Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by United857
Gonna be flying on an A330 & A340 in J on an upcoming flight, both of which will be overnight. I understand that throne seats have a small footwell [...]
That's not generally true. Thrones in bulkhead rows 4 and 6 also have the same (i.e. largest) footwell as all other seats in bulkhead rows 4 and 6.

Originally Posted by United857
]...]while aisle seats are more generous, but what about D/G seats that have the table between the seat and the aisle? Are those footwells closer in size to the throne seats or the aisle seats? Thanks!
Those have the same size footwells (i.e. the smallest) as the throne seats not in row 4 or 6, since you are putting your feet in between two seats in front of you.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Oops - posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry - deleted.

Last edited by Boogie711; May 7, 2018 at 7:41 pm Reason: Deleted because it was in the wrong forum.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:45 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Hello,

I just booked my first ever LX long haul (flew them a few times in short-haul and on the route to TLV) and I would like to clarify a few points re:seating.
The routing is VIE-ZRH-HKG//HKG-VIE. All flights are LX marketed but only the ZRH-HKG is LX operated, the other being OS operated.

1. I choose 10B , as this will be a night flight and I know I am likely to go to the bathroom a few times. So I feel this is better. Is there a free seat which would satisfy an aisle requirements but is more comfortable (longer, larger foot well ?)
2. At check-in, does the 200 EUR seats became free ? Is there a way to score one assuming one is free pre-boarding ? Does *A Gold help ?
3. For the OS operated flight, it asks me for choice Aisle or Window and that is it, I can not choose my seats. If I plug the PNR in the OS website should I be able to choose my seats or do I have to wait check-in ?

Bonus question: I assume a P fare code on LX maps into P on OS, is that correct ?

Thanks
Old May 8, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
1. I choose 10B , as this will be a night flight and I know I am likely to go to the bathroom a few times. So I feel this is better. Is there a free seat which would satisfy an aisle requirements but is more comfortable (longer, larger foot well ?)
All bulkhead seats have larger foot wells.

2. At check-in, does the 200 EUR seats became free ? Is there a way to score one assuming one is free pre-boarding ? Does *A Gold help ?
Yes. Check in online as early as possible. Only if it's M&M *A Gold (SEN, HON), otherwise no. See the dedicated thread: Thrones no longer available for free (except HON/SEN)

Bonus question: I assume a P fare code on LX maps into P on OS, is that correct ?
Correct.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
This Friday, I will be flying SFO-ZRH in J. I see that 12K is open but Seatguru states it is missing a window. Can someone confirm if this seat is missing a window.

Thank you.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:17 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Assuming it is operated by a B77W if I remember correctly the row 11 was missing the window...
__________Edit: I just checked the seatmap and every good seat is taken. So if you have 12K keep it. And the seat map confirms that row 11 is missing the window.

Last edited by Nick Art; May 23, 2018 at 2:25 am
Old May 23, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Assuming it is operated by a B77W if I remember correctly the row 11 was missing the window...
__________Edit: I just checked the seatmap and every good seat is taken. So if you have 12K keep it. And the seat map confirms that row 11 is missing the window.
thanks very much. I did take 12k as it is a “Throne” seat and I am traveling by myself.

Last edited by minhaoxue; May 24, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Old May 24, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's been a long time since I've flown longhaul LX, but I am now booked on an A330 in seat 8K. I am a bit confused in reading this thread though. 8K appears to be a single seat. Is that what you is called a "throne" seat? I booked a rather cheap P fare and did not pay anything extra for this seat. I booked through UA if that matters.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
It's been a long time since I've flown longhaul LX, but I am now booked on an A330 in seat 8K. I am a bit confused in reading this thread though. 8K appears to be a single seat. Is that what you is called a "throne" seat? I booked a rather cheap P fare and did not pay anything extra for this seat. I booked through UA if that matters.
No, 8K is not a *Throne seat*.
8K is a mediocre seat, as it is havineg the armrest at the window side.
On the A330 4A, 6A, 8A, 10A and 12A are the Throne seats (one seat with two big armrests at each side). The second best seats would be all the uneven K seats (one armrest between seat and aisle) (not 9K as it is missing the window). Followed by the even K seats (your seat!) (armrest between window and aisle, seat directly at the aisle) and the middle seats (one armrest each, here again there are seats directly at the aisle and seats with an armrest between them and the aisle) followed by the worsts seats the uneven A and B seats (sharing one armrest).
Row 4 is the best row followed by row 6 and row 5.

