Wiki Posts
Search

seat selection LX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
seat selection LX

Can I select/reserve seat for my booked flight after booking or only by online check in?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ*S
Hi
Try by callcentre.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
no chance to do it online?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: SQ*S
No, when I booked my flight to LAX on 27th feb I choosed window seat online. After purchase i called to LX centre and asked about seat. They informed me that the seat is reserved automatically 33k ( window ) as i asked.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat
You can change your seat online at Miles&More. Just look at "my bookings" and then "select your seat or change seat reservation"
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The OP did not specify routing and class of service. Passengers without M&M status cannot book seats in advance on LX shorthaul flights in Y from what I understand.

As a SEN, the OP should be fine. I find that the LX call center is the best way to do it (incl. priority seats).
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I booked shorthaul Business Saver flights for later in the year on the Swiss UK website. There was no option to select seats during online booking.

I can view my booking on the LX website but there's no seat reservation. Could it be because it's a Business Saver ticket?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by airoli
The OP did not specify routing and class of service. Passengers without M&M status cannot book seats in advance on LX shorthaul flights in Y from what I understand.
Anyone travelling in C or higher fare Y can choose and change their seat online regardless of whether they have M&M status. This can be done via Lufthansa.com ("My Bookings" section). All you need is an Amadeus Booking ref. which can be obtained by calling Lufthansa, NOT SWISS!! (they'r pretty unhelpful).

If you are on a restricted economy fare, call SWISS first to make the reservation and you might be able to view and change it after online.

Obviously there are seats reserved for those with Sen or Hon status.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by hifly15
All you need is an Amadeus Booking ref. which can be obtained by calling Lufthansa, NOT SWISS!! (they'r pretty unhelpful)
Will there really be an Amadeus ref. number for a Swiss PNR (no other airline segments) booked directly through Swiss?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:45 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I believe this has been discussed a couple of times on this forum - LX DOES NOT use Ama - they use an EDS (now part of HP) system (more or less the same system, that has been used by Swissair). If there is no LH/LO/OS/JP/OU/TG/JK/JJ/BD/SK-operated segment in the itinerary, THERE WILL BE NO AMADEUS RECORD LOCATOR created.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hifly15
All you need is an Amadeus Booking ref. which can be obtained by calling Lufthansa, NOT SWISS!! (they'r pretty unhelpful).
How does LH know if LX doesn't?

Originally Posted by TPJ
If there is no LH/LO/OS/JP/OU/TG/JK/JJ/BD/SK-operated segment in the itinerary, THERE WILL BE NO AMADEUS RECORD LOCATOR created.
When I booked an award ticket on LX with BD miles, I received two 6-digit codes one of which was an Amedeus reservation number. It must have been created by BD. I just booked a LX only itinerary on the LX website and don't have an Amadeus reservation number.

So is it only possible to pull LX reservation into my M&M account if it includes a non-LX segment listed above or the ticket has been issued by one of the other carriers?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
At Christmas I booked a GVA-ZRH-TXL and return on all LX metal and was surprised to see an Amadeus PNR visible in LH and M&M. Ah, I thought, finally LX has integrated its EDS with that of its parent company.
Wrong, my latest booking, a GVA-LHR, doesn't exist outside LX.
I suspect that as the TXL flights are code-shared with LH, there has to be someway for LH and LX to share reservations, which is why the reservations get allocated an Amadeus PNR.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:23 am

Programs: EBG
Have a LX-booking (OSL-ZRH-YUL-ZRH-OSL) and I can access this booking, and change seats, at LH-web using the Amad-ref. There are only LX segments, but I booked it through my TA.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:53 am

Yes, if you book through a TA using Amadeus, or through another airline using Amadeus (such as BD), there will also be an Amadeus PNR even if it's all LX segments.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
I believe this has been discussed a couple of times on this forum - LX DOES NOT use Ama - they use an EDS (now part of HP) system (more or less the same system, that has been used by Swissair). If there is no LH/LO/OS/JP/OU/TG/JK/JJ/BD/SK-operated segment in the itinerary, THERE WILL BE NO AMADEUS RECORD LOCATOR created.
Lufthansa is able somehow to create or obtain an Amadeus PNR so that they can access the Swiss booking themselves. Without the Ama-PNR, they cant change or see anything but your name!
I got mine from Luftie, not from Swiss, who were quite rude.

So the real answer is, THERE WILL BE AN AMADEUS RECORD LOCATOR, EVEN IF YOU'RE JUST FLYING SWISS!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.