Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
damn, i booked LX 161 for August 2019...lol
Thanks for the info.
The 343 will be refurbished by then. It will actually have the more recent interior, design wise.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ced_lx
The 343 will be refurbished by then.
Fingers crossed...
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by ced_lx
The 343 will be refurbished by then. It will actually have the more recent interior, design wise.
oh, that's good news, but I thought the retrofit is only for the F cabin? I was under the impression that C class won't be retrofitted...? I am booked in C...
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: LXFF
The entire aircraft will be refurbished, this has been confirmed. The delays is actually because of the F cabin.
rosenkavalier likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:31 am

so actually, once the retrofit is completed, the A340 will be the nicest plane to fly in C and Y...
simply due to the layout and engine noise. the 77W has approx. double the number of non-aisle access seats in C and Y (12 vs. 5 in C total and 6 vs. 4 per row in Y and more rows altogether+ 10 abreast squeeze)
in F, I guess the main thing will be whether the mysterious 2nd toilet will materialize. (seems to be hotly debated on forums). The sliding door closet of the suite is probably not too important to the overall experience.
The 4 hair dryer CFM56 are certainly quieter than the 2 GE90s from row 6 onwards.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:50 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
so actually, once the retrofit is completed, the A340 will be the nicest plane to fly in C and Y...
simply due to the layout and engine noise. the 77W has approx. double the number of non-aisle access seats in C and Y (12 vs. 5 in C total and 6 vs. 4 per row in Y and more rows altogether+ 10 abreast squeeze)
in F, I guess the main thing will be whether the mysterious 2nd toilet will materialize. (seems to be hotly debated on forums). The sliding door closet of the suite is probably not too important to the overall experience.
The 4 hair dryer CFM56 are certainly quieter than the 2 GE90s from row 6 onwards.
I do agree! I‘m so looking forward to trying the new layout out on the A343!

There will be a second toilet. This is a fact and not subject to debate anymore.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art

I do agree! I‘m so looking forward to trying the new layout out on the A343!

There will be a second toilet. This is a fact and not subject to debate anymore.
now, if they can only sort out the certification issues with their F seat and actually start the retrofit!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

now, if they can only sort out the certification issues with their F seat and actually start the retrofit!
I hope they will use them first on some short hauls, if yes I will be definetly booking one of these flights. (And most probably try and fail to talk the agents into assigning me an F seat).

We could even do a small Swiss Flyertalk partyplane Do in that case :P

If not I will just wait for the next partner specials to check it out.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:17 am

Quick question prior to a seating question: LX7 appears to be exclusively A333, while LX9 is mostly 777 except Tuesday and Thursdays. Is this equipment pattern expected to hold through early 2019? (Booking would suggest almost everything is scheduled as an A333). Thanks for any insight.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:38 am

I hope they will use them first on some short hauls, if yes I will be definetly booking one of these flights. (And most probably try and fail to talk the agents into assigning me an F seat).

We could even do a small Swiss Flyertalk partyplane Do in that case :P

If not I will just wait for the next partner specials to check it out.
I think the A340 is sent to do some random european flights on a regular basis...just a question to figure which days/flights will be featured.
A small DO onboard would be nice! like on a GVA-ZRH or something...and then go home on CFF 2nd class...lol
Nick Art likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think the A340 is sent to do some random european flights on a regular basis...just a question to figure which days/flights will be featured.
A small DO onboard would be nice! like on a GVA-ZRH or something...and then go home on CFF 2nd class...lol
I wouldn‘t call it regular basis tbh... Altough today an A333 was sent to fly Pula - Zurich. It happens quite infrequently and is not always sheduled sadly.

Yeah, I got my GA, so I‘m on board!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:34 am

I wouldn‘t call it regular basis tbh... Altough today an A333 was sent to fly Pula - Zurich. It happens quite infrequently and is not always sheduled sadly.

Yeah, I got my GA, so I‘m on board!
ah, if not as regular as I thought and usually not scheduled in advance then probably difficult to organise...I guess we will have to do one on terra firma first :-)
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hi all,

Some questions from an inexperienced LX traveler (used to fly them many moons ago...)

1. Any difference in cost between choosing and paying for a seat during booking, and choosing one afterward through "Manage my booking"? I ask because with BA the price goes up if not paid for during booking (for none status passengers).

2. Assume when booking through third party, I would still have full access to my booking and managing it, including seat choice?

3. At what point (if at all) do the throne seats on the 77W (or 330 for that matter) become available for free?

Thanks,
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
1. No difference.

2. If booked on a LX flight number (no codeshare) and you get the LX PNR, yes.

3. 48h before departure.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.