Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by JackE
I got nothing for turning either LTG or LTP. Maybe they had a bunch of USB chargers lying around they got rid of, or maybe it's something new.

No big deal either way. There's no reason they have to treat everyone exactly the same.
So you have status now, or are you still Lifetime Nothing?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
So you have status now, or are you still Lifetime Nothing?
I'm not sure what your question is, but I have Lifetime Platinum.

Lifetime refers to that of the program, not me.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was referring to your multiple posts that your Lifetime status meant nothing.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I was referring to your multiple posts that your Lifetime status meant nothing.
Perhaps that was in reference to Starwood going away and lifetime Starwood not being lifetime Marriott.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
I got nothing for turning either LTG or LTP. Maybe they had a bunch of USB chargers lying around they got rid of, or maybe it's something new.

No big deal either way. There's no reason they have to treat everyone exactly the same.
Did you get a welcome e-mail for LTP and click the link in the e-mail where they asked you to confirm your shipping address ?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Did you get a welcome e-mail for LTP and click the link in the e-mail where they asked you to confirm your shipping address ?
Yes. I got a "kit" with the lifetime card and the map, but nothing special other than that.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Fingers crossed that LTP on SPG gets grandfathered in. I'll hit my 10 year platinum mark and 500 night mark later this year. Would hate to lose it after working so hard!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Hit SPG50 for the year last night which puts me at 10 years Plat and 907 LT nights so just hit LT Plat. Whoop whoop!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by X-ON
Just an update on my struggles to get the lifetime points accumulatuion. After three attempts spg have manged to track hotel stay point accumulation prior 2003, however it seems to be very hard to track cc card and bonus credits and redemptions as well prior to 2003.
That would explain how they could track life time nights but not life time points (for all members).... We will see if they manage to get to the data points or not. Right now it does not seems like it's going to happen but you never know...
Ok now its looking like the data points prior 2003 is effectively gone. For the third time they have sent me the incomplete master statement, it beginning to look like more and more as getting a complete lifetime point accumulation figure is impossible at least for my SPG account. If this is because some system deficiency or something that only pertains to my account for some reason I don't know. But I would be very surprised if they would use lifetime points accumulations as a tier determinant in MPG given the apparent state of the tracking of the account history. Life time nights seems to feasible to track though for some reason...
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You really have to hope that their integration team is ahead of you on this detective work, but it's possible this could be a Flyertalk exclusive
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You really have to hope that their integration team is ahead of you on this detective work, but it's possible this could be a Flyertalk exclusive
Yeah I also hope the integration team is ahead of me, but I am starting to wonder...That the CSRs don't know how resolve this I can understand but when the request get forwarded to the account/master statement department and they just can't solve it. I mean it would be likely that there would be a IT project going on which would address these types of issues and the CSRs are unaware of this. But if the account/master statement department have no idea of such project, its either super stealthy or non-existent.
I would have accepted a reply like: "...there is a IT project going that will facilitate your request however this might not be completed until ... we will keep you updated on any progress ..."

But now its like nobody has a clue....hmmm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Perhaps that was in reference to Starwood going away and lifetime Starwood not being lifetime Marriott.
There is no indication that SPG LTG or LTP will lose their status and benefits after SPG is folded into the Marriott program.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I got a master statement several months ago and, as others have reported, the first data point for me is June 28 2004. And it was cashing in an award so I clearly had earnings prior to this. I keep all records in quicken and I can see prior expenses for Sheratons, Westins, Le Meridien, etc.

I haven't followed up as I don't know whether I will need those stays (and the points) for whatever the new combined lifetime program will be. I didn't think I need them for the current program as I'm over 500 nights as is and short of the 10 years platinum and I don't believe I'm missing any platinum years (but maybe I'm wrong here.

What is interesting is that the master statement shows more lifetime nights even without the stays prior to June 2004 than the SPG dashboard.

So I think it is safe to say that SPG is data challenged for it's first five years of existence. The current SPG program started in 1999.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
There is no indication that SPG LTG or LTP will lose their status and benefits after SPG is folded into the Marriott program.
First, they are not confirming LT will track.

Second, my account and I believe others dropped back to Gold for a while. So technically, can never be lifetime since those weeks are a part of our lifetime.

Will LT track? Those who know will not say. Those who say do not know.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
I got a master statement several months ago and, as others have reported, the first data point for me is June 28 2004. And it was cashing in an award so I clearly had earnings prior to this. I keep all records in quicken and I can see prior expenses for Sheratons, Westins, Le Meridien, etc.

I haven't followed up as I don't know whether I will need those stays (and the points) for whatever the new combined lifetime program will be. I didn't think I need them for the current program as I'm over 500 nights as is and short of the 10 years platinum and I don't believe I'm missing any platinum years (but maybe I'm wrong here.

What is interesting is that the master statement shows more lifetime nights even without the stays prior to June 2004 than the SPG dashboard.

So I think it is safe to say that SPG is data challenged for it's first five years of existence. The current SPG program started in 1999.
Interesting, when I first checked my master statement I also thought SPG had short changed me quite a bundle of Lifetime nights, but then I realized that in the nights column award stays prior to 1 Oct 2011 was also counted, when I adjusted for that they just short changed me 4 Nights. For now I can live with that having 800+ lifetime nights .... but it is interesting others share my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.