Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Exclamation Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Looks like there's another one:

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive7
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Looks like there's another one:

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive7
Looks like I'm not eligible for that either. Whatever.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Looks like I'm not eligible for that either. Whatever.
And another one bites the dust .
Old May 1, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwoods
Just received this offer

Good to go
You’re all set. Now you can earn up to 7,500 Starpoints® on eligible stays between May 1 and July 31, 2015.

Here’s how: You’ll earn 1,500 bonus Starpoints on your first stay, 2,500 on your second stay and 3,500 on your third stay. With 7,500 Starpoints, you can enjoy a free night at a Category 3 hotel, including the Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai.

Earning more Starpoints is that easy. Now comes the hard part: deciding where to stay. Choose from our more than 1,200 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries worldwide.

----

I had 2 stays already booked during May, a bit strange that I am targeted for this but I won't turn down an easy 7500 points!
Old May 1, 2015, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Mine, received 10 minutes ago:

You’re all set. Now you can earn up to three Free Night Awards when you stay with us between May 1 and July 31, 2015.

Here’s how: You’ll get one Free Night Award on your first stay, another Free Night Award on your second stay, and yet another Free Night Award on your third stay.

That’s three Free Night Awards, which can be redeemed at your choice of our Category 1–5 hotels and resorts through November 30, 2015.

Now, where to stay? Choose from our more than 1,200 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries worldwide.
No exclusion list that I can find. I'll have three 1- or 2-night business stays that I can redirect over to Starwood during the promo period. Three Cat 5 nights is a pretty nice offer. ^
Old May 1, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1George
Here’s how: You’ll earn 1,500 bonus Starpoints on your first stay, 2,500 on your second stay and 3,500 on your third stay. With 7,500 Starpoints, you can enjoy a free night at a Category 3 hotel, including the Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai.
I got the same one, and will probably sway me to book at the W vs the Doubletree, a debate I'm having in my head for a wedding I'm going to next month in Atlanta.

I only have 1 paid SPG stay in recent memory (last one was probably 2013?) and it was last month. Wonder what the targeting criteria was.
Old May 2, 2015, 4:52 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
And another one bites the dust .
Now I'm starting to feel like margarita girl.
Old May 2, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Still seething in my corner here. Not eligible for this one either. Sigh
Old May 2, 2015, 6:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As this is a new wave of targeted promotional activity (and, as has been speculated, in lieu of a Q2/3 promotion), I've split these posts out into a new thread.

/mod
Old May 2, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As this is a new wave of targeted promotional activity (and, as has been speculated, in lieu of a Q2/3 promotion), I've split these posts out into a new thread.

/mod
I can't believe *Wood is not offering any promo to it's best customers (i.e., Plats). Why a chain would ignore us is beyond me and has already resulted in 35 nights being shifted to Hilton (in my case). I'm actually starting to get used to their product and benefits. SPG you are playing with fire and over a modest amount of points risk losing and alienating your best customers.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Still seething in my corner here. Not eligible for this one either. Sigh
Nada for me.

I'm at an Element tonight, then Aloft, then Four Points, so perhaps the Starwood 'super computer' thinks I am not worthy of any targeted promotions.

That's fine, I will switch to Marriott and Hilton for a few weeks.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
"Unfortunately, you're not eligible for this promotion"
Old May 2, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
7 targeted promotions since they started this nonsense and not eligible for any of them. No bueno.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:09 am

I received a promo for 1 Free Award Night for each of my next three stays between May 1 and July 31, for use before end of November.
I'm new to SPG (3 stays since December); can someone direct me to where I can get details about using the Free Award Nights? Specifically, I'd like to know if I need to pay fees or points to use them, as well as what the availability is like, especially for Asia/Pacific locations. Thanks!
Old May 2, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Another promo I am not eligible for, yet another reason to book with other chains

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.