Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by cbourl
I always fly in the forwardsmal lcabin -it is a bit darker and less spacious than the rear cabin but service can be more attentive in the forward mini-cabin
Noise is not an issue - there is a purser seating area on the A340 just behind the minicabin before the exit/galley -noise isn't an issue on the A330 the galley is directly behind
Im 6ft3 and prefer 4A
I do remember once on an award ticket with UA miles sititng in 4A on a flight ZRH-SIN One third into the flight the maître d'cabine came and asked me to move because I was in a throne reserved for Senators/Hon Circle and a Senator had asked for my seat Appauling that they would even ask but it is Swiss!!! Flashed my Senator card and no apology given - the rest of the flight was very tense with that "matron" de-kabin eyeing me off - even got a phone call from LX customer service in ZRH when I was back in Australia asking what had happended - need I say that they thought it quite acceptable I could be asked to vacate a preferred seat mid-flight
This is appalling by Swiss, I would have refused. If you have a boarding pass for a specific seat they cannot ask you to move in-flight, that's ridiculous.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shuly
Hi,

Can anyone explain the following seat maps? The aircraft is A330, but the port pairs of seats (5/7/9/11/14 AB) seem to only have one seat: the neighbor is greyed out.
The TLV flights are often operated by narrowbodies with only 4 seats available per row in C. I guess LX wants to minimize their trouble in case of an equipment change.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...st-minute.html
Old May 19, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by shuly
Hi,

Can anyone explain the following seat maps? The aircraft is A330, but the port pairs of seats (5/7/9/11/14 AB) seem to only have one seat: the neighbor is greyed out.

Should I assume that the other seat in pair will remain blocked (and reserve 5A and 7A as I did? Or would 10K and 6K be better choices?

Flights are LX253/LX252.

Thanks a lot,

Shuly
5A and 7A are not good choices. Never seen before that 5B and 7B are greyed out. These are two seats!. If you cannot get a single seat, have a seat in the middle section, which have all aisle access.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:17 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Wink Direct aisle access for all in LX C

[QUOTE=shuly;28331101]Hi,

Can anyone explain the following seat maps? The aircraft is A330, but the port pairs of seats (5/7/9/11/14 AB) seem to only have one seat: the neighbor is greyed out.[/QUOTE

With immediate effect LX is offering all seats with direct aisle access in C
Old May 20, 2017, 1:40 pm
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Originally Posted by behuman
With immediate effect LX is offering all seats with direct aisle access in C
In your dreams my friend. 😁😁😁
Old May 28, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goliath
Definitely 6DG, then. ^

Advice from somebody that is 6'5" / 195cm.
Just finished my flights. Great advice, the extra foot space in 6 helped me sleep soundly on both flights, thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:32 am

Got space in C on 330

I have a choice between 4G and 5G today. Theyre the middle aisle seats in the minicabin. 4G is more private but I seem to recall some foot wells feel more cramped than others, was that a reason to prefer 5G? There are no throne seats available but there are some window seats available in the larger cabin, an I making a mistake offering the minicabin?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I have a choice between 4G and 5G today. Theyre the middle aisle seats in the minicabin. 4G is more private but I seem to recall some foot wells feel more cramped than others, was that a reason to prefer 5G?
It's the opposite. Being in a bulkhead row, 4G has (a looot) more footspace than 5G, I'd go for 4G!

Originally Posted by zkzkz
There are no throne seats available but there are some window seats available in the larger cabin, an I making a mistake offering the minicabin?
That depends on personal taste. But if footspace is important to you, go for row 4 in the minicabin. If a window is more important to you, go for the window seat in the main cabin.

4G is the closest thing to a throne, with enclosures on both sides - if that's what you prefer.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:35 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Row 45 on Swiss A330 A,B,J,K

Can anyone please shed some light on these seats at the last row of the plane? Some initial research on reviews seems to indicate that they are quite good with extra recline and only galley behind, no lavatories. Others mention terrible legroom. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by goliath
That depends on personal taste. But if footspace is important to you, go for row 4 in the minicabin. If a window is more important to you, go for the window seat in the main cabin.
Well 4G had generous foot space. It was really very comfortable except that it was way too warm. I complained and it got cooler for a few minutes then got stifling again. I guess sleep is for the weak.

A number of other very minor service issues too. Very few of the seats in the minicabin had amenity kits, several people had to ask for them. (and the "modular plastic bag seems a bit naff but that's not a service thing). And they lost my breakfast order as well as several other people in the minicabin (or maybe forgot to collect them, but I couldn't find mine nor could my neighbour). The guy across the aisle was filling out a complaint form but I wouldn't have imagined any of that would justify a formal complaint and I didn't witness anything more dramatic so I'm a bit curious whether anything happened.

Actually the biggest annoyance was that they announced a delay, then called the lounge to announce boarding beginning, then didn't actually start boarding for another 15-20 minutes.

Last edited by zkzkz; Jun 21, 2017 at 9:57 am
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:38 pm

Suggestions for 2 pax + 1 inf on LX180 in Business? First time in Swiss C on this body.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA UA DL
Quick question from infrequent LX flyer: on 777, would you choose 16D or 8D? 16D is offset a bit from the aisle, and 8D is right on the aisle. Everyone seems to think the offset seats are preferable, so that would dictate 16D. However, it is the only offset aisle seat not blocked for HON or SEN. Is that because it is less desirable for some reason.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Suggestions for 2 pax + 1 inf on LX180 in Business? First time in Swiss C on this body.
Assume that you have no status with M&M.

If INF has own seat then go for a pair and a single close to each other, if available: i.e. a combination of DG and K in the same row if available.

If the INF has no seat then a DG pair in the middle allows for optimal mobility with two aisles.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
For a couple, on 777-300, SFO-ZRH, would 6DG or 7JK be better?

And on A340-300, how is 5DG (current seats) vs 6DG, or one of the window pairs?

I like larger leg area, so tend to like bulkhead so long as the noise is not too bad.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:26 am

flown A330 and B777 on LX J alone, but now flying on A330 J with partner.

Between 5 D/G and 6 D/G what would you folks recommend? Also, I think I the monitor for row 6 being on on the bulkhead...is that correct or does it pop up from one of the armrest/tables?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.