Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Has anyone that was able to successfully register for this promo #8 & had a stay at the beginning of June 2015 received their points yet?

I know it says up to 4 weeks but just wondering......

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jun 13, 2015 at 3:49 pm
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
Has anyone that was able to successfully register for this promo #8 & had a stay at the beginning of June 2015 received their points yet?

I know it says up to 4 weeks but just wondering......
I had a stay right during the promo start date and registered then, during my stay. Pts posted with 48 hrs of departure.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Thanks for the info. I checked out the 5th and registered the 6th and as of today no promo points for that stay.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Thanks for the info. I checked out the 5th and registered the 6th and as of today no promo points for that stay.
They tend to post in batches. I have had 3 stays in the past 10 days and no bonus points have posted yet.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
No worries , SPG is really good about giving you credit where credit is due

Just give it a few weeks and if nothing shows give them a call and they will get you the points on there appropriately.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just saw this promo when I opened the Starwood app. It says stay 4 nights before 31 July and I'll get 3 nights at up to category 5 free. Is this as good a deal as I think it is? I can stay in a $70 four points in China 4 times and will then have 3 free nights at any category 5 worldwide? If that's true this is an awesome gift from Starwood!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I just saw this promo when I opened the Starwood app. It says stay 4 nights before 31 July and I'll get 3 nights at up to category 5 free. Is this as good a deal as I think it is? I can stay in a $70 four points in China 4 times and will then have 3 free nights at any category 5 worldwide? If that's true this is an awesome gift from Starwood!
Wait what? Stay 4 nights, get 3 free nights. Why don't I get any of these?!

To answer your question, it is an awesome gift. Actually it's the best one I've came across. But I'd suggest to read through the T&C's, I believe you have misread the promo because this is just too good to pass.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read it again and it seems like my first reading was correct. Incredible deal! I never stay at SPG hotels but it looks like I'll have 4 cheap stays and 3 free stays at expensive hotels soon!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by vg247
I had a stay right during the promo start date and registered then, during my stay. Pts posted with 48 hrs of departure.
I just had my Make It Count points post with the points of my latest stay.

But haven't had anything else, though of course it's still early.

For the bonus points you received, what were they called? Since this promo doesn't seem to have a name besides "select member exclusive".

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Could you share more details?? :P

iPhone app? Any promo name?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:59 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I never received a confirmation E-mail for the SME despite being registered. Further, I've never received points on any of my three stays in connexion with this promo. I'm wondering if my registration was a technical glitch and if I was even entitled to the latest promo. Hmm...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by uxb
I never received a confirmation E-mail for the SME despite being registered. Further, I've never received points on any of my three stays in connexion with this promo. I'm wondering if my registration was a technical glitch and if I was even entitled to the latest promo. Hmm...

My email says:

SUBJECT: 5,000 Bonus Starpoints Ahead

Then the "Select Member Exclusive" logo

Then "Thanks for registering for this special offer. You’re all set to earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints® for each stay you book directly with us online — up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints.

Turn up the earn. Simply book on spg.com, on our hotel brand sites or using the SPG® apps, and complete your stays by August 31, 2015. "
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:53 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
My email says:

SUBJECT: 5,000 Bonus Starpoints Ahead

Then the "Select Member Exclusive" logo

Then "Thanks for registering for this special offer. You’re all set to earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints® for each stay you book directly with us online — up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints.

Turn up the earn. Simply book on spg.com, on our hotel brand sites or using the SPG® apps, and complete your stays by August 31, 2015. "
That's nice. Still doesn't make up for the fact that I never actually received the E-mail, or the subsequent points despite being "registered" and having completed three stays within that promo period. I'm only left wondering whether I was entitled at all. That would prolly be the ultimate in burns. "amirite," margarita girl?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'm in same boat as uxb. Still haven't received an email inviting me to sign up. I've had 2 stays post since June 1, and no bonus points. I just checked out this morning of a 3 night stay (X 3 rooms), so will see tomorrow if anything posts (in the way of bonus points).
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Two stays so far and no bonus points have posted after 10 days and 5 days respectively. Both stays took place AFTER I registered for the promo.

Third stay coming Friday.

We shall see if the bonus points actually post.

I never got an invitation but I did get a confirmation after I registered.

P.S. Just completed my 80th night this year -- guess I'm not worth targeting!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Canada101
Two stays so far and no bonus points have posted after 10 days and 5 days respectively. Both stays took place AFTER I registered for the promo.

Third stay coming Friday.

We shall see if the bonus points actually post.

I never got an invitation but I did get a confirmation after I registered.

P.S. Just completed my 80th night this year -- guess I'm not worth targeting!
Okay T&Cs says it should post within 4 weeks after stay. Let's wait and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.