Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:03 am

I'm really disappointed - I tried to register for this promo a few times at the start of May, but as a Plat I guess, there was no soup for me. I tried again yesterday, and it turns out I got double stay credits, which would be extremely helpful this year. Trouble is, I had 14 nights the second half of May, and it doesn't appear that this promo is retroactive .

I never received an email from SPG about the promo either... any idea if it might be worthwhile to write a nice letter to them about this? Likely won't make a difference, but I think its a pretty strange way of running a promotion... any other suggestions?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
I just had my Make It Count points post with the points of my latest stay.

But haven't had anything else, though of course it's still early.

For the bonus points you received, what were they called? Since this promo doesn't seem to have a name besides "select member exclusive".
Still no points for me. I registered on Jun 5 and had stays on:
Jun 2-3
Jun 5-7
Jun 14-17 (X3)

All my stays have posted correctly, and received the points for the weekend bonus promo, but nothing for Make it Count promo.

And still no email from SPG to tell me about this promo. Not only is it targeted, it's exclusive to people who read FT and blogs! Wonder what the heck those marketing guys are trying to figure out.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:29 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Jun 2-3
Jun 5-7
Jun 14-17 (X3)

All my stays have posted correctly, and received the points for the weekend bonus promo, but nothing for Make it Count promo.

And still no email from SPG to tell me about this promo. Not only is it targeted, it's exclusive to people who read FT and blogs! Wonder what the heck those marketing guys are trying to figure out.
Make it Count is the "weekend bonus promo." SME8 is what you are actually referring to.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops, you're right, that's what mine says too.

So I guess no one has received points for the targeted promo then.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Oops, you're right, that's what mine says too.

So I guess no one has received points for the targeted promo then.
Still waiting for 2 stays promo SME8 points
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I can't believe *Wood is not offering any promo to it's best customers (i.e., Plats). Why a chain would ignore us is beyond me and has already resulted in 35 nights being shifted to Hilton (in my case). I'm actually starting to get used to their product and benefits. SPG you are playing with fire and over a modest amount of points risk losing and alienating your best customers.
This is very weird... when I tried to register for this promo back on May 2 (when the thread was in its early stages) I was ineligible. I never received any emails and then was pissed (see my post above). But then, a few days ago another FT thread mentioned a promo - so I registered and was eligible (the 1,000 pts per stay up to 5k offer). Looks like SPG rolled this out to more people over time (perhaps because of our griping about being left out). I like that they did this - but an email would be nice!!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:22 pm

An email, or the bonus retroactive to the start of the promotion period... I usually really 'connect' as a customer with SPG - this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Jun 2-3
Jun 5-7
Jun 14-17 (X3)

same here....4 stays so far but no bonus points yet....
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Okay T&Cs says it should post within 4 weeks after stay. Let's wait and see.
I think with these out-of-the-ordinary promotions, we are all somewhat nervous - if we missed something in the T&C and we don't find out until 4 weeks later, we might not have time to recover.

I got the 1 free night every 2 stays promotion. My 2nd stay concluded 6/19 but nothing yet. Since the promo ends 7/31, it makes me nervous too. Has anyone gotten the free night credit? If yes, does it show under My Earned Award tab?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by username
I think with these out-of-the-ordinary promotions, we are all somewhat nervous - if we missed something in the T&C and we don't find out until 4 weeks later, we might not have time to recover.

I got the 1 free night every 2 stays promotion. My 2nd stay concluded 6/19 but nothing yet. Since the promo ends 7/31, it makes me nervous too. Has anyone gotten the free night credit? If yes, does it show under My Earned Award tab?
Yep I know how you feel. Yes, it should show up in your Earned Awards tab after SPG have credited it.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Not only is it targeted, it's exclusive to people who read FT and blogs!
And who complained that they weren't targeted for a promo

But seriously, I agree it seems strange that nobody got an email for this one. (SME8)
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, thankfully, this time I was targeted AND I read FT.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:22 pm

I think there is a very good chance that this will turn out to be an "error" and that we (those who never received a sign-up email) were not meant to be able to sign up for the promo. Whether we will get any points out of it remains to be seen.

Nonetheless, I remain hopeful...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
I think there is a very good chance that this will turn out to be an "error" and that we (those who never received a sign-up email) were not meant to be able to sign up for the promo. Whether we will get any points out of it remains to be seen.

Nonetheless, I remain hopeful...
The four stages of Frequent Flyer/Stayer grief:

1) Blind optimism in the face of not an iota of evidence of supporting such a belief
2) Disbelief that such upstanding corporate entities do not understand the customers long-winded entreaties that include much irrelevant information aka venting
3)Anger that non-one in the corporate entity seems willing to actually read the communication or actually respond to the specific issues raised aka I got a canned response likely penned by a sofware program.
4) Acceptance comes with the realisation that my threats to boycott the brand in the future a real case of cutting one's nose off despite one's face because the grass is no greener on the other side and that the majority opinion of Flyertalk officianados (AKA Flyertalk Evangelists -people who have an expert opinion on every issue and are not backward in coming forward on any and every issue) is generally one of "What you talking about Willis?

This is usually followed by either meek acceptance that they have been enlightened by their message from the FT deities (they would have done at least as well reading the entrails of chickens) or indignation that someone had dared given an opinion contrary to their own as while ostensibly they requested such opinions they were in reality only seeking those opinions that validated the stance they took in their initial detailing of the event.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:09 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Well, thankfully, this time I was targeted AND I read FT.
I don't think we've successfully concluded that we were indeed targeted as evidenced by the lack of an actual E-mail indicating that we've been indeed targeted and the lack of points thus far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.