Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Sorry to hijack the question but I thought if you had booked on swiss.com there would be no Amadeus PNR to add to My Bookings on lufthansa.com.
That is true. Booked on swiss.com and tried to get the Amadeus PNR. According to their email, there is none (I asked for it)

All I can do is to add it to my swiss bookings but I don't see a "select seats" feature.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
That is true. Booked on swiss.com and tried to get the Amadeus PNR. According to their email, there is none (I asked for it)
There's discussion on this topic, for example, in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...l#post13323183

All I can do is to add it to my swiss bookings but I don't see a "select seats" feature.
In the SWISS newsletter I received today there was a link to an online survey on swiss.com. (There's also a link to the survey on swiss.com right now.) I suggested the ability to select and change seats online as a desirable enhancement.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There's discussion on this topic, for example, in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...l#post13323183

In the SWISS newsletter I received today there was a link to an online survey on swiss.com. (There's also a link to the survey on swiss.com right now.) I suggested the ability to select and change seats online as a desirable enhancement.
Excellent! Will call LX Hong Kong tomorrow and get a seat reservation.

Talked to them today after my flight times had changed (slightly with no effect to connections) and they were even helpful in changing my routing, totally incredible. (no extra cost)

^ for Swiss Hong Kong for being very helpful! Great service! ^
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:09 am

Have a question for this forum,
I have gotten seat assignments from LX call center here in the US for an upcoming trip (lx23 F class) 1DG, I followed up on the LH website seats blocked out, expertflyer was showing the same thing, so this morning when re-checking my bookings LH was showing an entire F cabin blocked (red), expertflyer is showing usually available seats for no-nstatus pax...kind of confused here
i did call the US lx call center and they were able to confirm the seats of 1dg but was just wondering why the discrepancy between LH/expertflyer
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:32 pm
sft

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
yes, but you need to be SEN/HON for exit row (and I think for some "premium" seats that are not actually anything special, too).
any experiences on last minute (at the gate) seat change for SEN from exit row to non-exit row, not due to HON or baby?
edit: flight was not overbooked. no family&friends issue I believe.

Last edited by sft; Apr 21, 2010 at 5:37 pm Reason: added info
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: M&M Sen, SPG Gold
Ability to hang up jacket in Swiss Y

Hi all, I haven't flown with Swiss shorthaul equipment in a while and forgot whether the Recaro seats have some sort of knob to hang up your jacket to the seat in front of you. Anybody knows? Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by chrisflyer
Hi all, I haven't flown with Swiss shorthaul equipment in a while and forgot whether the Recaro seats have some sort of knob to hang up your jacket to the seat in front of you. Anybody knows? Thanks
There is no hook or knob for hanging up the jacket (unless you use the small handle holding the table... ).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Sixt Platinum
As I feel this is one of the most important questions in life, the universe and everything, I have not hesitated a single second and immediately bought a ticket and boarded a Swiss short-haul-flight immediately in order to provide you with this vital bit of information asap. For avoidance of any doubts on the completeness of Swiss airline hardware, I am humbly allowing myself to attach a photo so you have a visual impression of the high quality of the seat paraphernalia. Rest assured, while the plane in question was only an Avro RJ/100, also the more advanced equipment Swiss is sporting uses a similar seat and provide you with an adequate means to place your fabrics in style, comfort and safety. Please note, that the hanger ingeniously doubles as a lock for the table and ist stylish aluminium body (very similar to the all-aluminium housings of Apple notebook computers).

Nota Bene: As the seat carves in where regular people wish to place their legs in comfort, its design has a huge advantage over the LH seats, as the german airline prefers to cater to passengers that have neither legs nor elbows.

Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: M&M Sen, SPG Gold
^ good one! And thank you both for the quick answers btw.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Does Swiss still have preferred seating?

Hi,
I'm booked on a round trip to Europe with Swiss. Unlike all the other times I've flown with them, I seem to notice that they don't hold preferred seats anymore. I've checked this with Expedia, Checkmytrip, as well as the seat map in my M&M Senator lounge, and I don't see any seats marked as preferred.
Did I or am I missing something?
Old May 4, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Sixt Platinum
^ good one! And thank you both for the quick answers btw.
Couldnt resist the challenge

No luck on the Fokker 100, though.

Old May 12, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
A330-300 F Seating Questions

I am traveling with a companion in F on an ORD-ZRH flight (operated by an A330-300).

The obvious choice would be to reserve the "D & G" (Center Seats) but I was wondering if choosing a "G" (Center Aisle) and "K" (Window) seat would work well for companions. I'd really like to sit next to the window, but also be able to talk to my companion without too much distance! Any thoughts? Maybe the aisle & window are preferred for 2 people anyway?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2010, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by globetraveler
I am traveling with a companion in F on an ORD-ZRH flight (operated by an A330-300).

The obvious choice would be to reserve the "D & G" (Center Seats) but I was wondering if choosing a "G" (Center Aisle) and "K" (Window) seat would work well for companions. I'd really like to sit next to the window, but also be able to talk to my companion without too much distance! Any thoughts? Maybe the aisle & window are preferred for 2 people anyway?

Thanks!
For two people sitting together, I would really choose D&G.
Old May 23, 2010, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
It's official now: The colourful SFO-A343 HB-JMJ and the "normal" HB-JMK are getting the new biz-cabin, which will be launched by Mai 31st. First route will be ZRH-SFO, followed by ZRH-BOS. More to follow.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
New A343 seatmap

The seatmap of A343 on swiss.com already shows the newly configured C cabin. ^

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw...rbus_a340.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.