FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1676858-select-member-exclusive-email-offer-targeted-30-april-2015-a.html)

LovetoTravel83 Apr 28, 2015 12:49 am

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Looks like there's another one:

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive7

uxb Apr 30, 2015 10:22 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 24731348)
Looks like there's another one:

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive7

Looks like I'm not eligible for that either. Whatever. :(

LovetoTravel83 Apr 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 24745184)
Looks like I'm not eligible for that either. Whatever. :(

And another one bites the dust :D.

1George May 1, 2015 10:15 am

Just received this offer

Good to go
You’re all set. Now you can earn up to 7,500 Starpoints® on eligible stays between May 1 and July 31, 2015.

Here’s how: You’ll earn 1,500 bonus Starpoints on your first stay, 2,500 on your second stay and 3,500 on your third stay. With 7,500 Starpoints, you can enjoy a free night at a Category 3 hotel, including the Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai.

Earning more Starpoints is that easy. Now comes the hard part: deciding where to stay. Choose from our more than 1,200 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries worldwide.

----

I had 2 stays already booked during May, a bit strange that I am targeted for this but I won't turn down an easy 7500 points!

pinniped May 1, 2015 10:25 am

Mine, received 10 minutes ago:

You’re all set. Now you can earn up to three Free Night Awards when you stay with us between May 1 and July 31, 2015.

Here’s how: You’ll get one Free Night Award on your first stay, another Free Night Award on your second stay, and yet another Free Night Award on your third stay.

That’s three Free Night Awards, which can be redeemed at your choice of our Category 1–5 hotels and resorts through November 30, 2015.

Now, where to stay? Choose from our more than 1,200 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries worldwide.
No exclusion list that I can find. I'll have three 1- or 2-night business stays that I can redirect over to Starwood during the promo period. Three Cat 5 nights is a pretty nice offer. ^

krazykanuck May 1, 2015 10:39 am

Originally Posted by 1George (Post 24750598)
Here’s how: You’ll earn 1,500 bonus Starpoints on your first stay, 2,500 on your second stay and 3,500 on your third stay. With 7,500 Starpoints, you can enjoy a free night at a Category 3 hotel, including the Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai.

I got the same one, and will probably sway me to book at the W vs the Doubletree, a debate I'm having in my head for a wedding I'm going to next month in Atlanta.

I only have 1 paid SPG stay in recent memory (last one was probably 2013?) and it was last month. Wonder what the targeting criteria was.

uxb May 2, 2015 4:52 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 24747852)
And another one bites the dust :D.

Now I'm starting to feel like margarita girl. :D

margarita girl May 2, 2015 5:47 am

Still seething in my corner here. Not eligible for this one either. Sigh

Oxon Flyer May 2, 2015 6:36 am

As this is a new wave of targeted promotional activity (and, as has been speculated, in lieu of a Q2/3 promotion), I've split these posts out into a new thread.

/mod

TravelinSperry May 2, 2015 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 24754089)
As this is a new wave of targeted promotional activity (and, as has been speculated, in lieu of a Q2/3 promotion), I've split these posts out into a new thread.

/mod

I can't believe *Wood is not offering any promo to it's best customers (i.e., Plats). Why a chain would ignore us is beyond me and has already resulted in 35 nights being shifted to Hilton (in my case). I'm actually starting to get used to their product and benefits. SPG you are playing with fire and over a modest amount of points risk losing and alienating your best customers.

PointWeasel May 2, 2015 8:35 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 24754023)
Still seething in my corner here. Not eligible for this one either. Sigh

Nada for me.

I'm at an Element tonight, then Aloft, then Four Points, so perhaps the Starwood 'super computer' thinks I am not worthy of any targeted promotions. :eek:

That's fine, I will switch to Marriott and Hilton for a few weeks.

fakeman May 2, 2015 8:44 am

"Unfortunately, you're not eligible for this promotion"

dcstudent May 2, 2015 10:42 am

7 targeted promotions since they started this nonsense and not eligible for any of them. No bueno. :(

princesakura May 2, 2015 11:09 am

I received a promo for 1 Free Award Night for each of my next three stays between May 1 and July 31, for use before end of November.
I'm new to SPG (3 stays since December); can someone direct me to where I can get details about using the Free Award Nights? Specifically, I'd like to know if I need to pay fees or points to use them, as well as what the availability is like, especially for Asia/Pacific locations. Thanks!

Land-of-Miles May 2, 2015 11:46 am

Another promo I am not eligible for, yet another reason to book with other chains