
Delivery is expected in 2020.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art

Yes, I do.
Delivery is expected in 2020.
damn, i booked LX 161 for August 2019...lol
Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.