Last edited by Nick Art; May 24, 2018 at 3:02 am
Old May 27, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks Nick Art

I get it now and see that those throne seats cost €135 and the odd K seats are only for HON/SEN so I'll just have to suffer with 8K. First world problem.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
Thanks Nick Art

I get it now and see that those throne seats cost €135 and the odd K seats are only for HON/SEN so I'll just have to suffer with 8K. First world problem.
Actually I'd suggest you log into the Swiss App 48 hours before departure and try to snag yourself an even better seat (all not occupied seats become available for free 48 hours prior to departure). If you give me the flight number and date I can check what seats are still available and which one you should opt for.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AC SE
Planning on travelling with wife and 2-year old daughter on LX on an Aeroplan award. Does Swiss charge for Y-class seats assignment when travelling with young children? I know some airlines will waive seat assignment fees to ensure families sit together - is that the case with LX?

Also, any suggestion on "best" seats for a group of three on the A330? I'm guessing any three seats in the DEFG section will be similar. And under which seats are the entertainment boxes located?

Last edited by jasdou; Jun 1, 2018 at 7:32 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Just booked our first trip on LX thanks to some great advice from Nick Art on another thread. For the long haul - LX 15/18 JFK to ZRH to EWR on A330-300 here are my options for a couple. Going out 6DG (have now) or rows 8 to 14 DG. Also available are 9 and 14 AB. Coming back we have 7DG or with availability in rows 7 to 12 DG or 7, 9, 11, 14 AB. Obviously less concerned with our ZRH to FLR to ZRH seats, but welcome any advice. CS100 we have 2 DF with rows 1 and 5 DF open. E190 we have 3 AF with rows 1 and 4-6 AF open.

Thanks for the advice!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jasdou
Planning on travelling with wife and 2-year old daughter on LX on an Aeroplan award. Does Swiss charge for Y-class seats assignment when travelling with young children? I know some airlines will waive seat assignment fees to ensure families sit together - is that the case with LX?

Also, any suggestion on "best" seats for a group of three on the A330? I'm guessing any three seats in the DEFG section will be similar. And under which seats are the entertainment boxes located?
As far as I know they do charge for any seat assignment. However, groups traveling together, especially families, will normally be seated together. But I'd still make sure to check in as soon as it's possible. Seat wise I'd opt for the front cabin row 22-28, and if it's free row 29 (first row of back cabin). As you mentioned, go for DEGF to be seated together (but beware of row 42-45). Have a nice flight!

Originally Posted by golfergal
Just booked our first trip on LX thanks to some great advice from Nick Art on another thread. For the long haul - LX 15/18 JFK to ZRH to EWR on A330-300 here are my options for a couple. Going out 6DG (have now) or rows 8 to 14 DG. Also available are 9 and 14 AB. Coming back we have 7DG or with availability in rows 7 to 12 DG or 7, 9, 11, 14 AB. Obviously less concerned with our ZRH to FLR to ZRH seats, but welcome any advice. CS100 we have 2 DF with rows 1 and 5 DF open. E190 we have 3 AF with rows 1 and 4-6 AF open.

Thanks for the advice!
As you are traveling together and I think you'd like to be seated together I'd opt for any D/G seat on the A330. 6D/G after 4/D/G are the best option when wanting to be seated together. (the front row seats have a larger footrest area)
A/B would also be an option and it would include one window, but that seat would not have direct aisle access. And the two seats share one armrest, whereas the middle D/G seats each have their own.

I think your choice of 6D/G and 7D/G is fine. However 48 hours before flight all restrictions of blocked seats are lifted, so if at that point 4D/G are free make sure to switch to those! They are in the small and private front Business Cabin, which is much quieter and nicer IMO. (4D/G > 6D/G > 5D/G > 7-14D/G)
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.