Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Oops! I should have said 15K and 17K are exactly the same as 14A and 16A, but I hope you understood what I was talking about. Sorry for any confusion!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Is there a restriction on when seat change/selection is released?

We have pre-assigned seats via UA award and no seats assigned via Aeroplan award. Neither can change/select seats.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:43 am
Suspended

Just learned: when calling M&M for an upgrade and then have seats assigned, they only see LH inventory and not LX inventory. I.e. LH had only row 5 avail, while on LX website a lot of other choices.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Interesting way of dealing with seating assignments on Austrian codeshare using Swiss Air equipment. I paid extra for seat assignments, called Switzerland from the US and was assigned exit row for wife and me on A320. Flight was VIE to ZRH. Switched to 77w but received no notification. Checked in and since row 12 was biz class got assigned to row 34. Loved CAT train check in and bag check but this seating assignment is very disappointing for an airline with solid reputation.

Edit - with the change of equipment, the airline jammed all Y pax into the forward economy cabin and the back cabin was completely empty. Biz class pax were put into first and airline employees and flight crews (not working) were assigned biz class. Not flying this airline again. With the waiting, transit to and from airports, we should have taken RailJet.

Last edited by george 3; Feb 14, 2017 at 7:58 am
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:34 pm

Hi everyone, new to the forums.

I'll be traveling ZRH-LAX on the 777-300ER in October with my now fiancee/will then be wife. All of the review sites rave about the throne seats as being the best, which I totally agree for solo travelers. But my wife and I will want to sit together. With that in mind, I have a few questions regarding seat selections FOR A TRAVELING COUPLE/DUO:

1. To sit next to each other, which seats do you recommend?

2. Seats 6D and 6G seem to be set in front of the rest of the main cabin (as there are no window seats in row 6). Are these not good choices as they are so close to the lav and galley?

3. I am 6'0" and the Mrs. is 5'4". I am reading a lot that the foot rest area is cramped and uncomfortable for sleeping. Are any of the seats less restrictive on the feet when in bed mode?

4. Are the other bulkhead seats in either cabin (4D 4G 4J 4K 7J 7K) good choices?

Thanks for your input everyone!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:27 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by reyam1105
, I have a few questions regarding seat selections FOR A TRAVELING COUPLE/DUO:
4 D & G is a must - huge foot space and low traffic area which is not the case of 6 D & G being near the galley in front of the huge aft C section.

You must be HON / SEN to reserve those seats or hope they are available at ETD - 24 h.

And welcome to FT ^.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:37 pm

Thanks for the response and the welcome.

Originally Posted by behuman
4 D & G is a must...

You must be HON / SEN to reserve those seats or hope they are available at ETD - 24 h.
Yeah, I too had thought that 4D and 4G would be the best, but without status, that may not be an option at OLCI. Otherwise, are there any other seats that are recommended or are advised against, again, for a couple traveling together.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:10 pm

First time ever on LX, no choice but to pay $29 to get a seat assignment?

My wife and I are flying ORD-VCE via ZRH using UA points. Not surprisingly I couldn't book seats on the united site. When I logged into the swiss site it pulled up my reservation and offered to let me book a seat... for $29 per person per leg. I haven't run into this before except on discount US carriers so I was a bit surprised. I take it my only choices are pot luck (and just hope we can sit together) or fork out the $116 to book seats? I don't really care where we sit as long as we can sit together. When do they release seats to the cheapskates like me that won't pay up?

Free tickets keep getting more expensive...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mdc22474
My wife and I are flying ORD-VCE via ZRH using UA points. Not surprisingly I couldn't book seats on the united site. When I logged into the swiss site it pulled up my reservation and offered to let me book a seat... for $29 per person per leg. I haven't run into this before except on discount US carriers so I was a bit surprised. I take it my only choices are pot luck (and just hope we can sit together) or fork out the $116 to book seats? I don't really care where we sit as long as we can sit together. When do they release seats to the cheapskates like me that won't pay up?

Free tickets keep getting more expensive...
You can select seats during OLCI!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by behuman
4 D & G is a must - huge foot space and low traffic area which is not the case of 6 D & G being near the galley in front of the huge aft C section.

And welcome to FT ^.
I have a similar question, and I am NOT HON/SEN. If I do not have status, is it worth it to still snag one of the pairs in the front mini-cabin that are available (5 A/B or 5 D/G)? Or is that too close to the lav/galley, and you might as well stay in the larger cabin in the back?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Piggybacking on the above question, I have two flights on an A333 in June for my honeymoon. Can't decide between 5AB, 5DG, or 6DG (or is there another recommendation). I am fairly tall, so extra foot space instead of the foot cubby would be nice. No status though, so can't get row 4 ( thought it sounds like soon I may be able to pay a surcharge to get it?).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cascade; Mar 5, 2017 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cascade
I have two flights on an A333 in June for my honeymoon. Can't decide between 5AB, 5DG, or 6DG (or is there another recommendation). I am fairly tall extra foot space instead of the foot cubby would be nice.
Definitely 6DG, then. ^

Advice from somebody that is 6'5" / 195cm.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goliath
Definitely 6DG, then. ^

Advice from somebody that is 6'5" / 195cm.
Thanks for the quick reply! Any issues with being so close to the galley?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cascade
Any issues with being so close to the galley?
"The usual": you can get some light from the galley when the curtains are being opened and some noise. In my opinion, the (times x) larger cubby hole outweighs that disadvantage by far.
There are earplugs and eyemasks to fight noise and light, but there's no cure for a cubby hole that feels like an anvil clamping your feet in one position.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
"The usual": you can get some light from the galley when the curtains are being opened and some noise. In my opinion, the (times x) larger cubby hole outweighs that disadvantage by far.
There are earplugs and eyemasks to fight noise and light, but there's no cure for a cubby hole that feels like an anvil clamping your feet in one position.
That works for me, thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.