Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:48 am

yes, both factors are important to me. I also saw that there is 4J & 4K in the 777 so i might change them for those.
Thanks for the advice!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Depends on how you define a "good seat".

If legroom is important to you, you have chosen the best row - and the seats are in the mini cabin, which is usually more quiet.
yes, both factors are important to me. I also saw that there is 4J & 4K in the 777 so i might change them for those.
Thanks for the advice!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
I was browsing this thread for some information that would help me to pick "optimal" seating for 2PAX + lap infant, flying on 777 in C. The baby is rather too old/big for bassinet so we're not restricted to bulkhead row 6. From what I've been able to research so far:
- it seems that bulkhead rows have more legroom, that might help to accomodate the little guy, can anyone comment whether it's just 6DG or also 7JK?
- hopefully, if we get lucky, a seat nearby might come up unoccupied and I'll ask the attendant for permission to move over there once the kid falls asleep, I assume that chances for that are much bigger at the end of the cabin, since most of the people tend to favor the seats in the front (especiallly the mini-cabin)
I'll appreciate any pointers.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:27 pm
RJ1

The seat assignments for one leg (intra Europe) of an upcoming trip keep dropping. The SWISS website displays this message for the segment:

We have recorded your entry. Your advance seat reservation is presently being updated.

Is this common? I emailed SWISS and they indicated they did reserve new seats for me, but the message persists.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:00 am

I reserved seats on swiss.com, I got a successful message and I got a notification from my credit card company about the purchase, but I don't see the reserved seats in the booking details page.

I tried several times, same issue.

I emailed SWISS support and they said they are fixing the issue.

Anyone else hit the problem?

Does anybody know how to workaround it and reserve the seats?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:36 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by pzero
I reserved seats on swiss.com, I got a successful message and I got a notification from my credit card company about the purchase, but I don't see the reserved seats in the booking details page.

I tried several times, same issue.

I emailed SWISS support and they said they are fixing the issue.

Anyone else hit the problem?

Does anybody know how to workaround it and reserve the seats?
As I mentioned in my post just prior to your post, I've had an issue with just one leg of an upcoming trip LAX-ZRH-BCN. The SWISS seat selection function seems very glitchy. I have emailed SWISS several times, and they attempt to reassign the seats but there is still a message on their website that the seats are pending.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:10 am

I've seen conflicting info...does anyone know whether 12k on the 777 has windows or not?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE
How is row 1 on the CS100? Should it be avoided because of the bulkhead?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by jasdou
How is row 1 on the CS100? Should it be avoided because of the bulkhead?
It is ok, like most other bulkheads but nothing special. More room for your knees, less room to stretch your legs. I don’t avoid it.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Iflew row 1 once, involuntarily, since C was reduce from 2 to 1 row.

As MichielR wrote:

Originally Posted by MichielR
It is ok, like most other bulkheads but nothing special. More room for your knees, less room to stretch your legs. I don’t avoid it.
Although, unlike MichielR, I will try to avoid it. Altough I'm quite tall, knee space is not an issue for me in any row of the C Series, but not being able to strech my legs in row 1 is.

So I guess it's down to personal preference.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MichielR
Originally Posted by goliath
Iflew row 1 once, involuntarily, since C was reduce from 2 to 1 row.

As MichielR wrote:

Although, unlike MichielR, I will try to avoid it. Altough I'm quite tall, knee space is not an issue for me in any row of the C Series, but not being able to strech my legs in row 1 is.

So I guess it's down to personal preference.
Thank you both. I probably will stick with my current seat assignment (3DF). Looking forward to my first flight on the CS100!

Also, out of curiosity, are C seats blocked on all rows in business class (like what you can see on Seatguru) or is the blocked seat alternating between A and C as displayed on the Swiss website?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Also, out of curiosity, are C seats blocked on all rows in business class (like what you can see on Seatguru) or is the blocked seat alternating between A and C as displayed on the Swiss website?
When you make a seat reservation on swiss.com, it's C-A-C-A-... that's blocked. But it doesn't really matter since you can decide for yourself whether you're gonna sit in A or C.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:30 pm

Thank you both. I probably will stick with my current seat assignment (3DF). Looking forward to my first flight on the CS100!

So here is row 1 on the CS3...
Attached Images  
jasdou likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:23 pm

Random wee question...

We are booked in J in shorthaul within Europe. Is that bit of plastic that blocks the middle seat moveable, so we could move it to seat C and actually sit together in A-B, rather than A-C?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Random wee question...

We are booked in J in shorthaul within Europe. Is that bit of plastic that blocks the middle seat moveable, so we could move it to seat C and actually sit together in A-B, rather than A-C?

Thanks!
There is a fixed table in B or E seats in case they need to limit passenger numbers for safety reasons (due to the number of FA’s or number of emergency exits). IIRC it might only be the A321 in row 1 on LX. Otherwise there is no physical seat block and you are free to sit in the B or E seat. There is nothing on the A320, A319 or C-series for certain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.