Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
6DG - much more legroom.

The IFE screen is in the wall in front of you.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Thanks, I assume this advice for mkt80 for A330 is pretty much same for A340.

Last edited by blueman2; Jul 17, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by goliath
6DG - much more legroom.

The IFE screen is in the wall in front of you.
Thanks for the advice. I was going to ask if the distance to the IFE screen makes it uncomfortable to control via touch, but then remembered how terrible the screens are on the A330 and also how limited the IFE selection is, making this a moot point
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
For my return leg from ZRH-SFO on 777, I now have 5A+5B. Would 12D+12G be better? I guess it is a trade off of dual aisle access vs mini-cabin privacy.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by blueman2
For my return leg from ZRH-SFO on 777, I now have 5A+5B. Would 12D+12G be better? I guess it is a trade off of dual aisle access vs mini-cabin privacy.
I tend to go for dual-aisle access on overnight flights and mini-cabin privacy for daytime flights. So I'd stay in 5AB for your ZRH-SFO, but would totally grab 12DG for SFO-ZRH.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
A330 Business Class seat Question

How close are 5 A/B to the galley on the A330?

Seems like the front cabin might have a few advantages, but are they close enough for one to be disturbed by the clanging of the dishes/ appliances and the light from the galley? Someone on Seatguru also mentioned the sound of flushing from the restroom interfering with a decent night's rest.

The remaining choice is the last row in J. Would that be better?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by knit-in
How close are 5 A/B to the galley on the A330?

Seems like the front cabin might have a few advantages, but are they close enough for one to be disturbed by the clanging of the dishes/ appliances and the light from the galley? Someone on Seatguru also mentioned the sound of flushing from the restroom interfering with a decent night's rest.

The remaining choice is the last row in J. Would that be better?

Many thanks!
No issues in my experience. Earplugs work well enough to block any ambient noise, whether from 2 m or 3 m behind. Light is usually worse if coming from in front than from behind you in any case.

Last row will not be better.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by MichielR
No issues in my experience. Earplugs work well enough to block any ambient noise, whether from 2 m or 3 m behind. Light is usually worse if coming from in front than from behind you in any case.

Ok, then. ^

Thank you very much for your response.

The reason, other than the SeatGuru reviews, that I asked was that I had this not so great flight once on Austrian, sitting on the "throne" in the last row of J on a 777. That seat was very close to the galley.

Last edited by knit-in; Aug 1, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by MichielR

Thanks for that. I had similar question...5DG or 9DG for a couple on the A330 ZRH-NBO and back.

To sleep we'll have eye shades and earplugs anyway. Why not enjoy the mini cabin.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Best seats in First for solo travelers

Can anyone advise on whether they have a preference for 1A/K vs. 2A/K on the 777?

2A/K seem like they would have less noise as they are away from the galley and there is a gap between them and mini business cabin (which is usually quiet anyway).

I'd appreciate people's advice. Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
777-300er throne seats

In MMB seat selection, the 777-300er single 'throne' seats look wider on the left hand side of the business class cabin than on the right hand side. Is there a difference, and if so, which side is considered best?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
In MMB seat selection, the 777-300er single 'throne' seats look wider on the left hand side of the business class cabin than on the right hand side. Is there a difference, and if so, which side is considered best?
Thank you in advance for your help!
There is/was some error in some seatmaps on swiss.com (though I thought they had corrected it). Single throne seats are the same on both sides of the business class cabin as you will see here.

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/fly/fleet/boeing
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There is/was some error in some seatmaps on swiss.com (though I thought they had corrected it). Single throne seats are the same on both sides of the business class cabin as you will see here.
Thank you very much for your speedy reply. The more I thought about it, the throne seats just have to be the same on both sides of the plane so that the seat pairs behind each one have somewhere to put their legs.

Just debating whether to pay for two throne seats on an overnight SIN-ZRH flight, instead of the free centre pair we have already selected. Any opinions?

(We were looking forward to flying on a codeshare SIA A380 until Swiss notified us this morning of a schedule change.)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:18 am

Guys what would you recommend for 2pax on the 777er and 343 on C ? i have taken 4D, 4G for both planes, are they good seats? Any suggestion?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pandux
Guys what would you recommend for 2pax on the 777er and 343 on C ? i have taken 4D, 4G for both planes, are they good seats?
Depends on how you define a "good seat".

If legroom is important to you, you have chosen the best row - and the seats are in the mini cabin, which is usually more quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.