Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I'm going to make LTP after my stay the next three nights at the Azor Hotel. I'm guessing a Design hotel isn't going to acknowledge it. Maybe the Sheraton Lisbon will for my 501st and 502nd nights. Finally made it after all these years.
Don't expect your higher status to get recognized until after the threshold stay posts to your account. And even then previously booked stays may not get updated unless the property does a refresh on your reservation. From my experience just like making the regular tiers, there's nothing to expect making LT status. Just enjoy the benefits without having to chase the nights.
puchalskir likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I'm going to make LTP after my stay the next three nights at the Azor Hotel. I'm guessing a Design hotel isn't going to acknowledge it. Maybe the Sheraton Lisbon will for my 501st and 502nd nights. Finally made it after all these years.
Just want to say congrats to you on achieving SPG Lifetime Platinum! It is an accomplishment, and shows your loyalty to the brand. Even though no one has to formally acknowledge it, it couldn’t hurt for you to send an email to the hotel mentioning that you’re looking forward to your stay as a newly minted SPG LTP. Also you could mention it upon checking in if you like. It might help get a bit of overall platinum treatment - like a suite upgrade. I enjoyed my stay there a couple of years ago, but I did feel that I had to advocate for myself in order to get my upgrade. Good luck! And, again, congrats!
puchalskir likes this.

Last edited by Travelosopher; Apr 25, 2018 at 3:59 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I would caution against assuming that most SPG Lifetimers will have earned 666,667 SPG points. With a ‘Points per $ spend’ regime, and without inflation indexing, a simple points total is prejudicial against those who earned the majority of their points, say, 10-15 years ago, when you got significantly fewer points per night than you do now. Those same people who are, arguably, SPGs most loyal customers.
A very good point, which is not that hard to adjust for by inflation adjust points earned pre 1/1 2013 with respect to 1/1 2013 when MR introduced the current LT program, another reason for why I think if MAR might be reluctant to match #MR points eqv & #SPG nights against LT MR tiers, which I think is the right thing to do, is the fact that for activity pre 2003 SPG account activity has been purged in their computer system. Hence for a bunch of accounts they cannot audit the accounts, i.e. make sure they balance,... If there is a small number of accounts they might just match twith respect to nights since no accurate account of SPG point activity exists....
Old May 6, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Hmmm. Disappointing that there is no official position report from Marriott on this yet.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Hmmm. Disappointing that there is no official position report from Marriott on this yet.
Not sure which "this" you mean but it is probably either whether SPG LTPs w/750+ nights will be LTPP or whether SPG Gs who got a status match will be considered PP in the new program until the end of the year. Either way, the longer it takes the more likely it is that they are considering the answer you want so be patient. As for the LTPP issue, it would be easy for Marriott to say no, but if they were to say yes they would first need to get the okay from franchisees and make necessary IT changes, so the longer it takes the more likely they are making sure they can say yes. Same for the G status match issue. The person in charge of the new program clearly said status match won't matter but a couple of remote execs said otherwise in interviews. It would have been easy to stick to what was originally intended, but if they are going to switch to what the execs said they need to get agreement and be sure they and make sure they can make the needed technical changes. Taking time indicates they are not giving a quick, easy no answer.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Either way, the longer it takes the more likely it is that they are considering the answer you want so be patient.
Exactly. I'd much rather have them think hard about it, do the numbers, change the assumptions and do them again, than have them take the easy way out and give us a quick No.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
SPG LTPs w/750+ nights will be LTPP
Yep. With ~1,250 SPG nights, it shouldn't take all that long for Marriott to realize they are treating certain long-term, high status level SPG members as 2nd class citizens.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Has anyone received their metal card recently? I made lifetime platinum back in March and am hoping I get my lifetime platinum package before they stop doing them. I'm assuming/hoping it will be business as usual until August.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:51 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I too am waiting after attaining LTP in Mid March. I realize the card is a relic now, but I still hope I get it.

IIRC the promised date was mid May.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:25 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Has anyone received their metal card recently? I made lifetime platinum back in March and am hoping I get my lifetime platinum package before they stop doing them. I'm assuming/hoping it will be business as usual until August.
Originally Posted by damon88
I too am waiting after attaining LTP in Mid March. I realize the card is a relic now, but I still hope I get it.

IIRC the promised date was mid May.

I qualified for LTP in late December. I received my metal card in mid-April. Not sure why it takes so long, but hopefully you'll still get them.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Crazy timing, I actually came home to it today on my porch. So they are definitely still sending them out.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:09 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Crazy timing, I actually came home to it today on my porch. So they are definitely still sending them out.

Thanks for the update- perhaps mine will be there when I return from my trip 👍
Old May 23, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Marriott has very, VERY large shoes to fill...

Wow I'm still amazed while staying at the Sheraton Newfoundland. Everyday I get a present from the GM Mr. Dennis Davies. Like tonight (my 3rd night here) i got another free bottle of wine AND FREE lobsters! And a gift from the guest services director here!

Compliments from the GM Mr Davies @ Sheraton Newfoundland

Yesterday my 2nd night, the executive team at the Sheraton Newfoundland like the GM and all other directors and my ambassadors surprised me with a screeching in ceremony in the lounge.

The Management team at the Sheraton Newfoundland

With the fantastic and very hands on GM Mr. Davies!

My gift from the management team (2nd day gift)

A
nd on my first night, my the GM upgraded me to their largest Suite where Queen Elizabeth stayed at back in 1997! On top of that i got another free bottle of wine and chocolates

Marriott has very very large shoes to fill regarding treating lifetime guests

Super happy and super blessed to have stayed at the Sheraton Newfoundland to celebrate my LTP with SPG when the GM is someone like Mr. Davies and his wonderful executive team and all the staffs here! Also super thankful to my SPG Ambassador for making this all happen as well!

Hopefully Marriott learns a thing or 2 about treating LTPP guests as well!
margarita girl and uxb like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Wow I'm still amazed while staying at the Sheraton Newfoundland. Everyday I get a present from the GM Mr. Dennis Davies. Like tonight (my 3rd night here) i got another free bottle of wine AND FREE lobsters! And a gift from the guest services director here!

Compliments from the GM Mr Davies @ Sheraton Newfoundland

Yesterday my 2nd night, the executive team at the Sheraton Newfoundland like the GM and all other directors and my ambassadors surprised me with a screeching in ceremony in the lounge.

The Management team at the Sheraton Newfoundland

With the fantastic and very hands on GM Mr. Davies!

My gift from the management team (2nd day gift)

A
nd on my first night, my the GM upgraded me to their largest Suite where Queen Elizabeth stayed at back in 1997! On top of that i got another free bottle of wine and chocolates

Super happy and super blessed to have stayed at the Sheraton Newfoundland to celebrate my LTP with SPG when the GM is someone like Mr. Davies and his wonderful executive team and all the staffs here! Also super thankful to my SPG Ambassador for making this all happen as well!

Hopefully Marriott learns a thing or 2 about treating LTPP guests as well!
So let me see if I got this right... Marriott has very very large shoes to fill regarding treating lifetime guests?

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Old May 23, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Nice lobster and nice shoes, BTW. I had none of it when qualified back in 2012 at Westin Diplomat. Except the upgrade to the similar size suite with the ocean view and two balconies. : But that had nothing to do with reaching LTP, just a regular generous upgrade at that long gone old friend...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.