Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by qwertyx64
I booked throne seat t-48.
Did the app or website do this at t-48, or only a phone call?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:50 am

App and website
zoechow likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:50 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Can someone refresh my memory. On the 333, 9A has no window at all or is it just misaligned ?

Normally I tend to avoid that seat but it’s one of the last seats available on an upcoming flight.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Question: My girlfriend prefers sleeping on the window-side in a 2-2-2 staggered setup (so she's isolated from the walkway), but I can see that both the A330 and A340 only have 5AB (as opposed to 4JK on the 77W) in the mini-cabin - how bad is being close to the washroom on those planes? Given that it's the first row of the J-cabin we'd otherwise probably chose 4DG or any of the AB doubles in the bigger cabin.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:35 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Question: My girlfriend prefers sleeping on the window-side in a 2-2-2 staggered setup (so she's isolated from the walkway), but I can see that both the A330 and A340 only have 5AB (as opposed to 4JK on the 77W) in the mini-cabin - how bad is being close to the washroom on those planes? Given that it's the first row of the J-cabin we'd otherwise probably chose 4DG or any of the AB doubles in the bigger cabin.
Not too bad ime, but it essentially comes down to personal preference.
But I'd go for 4DG over any of the AB seats. Reason being that the AB seats are very cramped and only offer the small middle table while the DG seats offer a table for both seats, but surely you know that.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
6D/6G on a 77W are showing as open on the seat map, but when I try to reserve I get an error on the site. I called in and at first the lady said it was HON only, and after I said it didn't have a star, then she backtracked and said, it's unbookable because it's a bassinet seat.

What is Swiss' actually policy here? Do I need to wait until T-48 for 6D/6G or should it be bookable ahead of time? Also for LX, is T-48 start counting down from the beginning of the itinerary (I'm flying FLR-ZRH-SFO) or for just the leg operated by the 77W?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Gioventu
As to best couple seats on LX 777, we always take 4J/K if we fly together.
For those of us that can't access the HON seats, is the mini cabin worth it? I'm debating between taking 5A/B vs. taking 12D/G in the main cabin. The storage isn't really the end of the world for me.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by davesmunroe
For those of us that can't access the HON seats, is the mini cabin worth it? I'm debating between taking 5A/B vs. taking 12D/G in the main cabin. The storage isn't really the end of the world for me.
Maybe this seems obvious, but I would take any set of D/G over any set of A/B in this business class. The two people together just get more space. Each gets like a seat and a full table worth in D/G, whereas each gets a seat and a half table worth of space in A/B. And yet the two in D/G are no farther apart from one another than the two in A/B.

For me mini-cabin is a wash: Feels slightly uncomfortably less sense of space, and yet also quieter.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Not too bad ime, but it essentially comes down to personal preference.
But I'd go for 4DG over any of the AB seats. Reason being that the AB seats are very cramped and only offer the small middle table while the DG seats offer a table for both seats, but surely you know that.
Row 4 was taken so we chose Row 5 middle instead of the larger cabin middle. Hope the bathroom isn't TOO close behind us that we'd notice... but we'd prefer the privacy of the minicabin over the more open larger cabin most likely.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Row 4 was taken so we chose Row 5 middle instead of the larger cabin middle. Hope the bathroom isn't TOO close behind us that we'd notice... but we'd prefer the privacy of the minicabin over the more open larger cabin most likely.
I had a day flight in row 5 recently and I don't recall the bathroom being bothersome.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by zoechow
I had a day flight in row 5 recently and I don't recall the bathroom being bothersome.
I've travelled with someone who was in 5G and they were bothered by the toilets, meanwhile I was in 5D and was not bothered. 5D is the more exposed aisle seat, so I guess it comes down to personality as to whether it's bothersome?

(All on the 777 that is.)

Oops got my planes mixed up. Anyhow, point still stands: person in 6G on the 777 was bothered by toilets, 6D wasn't. (And on the 777 the toilets are behind the door, not in front of the door.)

On another topic: personally I found the bulkhead thrones great for sleeping, at least on the A340 refurb. I know there's a lot of hate for thrones, and I can imagine the non-bulkhead being cramped. But bulkhead throne let me sleep excellently.

Last edited by televisor; Nov 24, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by bioyuki
6D/6G on a 77W are showing as open on the seat map, but when I try to reserve I get an error on the site. I called in and at first the lady said it was HON only, and after I said it didn't have a star, then she backtracked and said, it's unbookable because it's a bassinet seat.

What is Swiss' actually policy here? Do I need to wait until T-48 for 6D/6G or should it be bookable ahead of time? Also for LX, is T-48 start counting down from the beginning of the itinerary (I'm flying FLR-ZRH-SFO) or for just the leg operated by the 77W?
Just a datapoint: I managed to book 6D+6G, journey is UA ticketed with an LX flightnumber, both passengers UA *G or higher.

When I was booking my seats, 5D+G (mini-cabin) were shown as occupied. Looking at ExpertFlyer today, I see the seats are actually just blocked but not occupied. Oddly - people had already booked 7D+G when I was selecting my seats, so maybe 6D+G are available to *G but not lower? (And 4/5 D+G are blocked for the LH statuses?)

This kind of nonsense is exactly why I try to avoid LX if possible. They may have better food than UA, and some seats are better than UA seats, but many seats are worse, you're blocked from selecting many seats, and I even have issues with seat reservations randomly disappearing (even if they claim the seat numbers are guaranteed). Can't wait for UA's new ZRH-ORD which vastly improves the connections I can get to the US while avoiding LX.

Last edited by televisor; Nov 24, 2019 at 12:45 pm
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
We are on the 777 in Business and there are 3 of us. Any suggestions for a good set of seats please?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Row 4 A340 seat question

Any thoughts on the HON reserved seats in regards to being close to galley and bathrooms in terms of noise. Row 4 versus Row 14 for a couple travelling together.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by testycal
Any thoughts on the HON reserved seats in regards to being close to galley and bathrooms in terms of noise. Row 4 versus Row 14 for a couple travelling together.
Row 4, is a no brainer. Engine noise on the B77W is much more important to worry about than a galley behind row 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.