Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:44 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Granite64
So calling Swiss at T-48 to get the SEN/HON seats isn't possible?
No because of two reasons:
The Agents usually can't access the seatmap between T-48 and OLCI.
And HON/SEN seats are only unlocked at OLCI.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Nick Art
No because of two reasons:
The Agents usually can't access the seatmap between T-48 and OLCI.
And HON/SEN seats are only unlocked at OLCI.
Thanks.
And what about the backoffice, what can they do for me?
Old Apr 4, 2020, 3:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Granite64
Thanks.
And what about the backoffice, what can they do for me?
Well it's the backoffice... Technically they can do anything, but they won't.
What can be done is if a phone agent sends a request for a seat reservation to them between T-48 and OLCI, the backoffice can then assign you the unblocked throne seats. And no, you can't contact the backoffice directly unless you have some contacts, in which case let me know
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:54 pm

Wanted to get some opinions here, but is there a difference between 5A/B and 4J/K on the 77W?

Both pairs share one single table in between, but would 4J/K have more room due to bulkhead?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Much, much, much more legroom due to the larger cubbyholes in row 4.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Interesting observation at web check-in today for an EU flight operated by CS-100. Looks like LX is now doing some sort of middle seat blocking if loads permit? Either that, or my fellow pax really love those middle seats!
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by goliath
Much, much, much more legroom due to the larger cubbyholes in row 4.
Ahh, great. Exactly what I was looking for. Not certain if 4J/K are normally selectable for mere mortals months in advance (no more SEN for years already), but when checking my M&M redemption recently for LX176 I was able to shift our seats from main cabin row 12 to 4J/K so took them.

5A/B was also available, but that one has the toilet right behind it so noise and possible smells aside, it is also a bit higher in foot traffic. Of course, I'm eyeing 4D/G which are currently blocked (not taken), but that is for later when we know we can actually travel safely in May 2021. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:08 am
Original Member

Hello all
Apologies in advance if this has been covered before - I tried a search to no avail.

I plan to fly ZRH-BOS either later this week or next in biz and notice that some flights are on the A330 and others are on the A343. I recently flew on the refurbished A343 and really enjoyed it. I believe the A330 is an older generation but how much worse? Should I aim for the A343 - my dates are relatively flexible.

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
Apologies in advance if this has been covered before - I tried a search to no avail.

I plan to fly ZRH-BOS either later this week or next in biz and notice that some flights are on the A330 and others are on the A343. I recently flew on the refurbished A343 and really enjoyed it. I believe the A330 is an older generation but how much worse? Should I aim for the A343 - my dates are relatively flexible.

Thanks!
The A330s have been delivered around the 2010s and they still have the cabin from back then, which is essentially the same cabin as the refurbished A340s, just one generation older. The TV screens are smaller and generally you can see the age difference a bit. I would opt for the A343s if it's not too much of an inconvenience for you.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
seat selection during Covid times (business class)

During the pandemic, distance to another passenger/seat is important; which seat in business class would you select in the Swiss 777?

for the single throne seats, an approx extra 200 USD have to be paid and they have a very tight footwell
the small front cabin looks pretty cramped, despite Seat Guru recommends those seats.

What about 6D and 6G...looks like they have some distance to others or is this just the map that gives the impression? Proximity to galley and lavators does not bother me! What footwell have those two seats; small and tight like the throne seats or larger?

Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The front cabin aka 'Stübli' is not 'cramped' at all. You are quite separated from your fellow pax. I usually prefer 5K or 8K and did one trip with a colleague in 5DG on PVG-ZRH, I recall that we were quite separate. On a trip to MIA my kids were in 8DG which was OKish and my wife in 9G, which she didn't like at all due to the proximity to the aisle.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The front cabin aka 'Stübli' is not 'cramped' at all. You are quite separated from your fellow pax. I usually prefer 5K or 8K and did one trip with a colleague in 5DG on PVG-ZRH, I recall that we were quite separate. On a trip to MIA my kids were in 8DG which was OKish and my wife in 9G, which she didn't like at all due to the proximity to the aisle.
thanks; then it is probably just the map that makes the front cabin look tight.
any idea about the footwell for 6 D and G, as those seem to be the most separate seats in the whole class...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:22 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by BinSabai
for the single throne seats, an approx extra 200 USD have to be paid and they have a very tight footwell
the small front cabin looks pretty cramped, despite Seat Guru recommends those seats.

What about 6D and 6G...looks like they have some distance to others or is this just the map that gives the impression?
The bulkhead rows 4 and 6 have huge fotwells.

Flying alone I would go for 4 A and for a couple 4 D & G. All these seats are free for SEN (as yourself), 4 D & G can not be reserved (except after check in opens) by non SEN.
Row 6 has a lot of foot traffic (pax and crew), row 4 only occasional crew preparing the beds for F (where you will be upgraded to, because nobody will want to fly to BKK )

Last edited by behuman; Jan 14, 2021 at 10:27 am
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by behuman
The bulkhead rows 4 and 6 have huge fotwells.

Flying alone I would go for 4 A and for a couple 4 D & G. All these seats are free for SEN (as yourself), 4 D & G can not be reserved (except after check in opens) by non SEN.
Row 6 has a lot of foot traffic (pax and crew), row 4 only occasional crew preparing the beds for F (where you will be upgraded to, because nobody will want to fly to BKK )
thanks for this valuable information...
Old Feb 19, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Windows or middle seat for couple on 77W BKK-ZRH

Hi,
Got a first time trip in First on Swiss 77W daytime flight from BKK-ZRH.
Travelling as a couple. I normally like a window seat while the better half has no preference.
Got all 4 window seats available or the middle seats in row 1 which we are in currently.
Is there any benefit of the window seats over the middle seat apart from able to speak to each other since we can still do companion dining anyway😀
Would be grateful for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.