Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I haven't read all 60 pages of this thread (I have skimmed about the last 6)- I've got a question along similar lines to this thread: Online Selection of Preferred Seats for Status Pax Not Working

But my question is- are there any preferential seats available for selection to non-Swiss *A Gold members?

I'm TK Elite (*A-Gold) and I *think* my number was applied in my reservation (but I can't find anywhere in manage booking to verify this); and have a 'classic' (i.e. not light) fare booked shorthaul next month. The seats I can select are the same as I could pre-select online (for free, anyway) - is this just the way it is, or is there something I'm missing? I'm a bit of a *A newbie and have never flown LX before.

Any tips about how to get good seats (e.g. exit row or forward cabin) would be greatly appreciated - thanks very much in advance!
Agreed, as UA *A Gold, I can only select middle seats. Do these all become available within 48 hours before departure?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:04 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by pythonisman
But my question is- are there any preferential seats available for selection to non-Swiss *A Gold members?
Preferred seat selection is no *G benefit and LH group reserves this for its own elites. This said, certain seats can be selected for a fee, like the "infamous" thrones in C.

This is not unique to LH group, for example I can not get the new "double bed" seats on the 787 of SQ either.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by behuman
Preferred seat selection is no *G benefit and LH group reserves this for its own elites.
Ok- thanks for that. Is there any word as to when (or if) any of the other options open up closer to the flight time? I think I saw here that some were available at T-xx hrs or something similar.

Not the end of the world for an hour long flight
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: LO
to delete

Last edited by mario_s; Feb 12, 2019 at 4:03 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:18 pm

A330 Two Thrones in back cabin or side by side in front cabin?

Tried searching for this scenario but couldnt find it. Flying tomorrow JFK-GVA overnight and currently have 5A and 5B in front mini cabin. Looks like 10a and 10b (thrones as I understand it) are open for booking. Does the throne option outweigh the front cabin in folks opinion? Looking to sleep as much as possible....

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
First: 10B does not exist. 10A is a throne seat indeed. Travelling as a couple I’d pick 5AB for the mini-cabin, despite this seat pair being in front of the lav, over any pair in the bigger cabin. I never had issues with the lav, by the way.

The way to maximize sleep is to skip both meals and use earplugs, no matter what seat...
Dhamal and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR
First: 10B does not exist. 10A is a throne seat indeed. Travelling as a couple I’d pick 5AB for the mini-cabin, despite this seat pair being in front of the lav, over any pair in the bigger cabin. I never had issues with the lav, by the way.
+1

5AB in the mini cabin is better than anything you can get back in the larger cabin in addition to the 10A throne. One may win a bit by picking 10A but the other will lose massively.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: LX SEN
The mini cabin is good for night flights indeed imo. But I always avoid the immediate proximity of lavs, among others because of the noise of the toilet flush. This being, I have never experienced those particular seats on the a330.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Nic33
The mini cabin is good for night flights indeed imo. But I always avoid the immediate proximity of lavs, among others because of the noise of the toilet flush. This being, I have never experienced those particular seats on the a330.
I have done more than a dozen of flights with partner in 5AC (A333 lav behind) or alone in 5K (A343 lav behind) on LX and never had an issue with noise from lav, galley or the MdC cubicle for that matter.

Biggest downside of the mini-cabin, as someone else has said a while ago, is the view into the F cabin
Dhamal and Seat 1K like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:17 am

Biggest downside of the mini-cabin, as someone else has said a while ago, is the view into the F cabin
Indeed! ^

My last r/t to MIA was in 1K to MIA and 4A on the way back to ZRH.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:22 am

Indeed! ^

I hear you. My last r/t to MIA was in 1K to MIA and 4A on the way back to ZRH.
f4freeJunior and MichielR like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Indeed! ^

My last r/t to MIA was in 1K to MIA and 4A on the way back to ZRH.
Wise choice as 4A, with its larger footwell, is good enough for the MIA-.ZRH leg that many, including me, spend in full letargy.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Nic33
Wise choice as 4A, with its larger footwell, is good enough for the MIA-.ZRH leg that many, including me, spend in full letargy.
Thank you. 4A is probably as good as it gets on LX in J, but I still didn’t sleep well. Something about the thrones that doesn’t work for me.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: LXFF
The noise from the lavatory really isn’t an issue. I can attest to this from many flights in the mini cabin. I think seat Guru just assumes there is noise because of the proximity.

For sleep I would chose the mini cabin first or in back of the large cabin where there is less foot traffic generally.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:58 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
So for our Oct. 2019 Swiss trip we are booked on LX23 (JFK>GVA Redeye) in seats 6 D/G and return on LX14 (ZRH>JFK Daytime) in seats 5 A/B. Both flights are A330-300's

For a couple what are your opinions? I'm 6'2" and athletic build if it matters.

5 A/B Mini-Cabin privacy w/ 1 armrest and a window vs. 6 D/G Main Business bulkhead w/ 2 armrests and no window..... Have the option to switch both flights to either option or leave it as is and experience both.

I'm gathering 4 or 5 D/G would be the best of both worlds, but one seat is already taken on both flights. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.